1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue: Game crashes at saved game.

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Justin Somnios, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Justin Somnios

Justin Somnios Chieftain

It seems that my game has an issue. The game will crash at this turn, without any explanation.

I have an idea of what's going on. Looks like there's a big war eminent, as I look into the log. All I want is to continue my game. If anyone can help me, I would be eternally grateful.

Log entry suspected
    Other Player Actions:

Masons Guild has spread: Trebizond (Byzantine Republic)
    Masons Guild has spread: Samsun (Commonwealth of Ottomans)

Wang Kon (Korea) declares war on Selassie I (Ethiopia)
    Hannibal (Carthage) declares war on Wang Kon (Korea)
    Tokugawa (Japan) declares war on Wang Kon (Korea)
    Atotoztli (Aztec) declares war on Wang Kon (Korea)

Log abruptly stops

Attached Files:

2. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Have you tried updating to v1066? I saw you were playing v1065. I tried your save and I was able to get through the turn with no problems. I didn't even recalculate.

3. Justin Somnios

Justin Somnios Chieftain

It should be at v1066; I updated it yesterday, recalculated, and saved over the last version. But, still the same thing.

Not sure why it says v1065. Could it be an issue with my computer? It's a Dell laptop with Windows 10.

Thanks for your help.

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I don't know about Windows 10. I used my laptop, which is Vista. My normal desktop is Windows 7. (I do get occasional outright computer crashes when playing, but that happens even when playing Colonization. I think it's all the things that I have and have not done with the desktop.)

Justin Somnios likes this.
  5. Justin Somnios

Justin Somnios Chieftain

I switched compabilitity mode to Windows 7 and bribed Wang Kon to declare war and...it worked!

A big thank you for giving me your time to help. Karma to you, my man!