1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Israel Navy Opens Fire on Gaza Aid Flotilla II

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by holy king, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

While the far-right is fed propaganda called Fox News...

2. trader/warrior

trader/warrior Deity

So who are you blaming here? Hamas? PLO? PA? The palestinian ethnicity as a whole?

Palestine is not a state, not occupied territory, not hostile territory and not unclaimed land. Yet Israel seems to treat it as all those things if and when it fits them.

3. civver_764

civver_764 Deity

I don't see the need to single out Fox News. The mainstream American media as a whole is ridiculously biased towards Israel. Not that it should come at a surprise given how powerful the Israel lobby is.

4. Formaldehyde

5. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Why, I didnt know that Israelis force their children to watch Foxnews. Oh the horror.

:rolleyes:

6. Verbose

Verbose Deity

Exactly. It would really cut through a lot of the complications if Israel just went and occupied it properly. The Israeli refusal to do so muddies the waters like hell.

7. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

You can't blame the kids who watch this that they're influenced by this, or other older forms of guided information can you? Can you blame the adolescent who has watched this his while childhood having certain opinions as a result of his upbringing? Can you blame the adult who sees his preconceived notions confirmed by selective observation and lack of perspective? Can you blame the parent teaching his kids the kind of propaganda he has been subjected to his whole life?

At what point in the life of such a Palestinian (because strangely enough there are other who even with the propaganda machine at full strength who just want to live a peaceful life and don't feel the need to drive Israel into the sea) do you expect him to make the decision that everything he's been bombarded with (no pun) his whole life is wrong?

A decision we, on the outside, with the gift of perspective and all kinds of information available at out fingertips and not being burdened by life in the Gaza, think of as common sense. But I doubt that none of us, subjected to the same life, would not be hateful of a demonized people.

8. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

And we're supporting this? :eek:

I'm starting to think those anti-Israel protesters might have a point.

9. Verbose

Verbose Deity

Only indirectly.

But you weren't aware?

If these people bother you, you might look into the situation that has been created in Hebron.

10. civver_764

civver_764 Deity

Dude it gets worse.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/civil-rights-group-israel-has-reached-new-heights-of-racism-1.234831

11. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

US media is pretty insular so you don't exactly see it on the evening news here. I'm sad to say I've only been aware of it in recent months and dismissed it as the odd event but now I'm seeing more and more of what Israel is really like and I feel disgust that I believed Israel was completely innocent.

Explains why the Palestinians are lobbing mortars to begin with.

12. Formaldehyde

And you know for a fact that the Palestinians force their children to watch Farfur the Terror Mouse?

13. MobBoss

Ahh, now I get it. Someones bitter. :lol:

14. Formaldehyde

Is that what you call making allegations with no actual "proof"?

15. MobBoss

No, thats what I call people pulling quotes from other threads cause their feelings are hurt. :mischief:

16. Formaldehyde

Perhaps you should take another look at that quote. You seem to be forming opinions without any actual "evidence" again. What my "feelings" might be is clearly in the realm of sheer speculation on your part, especially since the quote obviously pertains to your statement.

And you still haven't answered the question which I'll take to be a "no", since you apparently keep trying to change the subject.

17. Verbose

Verbose Deity

Maybe, but there really isn't anything that can warrant indiscriminate rocket fire or suicide bombers. On top of that, those attacks are totally counterproductive for the Palestinians. Just saying.

18. useless

useless Social Justice Rogue

I have a feeling that if it was the other way round, with the Palestinians abusing the Jews, you would be having a field day...

19. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

That's exactly what you would expect out of two groups of people that were in conflict for about a century, but at least no Israelis are grouping up to launch rockets into innocent Palestinian towns and cities, or strapping themselves up in bombs and blowing up in Palestinian restaurants, buses, malls, and all sorts of other public places.

20. useless

useless Social Justice Rogue

Why do you ignore the Israeli's forcibly removing people out of their homes? And bulldosing them?