It this normal or correct ??

Red Dwarf Devil

Little Green Man
I was going to post it as a possible Bug but though I would put it here as I am not sure.

OK situation:
Had 3 Cities going to go into revolt and were preparing for war as they wanted to be American :crazyeye::crazyeye:
However one of these Cities was a one tile land space surrounded by water and then a few more land squares which would fall under the BFC.

The area they were in was quite secure (ish) in relation to other civ's, so on this one tile City I only had (1 archer & 1 long-bowman) which I though was more than enough at that stage.

When the cities went into revolt / war mode with Washington my troops were moved from the city to the nearest land tile and Washington was installed in my City with his units with nothing as a direct attack.

So what I am asking is, is this normal as the other City I managed to hold onto but now I need to get transport and an Army to get this City back.

Seems a bit strange as if this is normal you cannot every hold a City if there is no adjacent land tile

:hmm: that seems weird. I know it's possible for your defensive troops to defect to the rebels, but I doubt that would account for the behavior you describe. If you have a save game with this occuring we could post it for jdog and see if this is intended revolutions behavior. I'm really not sure either, but it doesn't sound right to me.

Ok Phunus,

Have checked in the saves and the only one I can find that might be of any help is the turn it actually happened on (see attached)

The City I was talking about is New Sarai which is located at the South East of my area, the troops were moved 2West and 1North onto the jungle square (2 longbowman and an archer)

I play-on as I got Washington to become my vassel (he had to many troops running around) and as you can see my Empire is spread out a bit with sea travel required between the land masses which made putting the revolt down difficult.

However I need to find out if this is normal as I like having a few 1 land tile City's as I think they are a good place to base troops, ships for later in the game and then be moved to were they are needed, but if they all get displaced it could allow an emeny a close base to give me problems

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1440.CivBeyondSwordSave
    443.8 KB · Views: 49
OK, will have a look and report it to jdog. He seems to be ignoring me though, so I don't know if I'll get a response, you might have better luck :dunno:

Top Bottom