Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Kibbutz is a hell of a lot less controversial than a Merkava though. Besides, late-game UUs are pretty bad anyway.

Kibbutz is a hell of a lot less controversial than a Merkava though. Besides, late-game UUs are pretty bad anyway.

I don't think so...

BTW, where's legui? He is the one making those mods...

I have and idea for Israel:
Leader: David
UA: may not purchase missionary( my spelling probably isn't right) or inquisitors. +1 faith from cattle, sheep and fish. Receive free social policy and free Shophet when founding a religion.
UU: Shophet: replaces great general. May not found citadels, but he can remove heresy three times OR start a golden age(removing heresy 3 times doesn't consume the unit; starting golden age does. Golden age length remains the same, may only appear in cities that follow your main religion).
UU: Navi: replaces great prophet. Can spread religion and remove heresy five times( not five times each).
Has vision bonus instead of vision penalty. Can be purchased only in cities that follow your main religion.

Anything that has to do with purchasing with faith is rather problematic, in case of the great prophet everybody will be able to purchase it.

I know this has not been very active, but within the plans I'd rather not change current Israel's design, making instead alternate leaders for them. So, when I make a different Israel civ it will have a different leader rather than David. Solomon is not valid for secret reasons. There's already some interesting ideas I'm not sharing yet :)

About Merkaba. They would be a good unit for a Modern Israel, but I'd rather not do that. I know Kibbutz are modern too, but they are more related to early modern israel before some of the current dubious circumstances. And I don't think I will change this posture for long, so please stop asking (or we risk more debates and closing threads)

Yup, that's part of the update...

And talking about Israel's update, just a heads up with their upcoming decisions:

Israel updated!

Israelite Civilization
  • Leader: King David
  • UA: Chosen People: +1 Culture on Pastures. Great Prophets grant a Combat bonus to adjacent units. Upon adopting Social Policies receive an amount of Faith.
  • UU: Maccabee: The Maccabee receives a bonus on flanking attacks, unlike the Swordsman which it replaces. Every kill made by the Maccabee yields Faith
  • UI: Kibbutz: Unlocked after the discovery of Economics. May only be built on farms and never adjacently to another Kibbutz increasing its Food yield, and granting +1 Faith and Culture.
    +2 Culture after the discovery
    of Radio
Please note, if you're having issues with the City-Banner, go to the "Incompatibility" folder inside the mod files and check there for details on how to fix that.

Israel Change Notes:
- The UA has been changed to make Israel stronger in the religious game.
- The culture from Kibbutz has been boosted to help with the new UA.
- Events and Decisions compatibility added
- Changed the Civilizations Mod name to help categorization
- Shortened the War Music slightly
- The Civ's symbol has been slightly changed to make it more different to Judaism
- The map has been changed to a great map made by JanBoruta

Events and Decisions:
Spoiler :

I have also temporarily removed the Extra Beliefs mod, as I want to do a deeper Belief mod adding Synagogues, Huacas and other things (The holy temple belief is also not so necessary with Israel's Temple decision)

Looking good! And I can't wait to see your reformed Extra Beliefs mod. Huacas could be pretty interesting...

Israel updated!

Israel Change Notes:
- The UA has been changed to make Israel stronger in the religious game.
- The culture from Kibbutz has been boosted to help with the new UA.
- Events and Decisions compatibility added
- Changed the Civilizations Mod name to help categorization
- Shortened the War Music slightly
- The Civ's symbol has been slightly changed to make it more different to Judaism
- The map has been changed to a great map made by JanBoruta

Events and Decisions:
Spoiler :

I have also temporarily removed the Extra Beliefs mod, as I want to do a deeper Belief mod adding Synagogues, Huacas and other things (The holy temple belief is also not so necessary with Israel's Temple decision)

Legui, you are Modding genius.
But what does the Macabee and the Kibbutz have to do with anything?!
I still think culture from pastures is wrong, but those events & decisions are great!:goodjob:

It's not David's Israel, it's Pan-Israel, remember :p

Yeah!
Anno domini won't have a kibbutz, right?:lol:
But it would have the Temple of Solomon - so the existing artwork has been replaced.

Anno Domini could also "steal" the Philistines...
Did that an update or two ago. As soon as Leugi published them, they were in.

Back to you, Leugi - again, top notch stuff!

I must agree that the Culture from Pastures part looks unnecesary, like it were tacked on without any relation with the rest of the UA. I have a similar feeling with the extra XP from battle with the Mapuche, but here it looks even more ill fitting.

Aside from that, the civ is great as usual of course.

Oh there is a relation. (aside from the will of representing early abrahamic tradition) The thing is, it's a situational boost to culture; the extra culture helps in getting Social Policies faster...

It is, still, situational, so sometimes it surely is unnecessary, but when you settle near Sheeps/Horses/Cows it surely helps actually getting the most of the attributes.

And about mapuche: It was the original idea :p , and the extra XP does help into getting more Great Generals (Toquis)

For some reason Israel doesn't seem to be working with Religion - Improved Customization anymore.

Which I doubt he'll do since he doesn't think there's anything wrong with his mod despite my attempts to tell him that it's having trouble with yours and JFD's and now Leugi's civilizations. He simply thinks I'm not loading it properly.

Legui, i have an event idea for israel: the gibeonites. The gibeonites. The gibeonites were people that tried to trick the Israelites into not killing them by signing an agreement with the Israelites. After Joshua discovered their trickery, he choose to let them live as workers of the Israelites. If you make this an event, you can give the player two options:

Killing them, which will give you faith and gold, but also a diplomatic penalty.
Recruiting them as workers, which will give you one worker and +1 food and production in all cities you have at the time of the event.

Top Bottom