1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Israel invades Gaza

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gogf, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. civaddict098

civaddict098 Prince

Thats simply not true. The last reports i saw said IDF says 16% civilians, UN says something like 20-30% civilians

2. brennan

brennan Argumentative Brit

Ah, a little dose of hate. Good at solving conflict that is, but I wouldn't expect you to understand morals.
    There's a fairly basic difference between 'explaining' and 'justifying' something. Go read up on it before you make your ignorant assumptions.

3. otago

otago Deity

A reservist in training is not a fair military target, the IDF is tugging on a long bow with that one.

Israel leave the West bank, we would see civil war in Israel if they tried to remove those so called settlers.
    And can the IDF be trusted to carry out that task, it seems a number among them have got away with mutiny over another house on the West bank where they refused to carry out lawful orders to remove settlers.

4. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

This line of thought is PRECISELY why Palistinians put their children in harms way. They use the blood of their children to paint the Israelis exactly this way.

Apparently it works incredibly well on the gullible who will excuse the palis using their children as fodder simply to paint the Israelis as 'evil'.

Again, anyone that blames Israel for civilian casualties that occur from a position that Hamas is using to fire rockets or mortars isnt worth listening to. They literally dont have the capability to see where the real responsibility for this issue comes from.

Its not a hard concept. If Hamas will stop shooting rockets at Israel, Israel will leave them alone. Duh.

5. capslock

capslock Emperor

Ya, I know, lol, this happened last night too. Just bc I quoted you doesn't mean I'm directing my response at you. I was dovetailing off your post, addressing teh same people you were.

6. brennan

What kind of sick immoral creature does not consider number of deaths to be important? Remind us what the road to hell is paved with? These days it is largely paved with 'collateral damage' methinks.

7. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

Agreed (I must be on meth :p), I think what people fail to realize is that it's not the death toll that comes form Hamas' rocket attacks, it's the fact that they are firing rockets at civilian targets

Brennan, noncom, if someone was going to fire rockets at you all day, even if there were a 95% chance that it wouldn't hit you, would want to live and raise a family in that environment?

Hamas will never stop firing rockets at Israeli citizens until every one of them is dead. What do you not understand about this?

8. Princeps

Princeps More bombs than God

Well, look, what do you expect? You have desperate conditions with deeply impoverished and starving people. Then you throw in many millions worth of modern equipment. Are you saying that wouldn't loot it? Ineed, as we can see from some of the articles (which also prove that you are lying) Hamas tried to prevent the destruction.

Can you recall when the US invaded Iraq and once law enforcement was destroyed, everyone began looting. Can you remember Hurricane Katrina when desperate people in a desperate place began looting property of other people? Desperate people in a desperate place, i.e. Gazans in Gaza, are willing to steal and loot in order to survive. If you leave many millions worth of modern fancy equipment lying around, they'll take it.

The reason for Gazan and Palestinian poverty and economic problems are obvious. It is the height of stupidity to deny it. The Israeli occupation, which has gone on for DECADES, has left Palestinian economy in ruins. While Palestinians and Hamas are not blameless, the Israeli actions are the root cause of this conflict.

9. capslock

capslock Emperor

Sweet Mary Mother of God, this is not that difficult.

The IDF bombed a military target. A rocket sight being used to punish innocent Isreali citizens. HOW IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

The fact that is happened to be a school is the fault of Hamas. They choose sights like schools and hospitals because they know idiots like you will blame Isreal. When Isreal calls them to say "Hey, we are about to blow up your building" instead of evacuating, they rush to fill it with as many women and children as possible, hoping, praying to Allah that Isreal bombs it anyway (of course, they don't if at all possible). They happily parade their dead children before the world to make you upset at Isreal and YOU FALL FOR IT LIKE A COMPLETE BAFOON.

You anger is justified, but horribly missplaced. You CAUSE THESE KIDS DEATHS with your attitude, because the terrorists know the reaction you will have and rely on it as part of their strategy. Start blaming those responsible and hold them accountable. THAT IS HOW YOU STOP THIS NONSENSE.

10. Yui108

Yui108 Deity

No I mean, Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel.

11. brennan

Will you kindly stop accusing people who object to IDF actions as 'excusing' or in any way condoning terrorist action. It is dishonest and highly offensive. It is also deeply hypocritical since you are doing eerything you can to excuse and justify the IDF's killing of civilians. I have already called HAMAS actions terrorists and warcrimes, to pretend that I or others in any way support certain of their actions is entirely repulsive behaviour.

