Isramod - Israel as playable civ

OK, just to show that a christian is also reading the old testament :)

If there would be the leader Nehemiah
I would say the UU would be a worker with a better defensiv capabilities
(as it is written "They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon." Neh 4, 17)
and a faster finish of the work when in the cityarea because they worked a lot (as it is stated in the bible: "So we laboured in the work: and half of them held the spears from the rising of the morning till the stars appeared. Likewise at the same time said I unto the people, Let every one with his servant lodge within Jerusalem, that in the night they may be a guard to us, and labour on the day." Neh 4, 21 & 22,)

but as I think that there will be no Nehemia I would go for the sling-type.
I have no idea how good there tanks are, we have the leopard 2A5, which is awesome...
Or maybe the Mossad - but I must say - I never used spies so far.
The idea with the Missionary I would not agree - Judaism was never preached a lot to the unbelievers, which means that a type of "missionary" to spread the Tora to the people wouldn´t match the real situation.

David would be at least spiritual and maybe aggressive
Salomo would be a spiritual/financial type

Great idea for a mod, well done

How about Chassid as Israel's special unit?
They'd be really rubbish in combat, but they could dance around and sing a lot....
:)
sorry my little joke
Great idea for a mod, well done, great discussion too

I see Ariks hasn't been on the boards since Nov 05. Has anyone attempted to continue this project? If not, I may try to contact him and continue work on this.

Caen said:
I see Ariks hasn't been on the boards since Nov 05. Has anyone attempted to continue this project? If not, I may try to contact him and continue work on this.

Please do. It bugs me both the celts and hebrews were removed from C4. So I play the Arabs. :)

for a UU may i suggest what rhye used for his civ 3 mod, merkava or maccabee. both are excelllent choices

there should be 2 UU...a modern and ancient. This way it would go nicely with Masterlex's Green Mod.

Israel naturally made me think about the Philistines and wonder if anyone has ever done a Unique of their civilization...

Many records show they were quite advanced...and having Giants as a UU would sure be interesting...

Can you make the flag with the star of david? and the unique unit should be a macabee. replaces scordsman:ninja:

Cool beans, I don'T know If you care, this being page 6 and all, but I would like to say:"Kudos to you" finaly a mod which doesn't Make Isreal all unrealistic and unbalanced. (as in three atributes for leaders and ultra stron armored units). Although might I suggest having spirital and mabe organized as leader traits, considering as you know Isreal had many note worthy great people, but sadly nowhere nere the amount england or others had (partialy because It vanished for a good 2000 years)?

cheers though for a good mod, keep it comming

Sorry to bump such an old thread...

I think that the idea is pretty cool, Ariks said that he wanted someone to help him with the graphics, I am not the best but I have some talent and I offer my help although according to Caen, he hasn't been online lately, I think someone should try finishing this project. I would offer myself, but I am really bad in programming.....

I can't claim to have read through every single post, but I have read some of the comments, and think the following should be done:

Leaders: David and Golda Meir
Techs: ???

Unique Unit: I thought about this one, trying to think of something not too era-specific. I settled on a common Israeli theme: miraculous victories. I propose a "Divine Intervener" (Like a saint, yeshiva student, etc, depending on religion) That would not give any productivity to a city yet built, but would cause an army to not be able to capture a town for a certain amount of time, based on the % of population in the city and religious buildings, due to their "prayer". I know this ruins some anthropological aspects of the game by implying the existence of a G-d, but it is certainly the most appropriate.

Nono, Solomon is Industrious - built the Temple of Solomon, and Philosophical -got the wisdom to judge by God. Hizkiya would be a good leader too=P

ohhh, I have an idea - David's war heros - It is known that king David had a group of heroic soldiers who were his "Musketeers". They will fit well and they supported king Solomon too.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted it :goodjob:

Techs: They should start with monotheism, the problem is that to get there they must have polytheism and having civs with religion since the beginning of the game would make everything unbalanced and crappy.... So i'd say, starting with mysticism (nearest to religion) and hunting since abraham and those guys were all shepherds......

Leaders: King David/Moses/Itzjak Rabin
Either of the thre that you chose must be spiritual, David should be agressive, Moses should be Philosophical and Rabin Expansive

Who is going to do it? :(

UniverseZero said:
So i'd say, starting with mysticism (nearest to religion) and hunting since abraham and those guys were all shepherds......

Wouldn't that mean that they should start with animal husbandry instead of hunting?

David should be spiritual and aggressive for sure; spiritual because he wrote most of the Psalms and was "a man after God's own heart", and aggressive because of his military prowess and many victories against the Philistines. Solomon should probably be philosophical and industrious. I can understand arguing for financial for Solomon because of his vast wealth, but of course we already have Elizabeth who is Phi/Fin, and I would LOVE to play a Hebrew/Israeli civ (or any civ) that is Phi/Ind. What a combination that would be! Someone mentioned a "Divine Intervenor" as a UU - that sounds like a cool idea - sort of like the "prophet" unit in Empire Earth. Otherwise, a special worker unit that could defend itself (like in the Book of Nehemiah) would be good as well. Mysticism and Hunting? Definitely!

UniverseZero said:
Techs: They should start with monotheism, the problem is that to get there they must have polytheism and having civs with religion since the beginning of the game would make everything unbalanced and crappy.... So i'd say, starting with mysticism (nearest to religion) and hunting since abraham and those guys were all shepherds......

Leaders: King David/Moses/Itzjak Rabin
Either of the thre that you chose must be spiritual, David should be agressive, Moses should be Philosophical and Rabin Expansive

Who is going to do it? :(

well perhaps someone will pick up the glove in create it already :)
i would surely like to but i dont know how to create more things to the game.

Top Bottom