Israel VS Palestine, who do you support?

Who do you support in the Israelite-Palestinian Conflict?

• Total voters
I'd like to see a one-state solution, where all Israelis and Palestinians live together in harmony. And to those who say it can never happen: women aren't supposed to vote, whites and blacks should not have equal rights, and the sun orbits the earth.

Yea, and all of those things took a hell of a long time to achieve, do you think Palestine/Israel has that much time to work with?

If the Palestinians remain intransigent and refuse territorial concessions to achieve peace and the Israeli's refuse to stop the settlements in the West Bank, you will have a one-state solution, Israel with a shrunken West Bank and Gaza being quasi-reservations inside a "Greater" Israel.(Not exactly much different from today)

Something has to give and the two sides refuse to give up anything they really value to achieve peace.

I would like a one state solution where Jews and Muslims have equal rights, if not, then their should be two states.

Yea, and all of those things took a hell of a long time to achieve, do you think Palestine/Israel has that much time to work with?

They've had at least 120 years, and Jews, Muslims and Christians have been living together on that land for around a millennium or so, give or take several centuries. Polls show a significant proportion of both Israelis and Palestinians favor a one-state solution anyway.

They've had at least 120 years, and Jews, Muslims and Christians have been living together on that land for around a millennium or so, give or take several centuries. Polls show a significant proportion of both Israelis and Palestinians favor a one-state solution anyway.

Come on, you are oversimplifying the situation. You are smoothing over the constant aliyah to Israel that has rendered the Palestinians a minority in there own country and the atrocities committed by both sides in the last century.

I'll ignore the polls for an obvious reason.

Come on, you are oversimplifying the situation. You are smoothing over the constant aliyah to Israel that has rendered the Palestinians a minority in there own country and the atrocities committed by both sides in the last century.

So? European peoples have killed and massacred each other for millennia and today there's a European Union.

So? European peoples have killed and massacred each other for millennia and today there's a European Union.

Thanks World War 2 and Cold War!

Look, I am not saying it is impossible that I wake up tomorrow or a year or even 10 years from now and find out that a harmonious one-state solution between the Jews and Palestinians has been achieved. I am saying it is historically very unlikely.

There should be some agreement on the creation of two states with boundaries that both countries can recognize. It was wrong of the U.N to partition the land after WW2 against those that lived there but its been 50 years and the Israeli State isn't going anywhere. The people in the middle east just need to accept that (Especially since the combined alliance of Arab nations wasn't strong enough to defeat Israel in keeping it from becoming an independent state in the late 40s).

http://english.themarker.com/after-palestine-1.328504

From Haartz - an interesting piece about what happens if Palestine is established

Israel must make every effort to incorporate an agreement with the Palestinians into a broad Middle East settlement.
By Yehezkel Dror

Analysis of the highest order on an agreement with the Palestinians, which necessarily will result in the establishment of the state "Palestine," requires an understanding that such a result will not amount to the "end" of the conflict with the Palestinians. And even less so, will it spell the end of the Arab-Israeli conflict - whose roots run much deeper than the Palestinian issue, however important. Therefore, it is necessary that alternative potential developments following the establishment of the Palestinian state be explored in advanced, and that the agreement be shaped, along with related steps, accordingly.

Top Bottom