Italian Empire

you took the wrong approach in desiging the civilization IMO. The italian civilization wasn't born in 1861 (which is only the date of political unity of the italian state) but way before, and its major achievements come also before this date, in particular from the Renaissance. Your UB, UU and leaders are all from the modern age, which has little to offer. For example, with all the UBs that you could come up with, the modern football stadium, which isn't even unique or originary from Italy, is really a poor choice IMO.
For the leader, I would say Lorenzo de'Medici. There's even his LH ready on this forum.
I think that Jimmy made a modern Italy, in fact. For me i'd like to have more than ONE unique Building... I prefer UNIQUES BUILDINGS, Unique for that civ. as I like UNIQUES UNITS! or different units artstyle. And for the leaders I think is better to have various choices.

Is anybody done making this modular?

MadmanOfALeader said:
Is anybody done making this modular?
I'll be back from vacation at the end of this week to make the modular.:)

Siam said:
Why doesn't Mussolini have Christianity as his favored religion?
Good question Siam. Mussolini would either have Christianity or None. Since his favorite civic is Police State, he was left with 'None' to be consistent with all other Police State leaders (all Police State leaders in CIV have 'None" as their fav. religion).

[QUOTE="<-_Danny_->";7000563]I want in the italian city list more cities. look in my signature.[/QUOTE] There are 40 cities, which has more than most civs. Adding more won't be a problem, but I think 40 is sufficient. Any particular cities I left out that you feel need to be added? (Please -no towns, villages, hamlets, or cottages:lol:)
onedreamer said:
you took the wrong approach in desiging the civilization IMO. The italian civilization wasn't born in 1861 (which is only the date of political unity of the italian state) but way before, and its major achievements come also before this date, in particular from the Renaissance. Your UB, UU and leaders are all from the modern age, which has little to offer. For example, with all the UBs that you could come up with, the modern football stadium, which isn't even unique or originary from Italy, is really a poor choice IMO.
For the leader, I would say Lorenzo de'Medici. There's even his LH ready on this forum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Roman_Empire
I'm sorry you feel this civ has little to offer, especially since the UU, UB & leaders are from the Modern age... However, this is no different than numerous civs already in the game (take America for example - Navy Seals, Malls, leaders are modern as well). Madman addressed the UB very well, and again, I am yet to hear of a better UB. How about some suggestions instead of strict criticism? BTW, the ony Lorenzo de'Medici I found here in CFC is for CIV III.

This civ was created basically for me because it helped complete WWII senarios that I liked to play. After playing with it, I decided to post it here for downloading and sharing. After that, Ekmek magnificently created 3-D leaderheads, which were immediately inculded.

Isabella has Police State as her favorite Civic and Christianity as her favorite religion.

As you asked for more cities... I think you're missing a couple, like L'Aquila, Lucca, Udine, Potenza, Reggio Calabria, Campobasso, Bolzano...

Well, Stock Exchanges aren't really unique to England, nor are malls to America, or research institutes to Russia.

Italians are just big soccer nuts.

I said unique or originary. Stock Exchanges and Malls are originary from those countries...

I'll be back from vacation at the end of this week to make the modular.:)

Good question Siam. Mussolini would either have Christianity or None. Since his favorite civic is Police State, he was left with 'None' to be consistent with all other Police State leaders (all Police State leaders in CIV have 'None" as their fav. religion).
Wouldn't it just add diversity to have a police state Christian?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Roman_Empire
I'm sorry you feel this civ has little to offer, especially since the UU, UB & leaders are from the Modern age... However, this is no different than numerous civs already in the game (take America for example - Navy Seals, Malls, leaders are modern as well).

What I meant to say is that the most significant age for Italy has been the Renaissance, and that you should have looked at it for some ideas on UU, UB and Leaders, but none of these is from that period. I don't see how you can compare to America, which didn't even exist in the Renaissance, so it obviously has industrial age or later stuff.
The fascist period has been all but a glorious one, they are actually black pages in the History book of Italy.

Madman addressed the UB very well

depends on your definition of "addressing".

and again, I am yet to hear of a better UB. How about some suggestions instead of strict criticism?

how about you'd ask things a bit more politely instead of getting all set up for some rightful criticism ? I did point out what I think is wrong and gave suggestions when was asked.

