1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue or bug with multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by Sjru, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Well hello there!

I often play MP with my friends but I have an issue that kills me and I don't know if it's a known bug or not, but sometimes when we play we can't move our units or change anything, like if the game is stuck there, static, but it doesn't crash nor the game freezes (Just everything is static, I can move the camera and stuff, but nothing else)
    It usually stays like that and I have to reload the game, but other times after a long time of everything being stuck it fixes itself.

I don't know if it's my net, or something of the game related, and if it can be fixed with a config edit?

Do anyone know if this is a known issue? Thanks

2. Godspark

Godspark Chieftain

Hi,
    I have read a few other posts about that issue.
    But what is the status of the different players, have some or all clicked next turn?
    Does the game freeze for all players, or just some?

3. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Try pressing escape.

4. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Or you can save the game and try to restart by getting all the players back inside the hosting session where you are about to launch.

5. marialuiza

marialuiza Chieftain

i liek plating 2 players games buy sometimes they can b e a little fussy too

6. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Well indeed, that's the only 'fix' that I could come up with, however is not permanent and the game might just 'hang' again.

Unfortunately that's not the fix.

It depends really, is not that the game is completely 'frozen', just that every action that you can make is not registered and the game stays 'as is'. (Like if it were a permanent infinite lag that doesn't allow anything to move or happen)

7. adyyc

adyyc Roman

I have the same Issue. Game freezing (also in single player too, but i can do reload there)