1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Isramod - Israel as playable civ

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Ariks, Nov 13, 2005.

1. EphraimCovenant

EphraimCovenant Chieftain

I was thinking that a good UU for a modernIsrael leader would be the Haganah, a souped up infantry with added defense.

2. neohyram

neohyram Chieftain

I like to play America just to conquer them and re name it the "51st State of America" Finaly they can start paying taxes for everything we give them W00T!

3. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

Woah you are crossing lines there neohyram.

Being an American Catholic myself, I am a HUUUUUGE fan of the Israeli state.

We need to unleash them on the Arab muslums that have persecuted them for centuries. Just absolutely unleash them. I plan on playing as them, as well. Great idea.

4. ranLR

ranLR Chieftain

Israeli UU should be Settlers with a defence/attack. It fits...

5. WrathRaptor

WrathRaptor Chieftain

I was thinking that maybe another good choice for a leader for Israel would be Golda Meir. Just a thought. And if it were me playing them as a civ, I think I'd prefer a more modern UU.

6. Dionysius

Dionysius Emperor

i am getting tired of seing this mod with no UU.
    heres one:
    Zealot
    [axeman, + guerilla1 and woodsman1]
    makes sense, as these fought off the romans
    during the jewish wars, and an axeman is a
    decent counter to a Praetorian.
    heres the file [is just unitinfos, replaces the one in units folder]:

Attached Files:

7. zwiefman

zwiefman Chieftain

intresting. but i never considered them a country. same with pakistan.
    but sounds cool. :crazyeye:

8. Canis Latrans

Canis Latrans Chieftain

Sorry to throw in so late on this, but it looks like the thread has been rezzed and reused a number of times... :D ...I'm what was described as an "armchair Israeli" (ie, I'm an American Jew that lived in Israel for 4 years so I identify with the place a great deal).. I've been pitching for an Israeli civ in other threads here before I found this.

The possibilities are endless for Israeli UUs. A "Sayyeret Commando" would be great, just put a skin on the US Navy Seal and give him an Uzi (even though Uzis really suck! :mischief: ). A Mossad agent would work too, primarily as an Assassin type. A mod for a Merkava tank would be -1 speed but a +2 defense. Or perhaps an IAF F-15.

Kibbutzim would be just a meld between Towns and Farms, a sort of hybrid that produces both hammers and bread (although I think the bread looks like 'toast' but I digress).

Leaders should be Solomon for Ancient and David ben-Gurion for Modern. But, I'm just one more opinion in a chorus...

9. King Daniel

King Daniel Chieftain

Hi everyone!
    I've said this at another forum already but I'm really looking forward to a modpack which adds Israel (Maybe possible to choose between for example King David and Olmert or Rabin (?!)). But also the surrounding states. I'd love to play with current state of Israel. I think, somehow, the game can become so realistic! I already love the person who makes this!! :goodjob:

10. King Daniel

King Daniel Chieftain

heheh looks to me Ariks has a lot of work to do! :| so many demands and wishes here :D

11. Taures

Taures Chieftain

I don't know how hard it is to add another leader but you should add Abraham since he founded it... Just an idea not makeing demands =D

12. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

It should definitly be a slinger. That was a common unit of the era.

It was said good slinger armies could aim for a blade of grass and hit it. And that's how David took down Goliath. They can fling those rocks over 90 MPH accurately. It was like an accurate fastball.

13. tlucky4life

tlucky4life Sachem

Someone should reskin the Peltast unit for Warlords. That would make a better looking unit for the Israelis.IMO

14. Regulas021

Regulas021 Chieftain

Looks excellent, however I would recommend a better version of the spy being Israel's special unit, seeing as Israels incredible military successes in the past have been thanks to intelligence. For example, having a spy invisible to enemy units and capable of infiltrating enemy cities would be able to report what techs they are working on, what units, or perhaps negating promotions of units in that city for a turn.

Just a thought, good luck.

15. Berserker8778

Berserker8778 Chieftain

What update is needed for this mod? It doesn't seem to be working in my game...:nuke:

16. Antinous

Antinous Chieftain

Finally, a new civilization for the Arabs, Egyptians, and Romans to whoop up on AND it is historically acurate. Honestly, I was kinda tired of making Jerusalem a barbarian city in all my Asia Minor Scenarios. Cheers!

P.S. No, I'm not a Jew basher. I just like historically accurate scenarios.

17. Cafegio

Cafegio Warlord

This was one of the first civs made when civ 4 came out.

18. Antinous

Antinous Chieftain

How so? I think I might be misunderstanding you. Is this civ already made?

Judaea is an important peice of history, especially if the game added religion to the mix. I wonder why Sid didn't have it added to the actuall game.

19. Antinous

Antinous Chieftain

Never mind, I found CIV Gold. Thanks, I would not have noticed it if you had not have replied. Cheers!

20. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

I just want to say thanks for making this Civ. I have included it into my current project (see sig for details). I really like the flag you made for this Civ (the medorah)