1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Italy?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by aprogressivist, Aug 15, 2009.

1. aprogressivist

aprogressivist Chieftain

Hi everyone. Newbie first post!

So I was playing my second proper (and first full) game of Rhye's and Fall as Rome (got the Historic win! Yay!). Anyway, I continued playing until after the victory, reached the 18th century and was powering through as the world's only real superpower when, being still unused to the Stability factor, I suffered a collapse, losing all my extended empire except for Rome and one city in northern Egypt (it was probably the expansion into Chile that put me in the red. Oops/)

Anyway, this brought me to thinking, "Now would be a really cool time for a Greek resurgence and for a new Italian power to pop up."

So I guess my question to the modding community is, how hard would that be to write? I'm very unfamiliar with the modding, but basically what I would like to create is one that checks to see if Rome has collapsed, and if it has, create a new Italian nation and possibly let the Greeks resurge if they were conquered -- or perhaps Byzantines instead.

Any suggestions? Where should I start?

2. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

Welcome!

That's an interesting suggestion, and the Greek part is certainly feasible. There are functions for civ collapse and resurrection that you could modify to do this. Specifically, you would add to the collapse function a test: IF Rome is the civ that collapsed, and IF Greece is now independent, THEN resurrect Greece. The second part of that test would be most difficult to figure out; I'm sure you can use part of Rhye's resurrect code to check whether Greece satisfied the independent cities criterion.

The Italian suggestion doesn't seem feasible, for the same reason that RFC doesn't have colonies: there is a 32-civ limit in the DLL, and that change would require the addition of a new civ.

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

It's possible to remove it. See Earth34's.

I don't think that adding colonies is a good idea, though.