issue with download please help

Archaic

Chieftain
i am have a issue with the downloading and installation and have a time constraint(i will only have enternet access for 3 days)
i clicked the download and it brought me to sourceforge, from there i procedded to download it. once it was downloaded on my computer i started the installation, it finished and i thought i was done so i started up BtS tried to start up the mod it wasnt there, looked in under civilization/Bts/mods and it wasnt there. :confused:
i am unsure what to do and want to play this mod, can anyone help me
i also tried installing the patch and that didnt help either :confused:

What version of BTS do you have (Steam, CD's, etc), and Where (exactly) did you install the mod to?

i have i got the game from the disc not steam, and i installed to where ever the installer sent it.
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

i have i got the game from the disc not steam, and i installed to where ever the installer sent it.
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Okay, the path is correct. First thing, launch BTS, go to advanced -> About this build, and list your Civ version. It should be 319. If it is not, grab the latest patch from the CFC download database. (in-game patcher is broken).

Assuming you've got it patched, try to make a shortcut to launch the game with the mod. Create a shortcut on your desktop (rightclick->new->shortcut) and set the location to: (with the quotes)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn"

Double click and see if it plays.

this didnt work either, it is saying Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn is an invalid mod directory

does this game require RoM to already be on installed?

Just to ask a silly question - check whet is in the mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder. If it looks like a normal mod it will have a folder called Assets. If something went wrong in the installation it may have a folder called Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn. Move that folder down to the mods folder. This has been known o happen sometimes.

i got it working the installer was sending it to a strange place, might want to look into that.

love the game, even found my self bobing my head to the start screens music.

i got it working the installer was sending it to a strange place, might want to look into that.

love the game, even found my self bobing my head to the start screens music.

Glad you got it working. ;)

Archaic,
You say the installer was sending it to a strange place? Are you referring to the patch installer? I'm having probs running AND on my system and sounds like the ones you were having...

I've downloaded A New Dawn (AND) installed in into

Whenever I run the MOD through the advanced screen of BTS, it stops working and says windows is looking for a solution. I have Sid Meier's Civ4 "THE COMPLETE EDITION." Same problem with the other ROM mods I've downloaded and tried to run. I even tried to create a shortcut on my desktop to run BTS-AND straight from the icon. I've tried to turn off my UAC and tried to run as administrator with no luck. I have a Gateway M-7315u laptop with Vista. Can someone please offer some help.

And recently it said that the Mod is an invalid directory.

How did you fix this?

Thanks,

I finally got it to load the mod and it says ROM-A new dawn in the top right corner of the main screen. However, in Civilopedia, there are no changes and "a new dawn concepts" are missing...

I finally got it to load the mod and it says ROM-A new dawn in the top right corner of the main screen. However, in Civilopedia, there are no changes and "a new dawn concepts" are missing...

You likely have the folders off by 1.

Check, I expect it looks like :

"Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\..."

Which is wrong. It should look like this:

"Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\..."

C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

This is where the files are located. I've tried installing the patch into, C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. When I try to load ROM-AND it says the program stopped working and doesn't offer up any reasons why.

When I install the patch into C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn Then it will run without having A new dawn concepts in the civilopedia.

Prior to installing the patch, in the folder "C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" There are 4 folders (1. assets 2. docs 3. privatemaps 4. user settings) and a few other files. Should I install the patch into the assets folder? I'm a little confused which assets folder should be moved, the original one in the ROM-AND file or the one from the patch? Sorry and thanks for your help.

C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

This is where the files are located. I've tried installing the patch into, C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. When I try to load ROM-AND it says the program stopped working and doesn't offer up any reasons why.

When I install the patch into C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn Then it will run without having A new dawn concepts in the civilopedia.

Prior to installing the patch, in the folder "C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" There are 4 folders (1. assets 2. docs 3. privatemaps 4. user settings) and a few other files. Should I install the patch into the assets folder? I'm a little confused which assets folder should be moved, the original one in the ROM-AND file or the one from the patch? Sorry and thanks for your help.

I'm getting ahead of myself:

Operating System?
Civ4 BTS version? (how to find already in this thread)

If you're not BTS 3.19, you need to patch the game first. CFC Download Database has the patch.

If you are, try installing the patch to C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

Do not keep copies of the mods in your program files and USERS folder, pick one or the other. Both work.

I have Vista, and the version I have is Civ4 complete edition CD that comes with warlords,colonization, It does say BTS 317.

When I install the patch to C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ then I get the program failure.

When I install it into the C:\Users\Tyson\2k games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind-A new dawn folder, I get it to run without the civilopedia (new dawn concepts)

You must patch BTS to 3.19 before you can use this mod. As I said, check the download database here at CFC for the official firaxis patch.

Ha, ok I thought you were referring to the ROM patch. Got it all taken care of man, thanks so much.

Edit 2: [SOLVED]
The mods were installed under civ4 mods rather than under BTS mods...

Edit:
I've managed to run the mod only by putting it under the My documents mod folder - This is bad news for me since My Docs is on my system drive that has no room for games.

There should be some way to divert the game's default folder paths, any clue about what should I edit and where?

Hi people, I've got a new rig and was trying to install CIV4:BTS and it's mods.
I've got the same problem and was trying to solve it through the advice given on this thread.
Sadly it didn't work.

When I'm runing and2_checker.exe and then clicking on "Launch Civilization IV" I'm getting this line:

"Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn is an invalid mod directory. Ignoring"

Details:

i7 8700k
32GB RAM
Win7 Pro
Civ Version: Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete
BTS Version#: 3.19
Launcher rev: 1.23
Mod rev: 1068

Game installation folder:
H:\GAMES\Strategy\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\

Mod installation folder:
H:\GAMES\Strategy\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\

What should I do inorder to get the mod loaded?

Thanks!

Notice: I was trying to run the Ashes of Erebus through the AoELauncher.exe and have failed as well, a dialog box flashed before it's shutdown but was gone too fast for me to see or read what it was about.

Those two mods - RAND and AoE - are not being recognized through the ingame mod list menu.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom