1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Israel invades Gaza

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gogf, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lay_Lay

Lay_Lay King

Everyone is an international and treaties law expert here, I see.

2. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

WTF is this supposed to mean? I wish people would stop making RIDICULOUS comparisons. I guess that's all the anti-Israel folks can really come up with at this point...

3. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

Give me a break. Do you seriously think Israel is NOT trying to avoid civilian casualties? They're fighting NON-UNIFORMED terrorists in a freakin' CITY for god sakes! Civilians are going to die. It's unfortunate, but there's nothing we can do about it. Acting like Israel is trying to kill those civilians willful ignorance.

4. capslock

capslock Emperor

To add to this post:
    Non uniformed terrorists whose strategy involves using civilians as shields IOT discredit and weaken international support (improve internation disdain?) for the Isrealis who cannot avoid the collateral damage.

You know they do it (use human shields, fight amongst civilians) to get a rise out of you when an Israeli bomb kills some of them. Why do you let yourselves fall for this tactic? Stop feeling so sorry for them and start getting angry at the terrorists for causing this havoc and things might start to get better.

5. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

Ok fair enough; where have you seen that information by the way? ( About Hamas putting explosives in schools? )

6. civaddict098

civaddict098 Prince

7. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

Uh... did you read my post? I agree with you.

8. capslock

capslock Emperor

ya, i wasn't arguing with you. I just dovtailed off your post, lol. Sorry for teh confusion. You was a general you adressing the bleeding hearts here.

9. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

Ok everyone, Gogf is now center of the universe.

;)

10. carmen510

carmen510 Deity

If Israel was trying to avoid civilian casualties, it would avoid airstrikes, as it knows fully well Hamas hides among civilians.

11. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Yeah, because fighting through the streets, building to building, to get to all those target sights saves SOOOO may lives :rolleyes:

Honestly, what are you people on?

There is exactly one group responsible for the deaths resulting from using civilians as human shields. The people using them as human shields.

12. Shekwan

13. civaddict098

civaddict098 Prince

well the first one works for me.

Just because the IDF published the second one doesnt make it not true. Its not like hamas is going to be releasing any videos like that.

14. carmen510

carmen510 Deity

@Patroklos: I'm not saying that exactly. I just think there should be a better way than artillery/air strikes at a mostly civilian target, and one that doesn't use as many Israeli lives as well.

And while it is true Hamas has the blame for using such human shields, it remains the responsibility of those who killed them, the Israeli soldiers.

15. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/06/bushs-environmental-legacy-draws-mixed-reviews/

Clocked out two weeks ago? Let me guess... you don't actually read the news, you just slander Bush obsessively.

Regardingthe current admins position on this event, since you obviously have been unable to find anything:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...l-diplomatic-support-over-Gaza-offensive.html

There. Now you know what the Bush admin has to say.

Wrong. See above.
    Wrong. See above.

16. Shekwan

Yeah but it's not as credible as an independent source. Hamas probably could make such videos, youtube wouldn't take them though. I remember the insurgency in Iraq used to make propaganda videos a few years ago.

17. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

Well here are some Palestinian doctors climbing into an ambulance

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=116_1231063776

And let's not even go into the 60 Minutes Pallywood

18. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

You mean the terrorists in Iraq? Since when are suicide bombers "insurgents"? What are they insurging against? The democratically elected Iraqi government and its decisions?

Youtube not accepting videos from terrorists? How terrible! We should fight for the baby targeters right to make youtube videos. This world will be screwed until people who convince others to suicide bomb into innocent children are given the right to make youtube videos! (and shoot rockets wherever and whenever they want, of course)

19. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Listen, I am trying to to be condecending, but it seems to me that you and some others here have played a little too much COD or watched too much 24. In real life there are no Splinter Cell types that sneak into heavily occupied territory and kill just the bad guys. If you want to destroy a target in enemy held territory you either fight your way to it or air strike it, and thats about it.

What so many of you guys are missing is just how unprecidentedly NON LETHAL the last few wars have been. Can you even imagine what kind of casualties would have been inflicted if nations like Isreal or America hadn't dropped major cash on the most accurate and advanced weapons possible? If Isreal really didn't care they would be dropping iron bombs all over the place itead of million doller precision missiles.

20. Shekwan

They were insurgents in that they were an armed group struggling against military forces there. You can throw around your emotive words all you want it doesn't really matter what you call them. It can still be an insurgency without popular support.

I wasn't protesting the fact that youtube wouldn't put up terrorist propaganda videos. Why would I want that?

Can you imagine what kind of casualties could have been avoided if nations like the US and Israel spent that money on humanitarian services?

I've got a question about this conflict. Why do Hamas have popular support in the Gaza strip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.