BTW, the ony Lorenzo de'Medici I found here in CFC is for CIV III.

Ah, well... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=253785&highlight=Lorenzo+Medici

This civ was created basically for me because it helped complete WWII senarios that I liked to play. After playing with it, I decided to post it here for downloading and sharing. After that, Ekmek magnificently created 3-D leaderheads, which were immediately inculded.

As long as it's only for you none will say anything, but when you share something on a public forum you should expect comments, congratulations as well as disagreement and criticism...

I've got suggestions for Select-Order sounds...

Select:

000-"As you wish"
"Come Lei lo vuole."

001-"Move Out"
"Andiamo!"

002-"Certainly"
"Certamente"

003-"We're on it"
"Ci pensiamo noi.

004-"No Problem"
"Non c'è problema."

005-"Consider it Done"
"Consideralo fatto."

006-"Very Well"
"Molto bene!"

007-"On our way"
"Incamminiamoci!"

008-"Get moving"
"Cominciamo a diamoci da fare!"

009-"You can count on us"
"Può contare su noi."

Order:

000-"Reporting for duty"
"Presentandosi a rapporto!"

001-"At your service"
"Al Suo servizio."

002-"Tell me what to do"
"Dimmi che cosa fare."

003-"Awaiting your orders"
"Aspetto i suoi ordine."

004-"Ready for action"
"Pronto per l'azione"

005-"What's the plan"
"Quale è il suo piano?"

006-"Yes"
"Si?"

007-"Your orders"
"I Suoi Ordine?"

008-"What do you need"
"Di cui Lei ha bisogno?"

009-"All present and accounted for"
"Tutti presenti sani e salvi."

How'd I do? (I'm a native Spanish speaker but I've learned lots of Italian.)

I've got suggestions for Select-Order sounds...

Select:

000-"As you wish"
"Come Lei ... vuole."

001-"Move Out"
"Andiamo!"

002-"Certainly"
"Certamente"

003-"We're on it"
"Ci pensiamo noi.

004-"No Problem"
"Non c'è problema."

005-"Consider it Done"
"Consideralo fatto."

006-"Very Well"
"Molto bene!"

007-"On our way"
"Incamminiamoci!"

008-"Get moving"
"Cominciamo a darci da fare!"

009-"You can count on us"
"Può contare su noi." more used: può contare su di noi

Order:

000-"Reporting for duty"
"Presentandosi a rapporto!" Ci presentiamo a rappoto!

001-"At your service"
"Al Suo servizio."

002-"Tell me what to do"
"Dimmi che cosa fare."

003-"Awaiting your orders"
"Aspetto i suoi ordini."

004-"Ready for action"
"Pronto per l'azione"

005-"What's the plan"
"Quale è il suo piano?"

006-"Yes"
"Si?"

007-"Your orders"
"I Suoi Ordini?"

008-"What do you need"
"Di cosa ha bisogno?"

009-"All present and accounted for"
"Tutti presenti sani e salvi."

How'd I do? (I'm a native Spanish speaker but I've learned lots of Italian.)
Your italian is very good (i'd like to speak spanish as You italian) anyway i have allowed myself to correct the little errors (in red) ;). it faults in the game orders in italian :)

Ok (now "ok" is used as well in italian too :D) Italiani, chi di noi registra queste frasi in mp3?
Well Italians, who of us will record these phrases in mp3?

Well, mostly it was with the help of http://www.wordreference.com and the Spanish and Portuguese unit sounds from Firaxis.

I'm glad you like my Italian, though.

thanks in order to have created the Italian empire, finally someone to realiazzato my country, and as only unit went also the carabinieri and Mussolini well is a dumb one has put because it?

Just realized that I posted the following only in the Football Stadium thread:

"Made Football Stadium available to all civs, with RADIO as a tech requirement.
For UB preference, the flagless version is included.
This is per numerous requests to "industrialize" the stadium. Originally the PreReqTech was CONSTRUCTION and this allowed the Football Stadium to appear way Way WAY before it's time."

In other words, I hope you can see what to do in order to make the UB appear after researching Radio.
I understand that with an Industrial Era start, rightfully so with an Industrial Era Civ, you don't get to build the UB.

My mistake. My apologies.:)

Top Bottom