Italy 110x135

GRM7584

King
Since I didn't get any feedback yet from the Renaissance Italy thread, I'll go ahead and post this here; it does not have resources or start locations, but does have all terrain and rivers. It is a 'vertical' Italy, with the "heel" near the bottom, parallel with Sicily. It expands "west" to the SW tip of Sardinia, and expands "east" to include the edge of Croatia, Bosnia, etc., the coast of which is roughly vertical.
The map size is 110x135, and no programs were used (aside from an early mishap with maptweaker in an attempt to salvage an earlier attempt at the map...I eventually had to start from scratch, though). Forests and rivers are likely the most innaccurate. Feedback welcome.

Attachments

• ItalyMap.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 875
And, a screenshot of the minimap.

Attachments

• ItalyMinimap.JPG
    ItalyMinimap.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,485
Actually its just about right; most of the capitals for the city-states have just enough room for 2 tiles between them. Pisa and Lucca, for instance, or Firenze and Siena. When all is said and done, each city state will still only have 3-4 cities a piece, with some notable exceptions (Naples, for instance)

GRM7584 said:
Actually its just about right; most of the capitals for the city-states have just enough room for 2 tiles between them. Pisa and Lucca, for instance, or Firenze and Siena. When all is said and done, each city state will still only have 3-4 cities a piece, with some notable exceptions (Naples, for instance)
The only problem being (for a Renassaince and Pre-Renaissance scen) is there is no room for some Fredrick Barbarossa to come Pope bashing! Otherwise I find this map quite cool, if a little unusual. Ho-hum, that's the way it comes.

Top Bottom