Israel blocks supplies to 'hostile' Gaza...

But no one thus far has declared war...at least in this situation...

Countries don't need to declare war to be at war.

Nivi, I just checked, but it seems Hamas won 44 percent of the popular vote.

So about your argumentation (which I disagree with), what about the other 56%?

They have (mostly) elected another terrorist gang (which now that there's hamas is herald as "moderate"), if more then half the population wanted to stop firing rockets, it would get done. When Fatah ruled gaza their were still several thousands of rockets fired at Israel.

Scary reasoning.

Does that mean that Hamas firing missiles in retaliation of raids is justified in aiming for and hitting Israeli civilian targets because if another goverment would have led Israel there would probably be Gaza raids as well? So every Israeli citizen is fair game.

Does it also work the other way around or is this a case of: they started first?

Scary reasoning.

Does that mean that Hamas firing missiles in retaliation of raids is justified in aiming for and hitting Israeli civilian targets because if another goverment would have led Israel there would probably be Gaza raids as well? So every Israeli citizen is fair game.

Does it also work the other way around or is this a case of: they started first?

Uh huh? :confused:

...so we can expect a fresh round of rockets any minute now :( ...

If I read the article correctly, I figure this is in response to a rocket attack.

What's the statute of limitations on blowing up hotels and such?

I think a military HQ is a perfectly legitimate target, but you'd probably disagree that there was foul play when the British decided to place it in a hotel.

Within what time frame could Israel have been leveled by Britain, due to the previous actions of elected officials, that you would have declared to be your own fault?

The militant group, Hamas, which controls Gaza, said such a move would be considered a declaration of war.

ANYTHING BUT THAT OMG

If I read the article correctly, I figure this is in response to a rocket attack.

It is. But since pretty much any action by Israel against palestinian territories is answered by rockets, I'm sure we can expect some more. let's just hope that these ones don't reach thier targets.

Israel needs to take the Gaza Strip and remove everyone from the land which is in range of any Israeli civilian population or military installation. Then set up patrols to ensure that it stays that way. This should be done for the West Bank and Lebanon, as well. Israel also needs to start going after the countries arming these terrorists.

Just bloody ethnically cleanse them and get over it. It's not like Israel can possibly be condemned any more.

Israel needs to take the Gaza Strip and remove everyone from the land which is in range of any Israeli civilian population or military installation. Then set up patrols to ensure that it stays that way. This should be done for the West Bank and Lebanon, as well. Israel also needs to start going after the countries arming these terrorists.

A good idea, but most parts of the Gaza strip are only 8-10 km wide, which is exactly the range of Qassam 2/3 rockets. Removing palestinians from the ares you describe would probably mean just taking htem out of Gaza completely...

A good idea, but most parts of the Gaza strip are only 8-10 km wide, which is exactly the range of Qassam 2/3 rockets. Removing palestinians from the ares you describe would probably mean just taking htem out of Gaza completely...

Then so be it.

Wouldn't it just be easier and better for the pallies to, you know, stop firing rockets?;)

Massive difference between targeting civilians and an embargo.
Not if you look at who is affected by it, and the reasoning behind it. Note that I am focussing on your argumentation "it's their own fault". It can be applied to both situations.

Top Bottom