Israel needs to be "wiped of the map" - Ahmadinejad (Iran president)

@CruddyLeper: Your demagogic posts are so impressive... I almost believe it was president of Israel who swore to wipe Iran from the face of the world, not the other way around.

Oh, and if president of Iran was elected "democratically", doesn't that mean that most of Iran's population is ready for some "wiping"?

CruddyLeper said:
Well, no. Kuwaiti royal family likes you because you got them back their oil revenue. Average Kuwaiti thinks we're lying turds because they didn't get democracy after 1991.

Well then those that don't like us can leave if they want. Since the royal family is the one in control they don't matter too much.

Check width of Strait of Hormuz. Calculate average flight range for 155mm artillery shell or Silkworm missile, and then work out average survival rating for tanker.

They just need to get lucky once with a row boat and a hand grenade and the oil prices zoom. I suspect they'd get lucky more than once.

Beating a conventional army is one thing. Beating a nation of 60 million isn't. That's quite a lot more than Vietnam had. With more natural resources. With more allies (2 billion Muslims).

Just what GWB wants, because a large slice of that extra oil cost goes straight into his wallet.

You are in for a shock. If Iran regime attacks US forces in Iraq, Iran regime is toast. Check this out. It's from a recent draft Pentagon paper (not yet approved AFAIK):

(1) Geographic combatant commanders may request Presidential approval for use of nuclear weapons for a variety of conditions. Examples include:

(a) An adversary using or intending to use WMD against US, multinational, or alliance forces or civilian populations.

(b) Imminent attack from adversary biological weapons that only effects from nuclear weapons can safely destroy.

(c) Attacks on adversary installations including WMD, deep, hardened bunkers containing chemical or biological weapons or the C2 infrastructure required for the adversary to execute a WMD attack against the United States or its friends and allies.

(d) To counter potentially overwhelming adversary conventional forces, including mobile and area targets (troop concentration).

(e) For rapid and favorable war termination on US terms.

(f) To ensure success of US and multinational operations.

(g) To demonstrate US intent and capability to use nuclear weapons to deter adversary use of WMD.

(h) To respond to adversary-supplied WMD use by surrogates against US and multinational forces or civilian populations.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/dod/jp3_12fc2.pdf

Your friends in the Iranian regime are stupid if they attack US in Iraq. Note all those examples when a commander in the theater can ask the President for permission to use nukes, especially the ones in bold.

CruddyLeper said:
Beating a conventional army is one thing. Beating a nation of 60 million isn't. That's quite a lot more than Vietnam had. With more natural resources. With more allies (2 billion Muslims).
Don't exaggerate. The higest estimate on the wiki is 1.48 billion, not two, while the Muslim delegates to the UN only claim 1.2 billion.

Inflating figures to make a point is a bad debating tactic, and one that will get you busted here.

As for Iran controlling the Strait of Hormuz, phh. The US Air Force is barely being used in Iraq, and has more than 7000 combat craft; the Navy has 4000 more. When you add in cruise missiles, Iran is in for a world of hurt even without us landing boots on the ground.

Besides, even if they did start sinking tankers, that's the fastest way to get themselves invaded by their neighbors. Common hatred of the US or not, if tankers start going down then we'll go elsewhere to get our oil until things cool down, even if it's twice as expensive. Do you honestly think the rest of the Middle East is going to sit there and watch Iran bring their chief industry to a halt during a time when they could be making billions in profit? Yeah right.

It means they're ready to stand up to those who would bully, intimidate and terrorise them into submission, yes.

So much crap been posted about how "evil" Iran is. Thought it was time the balance was evened a little.

I've been up till... now 8AM my time.

What do you expect him to say? "Israel's previous actions are totally OK by me and they shouldn't ever fear being punished for their crimes?"

He wouldn't last in office 5 minutes with that line.

cierdan said:
Well then those that don't like us can leave if they want. Since the royal family is the one in control they don't matter too much.

