Israel invades Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right: feelings and personal righteousness aside, does anyone actually have a plausable solution for the entire Israel/Palestine mess?

arm both sides to the teeth and let them have at it until one side exterminates the other, remember: there can be only one.

arm both sides to the teeth and let them have at it until one side exterminates the other, remember: there can be only one.
I don't think the Israelis would go for that. They might lose after all.

Why do you think they don't allow any? Do you think Israel wants BBC reporters going of about some poor kid who died in a missile strike which also killed 3 Hamas? I doubt that Israel wants the west to start thinking that they are mass murderers who kill any Palestinians who get in there way. (Which obviously isn't the truth.)

What he said:

Obviously the BBC has an axe to grind against the Jewish state

Also I don't get how it's obvious that Israel isn't commiting mass murder here. What would you call blowing the crap out of a school killing 40 people?

And don't start talking about human shields. If they really gave a damn about that school they could they have not sent infantry to it? No that would endanger Israeli soldiers. Solution - blow them all up and let God sort them out.

And the solution would be..?

Did you not read what I wrote? In other words, STOP FIGHTING and work out your grievances. It's that simple. As for whether it will happen, that's up to both sides.

Hossam, thank you so much for your insight.

ICBM, there was no solution in your "solution"
im glad i could help you better understand what is necessary to solve the problem:)
I don't think the Israelis would go for that. They might lose after all.

i sense you're sarcasm, and i don't appreciate it.

Did you not read what I wrote? In other words, STOP FIGHTING and work out your grievances. It's that simple. As for whether it will happen, that's up to both sides.

I mean how would they divide things up and live after the cease-fire? just wait around until some israeli decides his palestinean neighbors lawn is holy ground decides to shoot the infidel for letting his dog crap on it? (or visa-versa)

I mean how would they divide things up and live after the cease-fire? just wait around until some israeli decides his palestinean neighbors lawn is holy ground decides to shoot the infidel for letting his dog crap on it? (or visa-versa)

thats why my solution is best, you dont have to worry about stuff like that when only one side is left.

ICBM, don't you realize its not that simple! Why would Israel stop fighting when they know that Hamas will continue to fire rockets and why would Hamas stop firing rockets when in their charter their stated goal is the destruction of Israel.

Let them work it out. At best, we outsiders can make suggestions.

thats why my solution is best, you dont have to worry about stuff like that when only one side is left.

But if the Israelis kill the palestineans, all the arabs will be angry, and if the palestineans kill the israelis, the americans will be angry. So should we just call it a free-for-all and let everyone shoot each other until one guy and his ideology remains, then he turns schitzophrenic and decides shoots his alternate personality that he thinks is an infidel?

What he said:

Also I don't get how it's obvious that Israel isn't commiting mass murder here. What would you call blowing the crap out of a school killing 40 people?

And don't start talking about human shields. If they really gave a damn about that school they could they have not sent infantry to it? No that would endanger Israeli soldiers. Solution - blow them all up and let God sort them out.

its not mass murder and the number of dead does not hint at mass murder either. IF and this is an unknown this was a deliberate attack on a civilian target and not on a military one then it would be an unjustifiable attack on civilians and if you want to call it this mass murder. However the situation being murky as it is: it is not easy to just take one incident and call this whole operation one of mass murder (especially if this was the goal the majority of dead would be civilians and the numbers much higher - its difficult in Gaza to kill as few people as the Israelis did with this amount of operations).
As for Infantry: do you seriously think that a full blown incursion into the urban areas of Gaza would result in less civilian casualties? they'd have to fight there way there - so that would mean house to house combat with more - much more casualties on both sides but mostly civilians.

ICBM, don't you realize its not that simple! Why would Israel stop fighting when they know that Hamas will continue to fire rockets and why would Hamas stop firing rockets when in their charter their stated goal is the destruction of Israel.
It's not impossible to give up the goal of destroying Israel. That's a tall order, and there must be some reason they want to do it. But if you want a prolonged war of attrition, your choice.

But if the Israelis kill the palestineans, all the arabs will be angry, and if the palestineans kill the israelis, the americans will be angry. So should we just call it a free-for-all and let everyone shoot each other until one guy and his ideology remains, then he turns schitzophrenic and decides shoots his alternate personality that he thinks is an infidel?

meh, we have to draw the line somewhere. i think mine is the best.

Easy for you to say.

The soldiers are there in order to protect Israeli civilians, not Palestinian civilians.
Of course they don't want to put Palestinian civilians in harms way (don't forget killing civilians is also counter-productive to Israel's intentions, as it narrows Israel's diplomatic maneuver space and brings the operation to a closer forced finale), but that doesn't mean sending out troops to suicide missions.

Because they will always support Israel, and it would be stupid to openly support what the Israelis are at now.

True, but at some point the US administration has got to ask itself whether the Israeli invasion is truly in the interest of Israel (and the US) in the long run?

When this is over I expect thousands to join Hamas, Al-Quada etc., and 1000 times that to symphathise with their cause. The hate in the region towards Israel and the US will just spiral upwards another notch. Didn't they learn something from the distasterous Israeli campaign in Lebanon in 2007?

All right: feelings and personal righteousness aside, does anyone actually have a plausable solution for the entire Israel/Palestine mess?
Sadly, I don't really see a peaceful solution to the mess anymore. It's been decades of hate from generation to generation - it's not going to vanish just because the politicians sign treaties etc.

Sadly, I think we will see a terrorists organisation aquire nuclear/biological/chemical weapons at some point in the future and the no. 1 target will be Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom