Ithobaal I's Phoenician Civilization

Hi, I tried downloading the mod, but it's showing up only as v3. Is v4 somewhere else? Right now, Phoenicia is loading but it has no UU or UB.

I also have missing dependencies when trying to load the mod. Is there an up to date link with the latest version? Thanks

You mean (4b)? I had all the components enabled, but the UU and UB are still not showing up, and the mod version says it's v3, even though I downloaded straight from the link in the first page

I reinstalled v3 and that seemed to work; however the free trade route from expending the merchant prince does not seem to work. Im getting the extra paper just fine though. I also had to manually delete the dependencies in the mod file since it was referring to the old components that were merged.

I did a reupload of v4 yesterday. Did that not work?
Ah I think I redownloaded it just before you updated it back to v4. I tried it out, and the extra trade routes are getting added again, but I think I found a bug. Whenever I capture a non-Capital city I'm unable to end my turn since it's telling me to choose the captured city's fate, even though it's been released as a CS already. Any way to skip that prompt?

Quick question

Is the resting influence of 75 for Phoenicia for the Unique City States mod supposed to be an alliance condition?

I see that the initial Unique City States mod post says 70 was the alliance point, but the most recent version seems to have 80 as the alliance point.

Fun Civ. Thanks for the efforts!

Train Station is unavaliable for Phoenicia by design. So if your start wasn't coastal, there's no Seaport for you as well.
This means no 3% production bonus from Division of Labor policy and no 100% boost to construction (boost is pretty negligible since you'll build just a single one anyway).

Train station is mutually exclusive with seaport anyways

if you are a coastal start with phoenicia you should always build seaport and not train station, even if you could

Last edited:
I conquered Casablanca from Marocco, but can't finish the turn because "Choose city fate" isn't doing anything:

1660585774509.png

1660585852316.png

I'm also having the same bug as Roche14. There are no problems if you conquer an enemy capital, but taking any other city results in this

but different when buying or liberating a conquered city. (at least with city states)
I bought all city states from Venice and all was working well.
Also I liberated a conquered city state, a few times, and that worked as expected too.

Last edited:
I am very happy to announce that Phoenicia is now fully functional.

Cities now rebel after your turn is completed, but before the city state turns. This fixes the issue with city captures preventing you from hitting next turn. This also resolves the issue that caused your build queue to disappear after capturing a city.

Now, 31 months after first posting this civ, I am happy to announce that it actually works! 🎉🎉🥳

quick update. Phoenicia should now be playable without 4UC. I forgot to update the mod options, which were pigg-backing off some options enabled by 4UC, but also need to be turned on if Phoenicia is being used by itself.

Top Bottom