Communisto: have you not heard of the IRA? We talked to them and it worked. Some people just fail to learn the lessons their noses are wiped in.

'Leave them alone' as in forcing them to live in squalor, stealing their land etc etc...? Somehow I don't see the Palestinians seeing it in such a simple light given the last 40 odd years. Duh.

12. Merkinball

Merkinball Deity

Oh, I understand morals. And I understand that forcing civilians to die and seek shelter has nothing to do with having morals, are obtaining moral high ground. Ironic seeing as how you justify the group that specifically targets civilians, while claiming that you have some sort of monopoly over in understanding morality.

I read your disclaimers, and they're as pathetic and transparent as Cartmen saying he doesn't hate Muslims. You can't on one hand say that you don't agree with what Hamas does, and then turn around and say "DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY LAUNCH ROCKETS!" And you can't expect me sit here and believe that you're not taking sides when you insist that Israel restrain itself and NOT protect its civilians.

What discreetly say in these posts is a lot more telling as to what you really believe than your mandatory "well Hamas is wrong too! And I don't agree with them!" posts.

Seriously. I don't see you saying, "Do you know why Isreal is retaliating? Hamas should show some restraint here."

No. You are saying that Israel should show some restraint, and your begging the question about Hamas randomnly flinging rockets at Israeli civilians. You are transparent as Saran Wrap Brennan.

13. Merkinball

Merkinball Deity

Well golly gee. Maybe if Hamas spent their money feeding their people they wouldn't be starving. But instead, they fund an intifada against the dirty Jews. It's nice to see we have our thinking caps on!

14. brennan

Attacking a military target when it endangers a disproportionate number of civilian lives is a WAR CRIME oh immoral one. Regardless of who started it.

How can you say that I, or anyone else like me causes such deaths? This is moral bankruptcy of the worst kind I have seen on CFC since a certain person shrugged off the deaths of children as they were 'only going to grow up to be terrorists anyway'. you are currently agreeing with him btw.

How can you say anyone happily parades their dead children around? You clearly have no conception of where humanity belongs in this discussion and the idea that I would take any such criticism from you is laughable.

15. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

Actually, I have heard of the IRA. A couple of my relatives were reputed to be members.

and if you're implying that occupation of Northern Ireland is in any way similar to Gaza, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

16. Merkinball

Merkinball Deity

:lol: No. It isn't. Once it is used as a fighting position it is fair game for the other beligerants to defend their own lives. Thank you very much.

Well...the parading of the Hamas leaders sons bodies was so effective at garnering attention that they...dug up the already buried daughters...

I'm just sayin'.

Oh, and I will never get over people equating Palestinian and Arab terrorist groups to the IRA. Totally awesome stuff.

17. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Palistine isnt Ethiopia or Bangladesh during a drought. They are not 'impoverished and starving' and for you to allege this is just silly. Poor nations in Africa are 'deeply impoverished and starving'....not Gaza.

The people in New Orleans werent desparate....they were friggin criminals who saw an opportunity to grab crap without recourse. Hell, even some of the local cops got caught stealing stuff. People dont necessarily steal stuff to survive....they also steal crap because they want it.

Correct. They have absolute IDIOTS for leaders. Arafat wasnt anything more than a terrorist and a terrible leader at that. He fed off the people he was supposedly leading and became filthy rich off the proceeds that were supposed to go to his 'people'. I dont see Hamas or anyone else in the picture being any different.

Again, cry me a river. Egypt, Syria and Jordan should have thought of this before trying to wipe out Israel.

Laughable.

What caused this was ceaseless hatred on the part of the palis. They shoot rockets into Israel. If they didnt do this, Israel wouldnt invade Gaza. Period.

18. brennan

Frankly I fail to see what benefit I would get from responding to someone whose command of English is so poor that they feel describing HAMAS actions as Warcrimes and Terrorism qualifies as 'justifying' them.

19. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

Right, the IRA were pretty much mental nationalists with very little reason to do what they were doing.

God, this is the equivilent of a guy stabbing my brother, so I burn his house down while his family's in there.

20. brennan

Two bitterly opposed sides, one far superior to the other militarily, both insisting that the other is incapable of civilised behaviour? Yes, completely different. :rolleyes:
    No, it is not, and I have already quoted relevant parts of the Geneva Conventions. You merely have unsubstantiated rhetoric and a poor command of English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.