1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues on 13" MPB with Iris Plus 650

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by KWagle, Nov 1, 2017.

1. KWagle

KWagle Chieftain

I just got a 2017 13" MBP, with Iris Plus 650 graphics. I was able to run Civ 6 on my 2015 MacBook, with a Core M and HD Graphics 5300. Both are running High Sierra (in theory both are running the latest public betas, but that's unclear.) Imagine my surprise when it wouldn't run on the new MBP. First, the game grumbles about an unknown graphics card. Then I see two issues:

1) When I load a saved game from the old machine, the tile improvements don't show up. This is also true with the tutorial. Found the first city, see nothing on the map. So I can't really play the saved game.

2) After removing the old see folder, I try to start a new game. Choose the options, pr just choose "play now" and I see the plain text "start game" and am dumped back to the main menu. So I can't start a new game and play that. But since the tutorial doesn't draw the cities, I don't think I could play a new game even if I got to start one.

Any ideas on how to fix either of these issues?

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It sounds like a mod issue more than like a system issue to me. Any mods installed (disabling might not be sufficient)?

3. KWagle

KWagle Chieftain

Thanks! I would never have thought of that. After unsubscribing and disabling the official ones, it works. I had only four mods so it shouldn't be hard to figure out which it is.