1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Israel as a Non-playable Civ

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Bob III, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Bob III

Bob III Lazy Roamer

I don't come up with ideas very often, but when I come up with something I think is good, I make sure to get it out.

I'm sure we've all realized (unless it's a fluke in my game) that Jerusalem turns into an Independent Civ around the time it would have in history. (1970s?) It would be nice to actually be able to talk to Israel and trade with Israel. So my suggestion is to add Israel as a Civilization to RFC.

Now I'm not sure how difficult this would be, and I know that there are no plans to add new Civilizations, but I would really like to see Israel as a non-playable civilization. Although, I do realize it would be hard for the small nation to prosper, so special abilities would be required, like "No Negative Stability due to Low Expansion" or something to prevent it from collapsing. Israel has had such a great effect on recent history, so it would be a wothwhile addition to Rhye's.

Feel free to criticise or comment.

(PS: I haven't been around much lately due to plenty of schoolwork, so if something has happened recently that makes this look really stupid, please tell me. :goodjob: )

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I had considered its addition, but in the end dropped the idea because they would be a 1-city civ: a waste of a slot

3. Bob III

Bob III Lazy Roamer

Oh. Sorry to hear that. Is there any way it could be less of a waste? Maybe Israel could also be a very weak Civ at the beginning of the game that would be absorbed by the Arabs if not conquered before.

4. dionysos2048

dionysos2048 AntiSarko

I doesn't make sense to me to have Israel in the mod, from a historical point of view, as it should be there only for the few first and last turns of the game.

5. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

once they're in, a slot is added for them, slowing down the whole game (unless you replace another civ)

6. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

They can replace something like the Mayans in the 600 AD start, I never saw them really respawning.

7. Bob III

Bob III Lazy Roamer

I wouldn't complain there.