So little people don't matter, eh? What an arrogant fool you are.

cierdan said:
You are in for a shock. If Iran regime attacks US forces in Iraq, Iran regime is toast. Check this out. It's from a recent draft Pentagon paper (not yet approved AFAIK):

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/dod/jp3_12fc2.pdf

Technically illegal... or as legal as Iran wiping out Israel. Which it won't do because Israel has had nukes since early 70s.

cierdan said:
Your friends in the Iranian regime

I have no friends in Iran.

are stupid if they attack US in Iraq. Note all those examples when a commander in the theater can ask the President for permission to use nukes, especially the ones in bold.

Uh? One moment you're talking preemptive strike, the next you're talking Iranian invasion of Iraq (which won't happen, Iran isn't that stupid).

Anyway, if US uses nukes first, then US can't complain when nuclear retaliation occurs.

Might not be for generations, but it would happen.

So, CruddyLeper, answer one simple question, would you?

Iran just swore to wipe Israel off the map, do you approve it or not?

You seem so anti-American like you want America to get nuked or you wouldn't mind it if it happened. You might want to watch what you say since they are going to have new speech laws in UK soon.

CruddyLeper? Hello?

Iran is going to destroy bad bad racist apartheid state of Israel. What do you say? Shoud they go for it? (remember, you hate any form of war)

EDIT: what a pity, CruddyLeper has gone offline. OK, then I'll go to sleep too.

Elrohir said:
Don't exaggerate. The higest estimate on the wiki is 1.48 billion, not two, while the Muslim delegates to the UN only claim 1.2 billion.

Inflating figures to make a point is a bad debating tactic, and one that will get you busted here.

You are omitting the number of new Muslism born before hostilities end. Over the course of a decade, 20 million new recruits (to raise to 1.5 billion, rounds up to 2) is a conservative estimate.

Do your maths before posting, eh? Can get you busted just as bad.

Elrohir said:
As for Iran controlling the Strait of Hormuz, phh. The US Air Force is barely being used in Iraq, and has more than 7000 combat craft; the Navy has 4000 more. When you add in cruise missiles, Iran is in for a world of hurt even without us landing boots on the ground.

How do you resupply an air force when you're supply vessels cannot reach them?

Elrohir said:
Besides, even if they did start sinking tankers, that's the fastest way to get themselves invaded by their neighbors. Common hatred of the US or not, if tankers start going down then we'll go elsewhere to get our oil until things cool down, even if it's twice as expensive. Do you honestly think the rest of the Middle East is going to sit there and watch Iran bring their chief industry to a halt during a time when they could be making billions in profit? Yeah right.

They're neighbours? Check a map. :lol:

You think Turkey will have anything to do with an invasion? They wouldn't help topple Saddam, no way they'll get involved.

The US allies in Afghanistan won't move a muscle. Not their turf, not their war.

Which leaves Iraq. Nah, they've got their hands full.

Kuwait? Forget it.

Saudi? Forget it. They can tranship by pipeline anyway, not a problem for them.

Which leaves UAE. A disperate band of rulers who can't even unite themselves.

Lamest post so far in this thread.

Leha said:
So, CruddyLeper, answer one simple question, would you?

Iran just swore to wipe Israel off the map, do you approve it or not?

I've already said no. Just for the hard of reading, I'll say it again, no.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Happy now? Good.

cierdan said:
You seem so anti-American like you want America to get nuked or you wouldn't mind it if it happened. You might want to watch what you say since they are going to have new speech laws in UK soon.

Pff, makes no difference posting on US servers.

I don't want ANYONE to get nuked, OK? It's this sort of brinksmanship that led to WW1. And if Israel doesn't work hard to keep the peace ball rolling... well, they're closest ally.

Gaza pullout was a FIRM hit in the right direction. Although Moshe Dayan had interesting quote on it.

"Pull out of Gaza? We'll double cross that bridge when we come to it".

CruddyLeper said:
Not quite. A state of Isreal, based on fundamental principles of equality regardless of religion or race would be my preference.

Not the current situation of "You're Jewish? OK, so long as you'll fight in the Army you're in".

