ITNES Ib Development Thread

das

Regeneration In Process
It is Wednesday - time to post this thread, the primary objective of which is, ofcourse, giving me something of a better excuse for my continued procrastination in the matter of reviving ITNES I.

Now, before you mob me angrily, I must mention that there are other, less important objectives - for instance, confirming that I WILL restart ITNES I sometime in late October/early November 2006 AD. And listing the things that I plan to do before then in connection to the resurrection (in no particular order): Read up on ITNES I again, revive the ITNES I History Thread, write an IT III summary update, write a BT III update, draw the post-BT III map, do a general rules revision, write up the stats and write a polar bear story. Then we could begin, I suppose; my schedule isn't quite as bad as I had feared, in a few weeks I'll adapt sufficiently to mod a weekly-updated NES.

Another function of this thread is the development of this NES; now, ofcourse I'll develop it by myself, but any contributions you could make would be appreciated. In particular, I intend to do a general rule revision; probably nothing VERY radical, but there shall be some serious changes, on the exact nature of which I am still pondering. In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if you were to post your suggestions and grievances here; I will take them into consideration, but cannot promise anything beyond that, still, know that it would be very helpful. I'll probably also post my ideas here, up for popular review - constructive criticism will also be taken into consideration, as will your blind, fanatical faith in the inherent goodness of my decisions. ;)

For the ruleset, I intend to mix the ITNES I ruleset, NES2 VIb ruleset, some modifications made on the basis of the NES2 VIb rulest, some stuff stolen from fellow moderators (including NK) and some new ideas of my own.

And, ofcourse, this will be thread where I will post development information and you will ask silly questions that I will probably laugh off or answer with cryptic prophecies (this may or may not apply for the more sensible questions some of you might post; but what have you to lose?).

Oh, and any ideas on whether I should call it "ITNES Ib" or "ITNES II" or someting else?

das said:
Now, before you mob me angrily, I must mention that there are other, less important objectives - for instance, confirming that I WILL restart ITNES I sometime in late October/early November 2006 AD.
You WILL.
Oh, and any ideas on whether I should call it "ITNES Ib" or "ITNES II" or someting else?
"ITNES I cont."

You WILL.

I WILL (what an exciting exchange of opinions ;) ).

"ITNES I cont."

Great minds think alike, I considered calling it "ITNES I, ctd."

Just call it ITNES I. There is no need to designate it as a "succession" since that's inherently obvious. Since there's no problem with using the same topic titles over and over again, use the exact same title, preferably.

Also, I'd maintain that the NES2 V/VI era EL system (each level giving different EP) is far, far and away superior to the original ITNES system, where every EL gave the same amount. The mechanics of that were simply ******ed; there was no point at all in growing economy, ever. In fact, the only economic strategy of note was just gaining ECs and sacrificing ELs for extra EP, because since ECs automatically gave returns every two turns, they would continue to boost your economy as long as you had five or more, even if you sacrificed two ELs every turn forever. It was, in a word, broken.

NES2 V/VI's EL system, for all its flaws, is just better in pretty much every regard.

Aye, under the old ITNES system each Economy centre effectively gave 3 EP a turn.

Just call it ITNES - IT IV (or "ITNES goes forth" ;)).

Btw I have a question about the old ITNES - who lives in madagascar? Considering the OTL Austronesians arrived in 200AD, is it solely indian colonists?

I do plan to follow the NES2 VI economic system, though it also has some flaws that I plan to alleviate, at the least.

Madagascar, as of the end of IT III, is chiefly populated by Sinhalese and Kalingan colonists; what it will be by the end of BT III is not yet clear...

I do plan to follow the NES2 VI economic system, though it also has some flaws that I plan to alleviate, at the least.

The bazzilions of EC perhaps?

Possibly that too, actually...

I propose as the number of eco centers you own, once you pass 10. The first ten give you 1 point per eco center, while the next 10 give you 1 point per 2 eco centers, and so on. So if you had 16 eco centers, you would get 13 points.

I was thinking more about changing their nature. ;)

Hmph, you don't yet know what I have in mind for it. ;)

I make it known that I still want my beutiful Punic Empire of Carthage.

das said:

alien invasion!!1!!!11!!1!

das said:
oh btw das, if you take it to the gunpowder age, I WILL kill you.

Which God? They have many.

EDIT: Okay, that was rather off-topic; to make amends, here are some ideas:
- Change the story bonus system; go back to normal random events, but possibly still reward stories in some way (not sure yet, maybe I'll just do story bonuses as usual, but call them "story bonuses", and probably also add "late orders maluses" or something; but, in addition to that, I probably will also have really random events. Not sure yet, so ideas would be appreciated).
- Change eco. center system (not sure how), or maybe even remove it altogether. On the latter - I am considering that perhaps it would be better to just have farmlands (like in Jason's NESes, if anybody here remembers what exactly I am talking about), and the trade centers marked, but not giving income by themselves; instead there would be a separate Trade stat, which will depend on the presence/absence of pirates and blockades, the state of the trade centers, the diplomatic relations, the trade agreements and so forth (thus recognizing the fact that trade is very fluid, that it is (to a certain extent only, ofcourse) separate from the rest of the economy, and rarely contained to just a few centers, though it is often concentrated in them).
- Rework the military yet again (not sure how; however, I do increasingly feel that the training stat is somewhat more trouble than it is worth; it rarely takes so much money to drill people, so maybe I'll just make it rise automatically from combat, military leadership, projects and "other orders" (you know, like introducing some brand new training techniques and stuff)).
- Possibly put the most major roads on the map, due to their strategic importance.
- Rework the culture (it will probably be something like NK's latest system, but not exactly...).

Note - these are merely raw ideas.

Top Bottom