it just ain't right

pinkishkittny

Chieftain
There are some things that make me consider a game a failure even if I am top dog. Does anyone else feel like this?

Examples - I am a failure if:
- I have lots of desert and I don't get Petra
- I am Islam and I don't get Djenne
- I am France and I don't get Notre Dame
(there are others but you get the idea)

My game is a failure in domination victory if I don't have a capital by the atomic era. A game is a failure in diplomatic victory if another civilization keeps taking away my city state allies.

I had a few more fails..
- My spy got killed as he was about to steal a technology and had a killed in action.. how humiliating because spies take time to regenerate.
- A barbarian plunders my trade route..

^^The barbarians plundering trade routes is a pain in the butt.

I had one game where my cargo ships kept getting plundered. The camp ended up being right off the coast of the AI I was trading with. You'd think they'd take care of their own barbs and barb ships. But no--I had to. I had to make a massive navy.

So far as considering a game a failure--when I'm playing as England and there is not one single piece of iron on my continent.

Sorry for double-posting--but it's a failure when my capital is STARVING on turn 14 on epic speed.

How in the heck can it be starving that early?

I haven't even had a chance to build anything.

Did you get a free pop ruin or two? That can cause starvation quite early, particularly if you are surrounded by plains and hills.

^^^I did hit a ruin for a new citizen.

That was right after I popped a ruin for "pottery" with ONE turn to go researching it.

Talk about a waste of time.

Top Bottom