It's racist apartheid, pure and simple.
You are so clueless it's amazing. Apartheid ah? Yuo throw this significant RACIST remarks without having a mere conncection to reality.
The so called current situation yo describe is so wrong it seems worthless trying to show you the truth because your eyes are blind. Israel is one of the few most liberal nations in the world. This post was very insulting and I expect you to reply.
CruddyLeper said:
I do not favour destruction over peace. However, if Israel continues on it's stubborn course of "God gave the land to US! To US! Isaac conned Ishmael so it's ours, nyahh-nyahh-nyahhh-nah" then it's pretty much doomed to be end up as radioactive desert anyway.

Another very racist remark. Israel never said that! We never said the land between the rivers is ours! The bible says that, not us. Your mind is effected by severe anti-israeli propaganda.

CruddyLeper said:
You are omitting the number of new Muslism born before hostilities end. Over the course of a decade, 20 million new recruits (to raise to 1.5 billion, rounds up to 2) is a conservative estimate.

Do your maths before posting, eh? Can get you busted just as bad.
I'll make sure to do my "maths", just make sure you do yours. :p

It's not 1.5 billion, it was 1.48, you round down buddy, that's first grade math. Besides, you can't round 500 million people in your arguments, that's absurd, the difference is nothing to sneeze at; that's greater than the population of the US and UK combined.

And what makes you think this is going to last a whole decade anyway? There could be 20 million more Muslims on the planet by 2015, but we're not talking about 2015, we're talking about 2005, let's keep it in the present.

How do you resupply an air force when you're supply vessels cannot reach them?
Are you stupid? The F-16 has a range of over 2,000 miles! We could easily bomb any part of Iran just from Iraq, and our aircraft carriers have tons of supplies and fuel on them, they were built to be floating fortresses and resupply depo's.

Lamest post so far in this thread.
Why don't you stop acting so annoying and stop insulting people? Seriously man, you're acting like a jerk.

CruddyLeper said:
OK. Should take me about 6 months to get it all listed. Of course Eyrei will lock it immedietely as a troll thread, even though it contains nothing but facts.

Eyrei doesn't like facts. Perhaps they block Eyrei's view of reality?

Moderator Action: 3 days. Eyrei.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

id like to take this opportunity to promote to everyone, the wonders of the ignore list!

some people, you just cant reach, so why try?

spare yourself the annoyance today! this could be your first BS-free day of many to come :thumbsup:

CruddyLeper said:
"Eretz Israel" = Biblical Israel. All the land between the great rivers (Nile-Euphrates).

What do you think the blue lines on the flag represent? Tank tracks leaving the Star of David wherever they pass?
Oh please!
Israel is not even caliming all land beteween the Nile and the Euprhates! Your paranoia is much similar to that of rabid anti-semites! (those evil jews won't stop untill they take over all arab land! and they'll eat our children and drink their blood!)

Israel is a tiny piece of land, and they're willing to give some of that up. The muslims otoh have huge pieces of land but are not that enthusiatic about accepting the pals.

PS: Is it just me or have avatars disapeared from CFC since yesterday?

Gabryel Karolin said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4378948.stm

I dont understand what hes hoping to ackomplish with such comments.

I still don't think we should invade Iran, but if we allow them to obtain nuclear weapons, we are going to have a gun to our head with this guy's finger on the trigger. I don't think any of us can live like that. Unfortunately, I don't think it is enough to just take this guy out. We need to prevent the development of nuclear arms.

luiz said:
Oh please!
Israel is not even caliming all land beteween the Nile and the Euprhates! Your paranoia is much similar to that of rabid anti-semites! (those evil jews won't stop untill they take over all arab land! and they'll eat our children and drink their blood!)

Israel is a tiny piece of land, and they're willing to give some of that up. The muslims otoh have huge pieces of land but are not that enthusiatic about accepting the pals.

Oh God, that's answering BS by BS. Brazilians have even bigger land, will you accept to give some of it to the Pals??

HannibalBarka said:
Oh God, that's answering BS by BS. Brazilians have even bigger land, will you accept to give some of it to the Pals??

With all due respect, you know damn well what the difference is, in this discussion, between nations like Jordan, Syria, and Egypt, and the nation of Brazil. You are moving off into deep left field with that one.

Top Bottom