1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Itchy Again

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Fluphen Azine, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

When GS first came out I burned out on Civ once again.
    Recently I updated my game and played a few starts up to turn 75-100.
    It seems the game has changed like it usually does which is fine.
    How fast can the AI win on Deity Standard/Standard these days?? (Pre Turn 300?)

Anyways, just wanted to say hello to all of you once again.
    If you don't know my play style I usually just build an Army and Warmonger asap.
    I am guessing Magnus is still the best Governor to take first?
    What are your Deity Strategies or how do you enjoy playing Deity if you do?

Haig likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yep. AI puts up more of a fight, do not be surprise to beattacking your first neighbour when xbows suddenly appear in their hands and you are mown down.
    never agreed with that personally.

Fluphen Azine likes this.
  3. GKShaman

GKShaman Prince

I find the early archer rush doesnt work so easily on Deity. A beelined Knight rush though can be devastating. If you are india you can even do it 20 turns earlier with Varus and Chandy.

4. Fluphen Azine

@Victoria
    I know you like to take other Governors first and I tend to fall into that trap as well.
    I read a rebuttal that showed Magnus is always best and they showed how those chops are always superior for optimal games.
    Not that I can do it like they can but they made me a believer with math and stuff :)
    Perhaps it depends on the situation and map but I sense that Magnus is still on top.
    If this is wrong... which Governor is best to take first??

I thought the idea wasn't so much to rush with archers but to kill army gaining promotions.
    If one doesn't take the cities one should pillage as much as possible??

I think my main problem at the moment is resources.
    On Standard Maps and Standard Settings I don't seem to have a bunch of Iron/Horses and such.
    I know I am usually doing it wrong but it is fun to talk about.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  5. Victoria

I am not saying do not take Magnus, I am just saying I normally do not chop until I have 2 Governor promotions so provision, Pingala, Amani whatever, my first does not have to be Magnus.
    If you take Magnus first and do not chop until you have 2-3 Governor promotions then you should shoot yourself IMO unless provision is your second promotion. Even then is provision better than Pin? And do people truly appreciate the sale value of dip points.

6. GKShaman

GKShaman Prince

Some days when I dont have a ton of self settling land and I know i will war - I may take pingala or liang to get the tile eco or science lead. Then go to war.

Fluphen Azine and Victoria like this.
  7. Fluphen Azine

lol... shoot yourself... Trust me I am always doing it wrong anyway.
    Did they get rid of faith harvesting altogether or what is the new way to gain a ton of faith early?

8. Victoria

The new harvest is Religious Settlement, a free settler. Nowhere near as strong but normally stronger than most others.
    No simple way to harvest faith apart from pillaging which is a great way to and Norway is seriously buffed with regard to pillaging.

9. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

I think you will find the game is much more rigid and puzzle like. With cav units not working vs. walls, ZOC's will slow things down and there may be some doubt as the viability of a war rush on deity. Allot more clicks as well. I must say the changes have converted me to something of a peacemonger.

10. Victoria

While I now seem to be veering the other way because it is not a walk in the park... not intending to say that is why you have changed, you do not like the clicks.

11. Fluphen Azine

Thanks!
    @BarbarianHunter
    @Victoria
    @GKShaman

As usual I play Pangaea or Continents so I feel like I have to Warmonger.
    Plus I just like that style and always have.
    I played up to Turn 175 last game on a Stand/Stand Random Pangaea Map.
    I rolled Korea so you know there is that.
    Seemed like the AI had no troops and is still running around with Catapults against Tanks and such.
    Still Fun for me though till it wasn't.
    On to the next game.

I will check YouTube to see if you are posting some current Lets Plays @BarbarianHunter but you usually play Huge Epic Maps and such :)

Not sure how you PeaceMongers deal with Barbs.
    Seems like Spawn Busting is back and I always feel safer with an Army from the get go.

Where is @kb27787 ... he always plays a PeaceMonger Culture Victory!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  12. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

True. Warmongering is hard on the hand. Many less clicks for a peaceful victory.

13. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Warlord

My first choice for governor is usually 2 Pingala promotions (the culture one from the second level) to get to Political Philosophy faster.

Magnus only when I go for an early wonder. I used to take provision on magnus a lot more than I do now