It's a funny old game

Who won't win a game in this years World Cup?

• Tunisia

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Saudi Arabia

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Senegal

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Ecuador

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • South Korea

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

deepfreeze

Chieftain
Hi everyone, as this is off-topic of Civilisation games, though they are marvellus games, does anyone know how to turn off the option on Championship Manager 00/01 that stops Saudis from joining your club. I have spotted this Ibrahim Shahrani guy or something who was scored about 20 goals and the scout says i should sign him, but every time I do it says 'Saudi Arabian players are not allowed to play in other countries.' Help me sign him.

Anyway, who do you reckon realistically is going to win the World Cup??

I don't think you can buy Saudi Arabian players...

From your poll, I would probably vote for Ecuador to not win a game...

IRL Saudi players aren't allowed to sign for foreign clubs (apparently the Saudi king personally made an exception for the Saudi player at Wolverhampton).

AFAIK this is coded into CM as a rule (Nationality = Saudi Arabian means "not allowed to move abroad"). The editor supplied with the game can only edit database entries. Thus there is no way that I know of to turn off that particular realistic feature. The obvious cheat on the other hand would be to edit the nationality of the player...

I don't know why you're that concerned about this Saudi Arabian player. I used to do that (my favourite scouting source was the Argentinian U17 team :)) but often you'd find that the players were just useless in proper competitions. I'd probably score a hatful in the Faeroe Islands league but I'd be outpaced by Tony Adams and left wheezing in the middle of the pitch while the other players trotted off for half-time.
I think I had 98/99 or something (it was on my brother's PC) but I'd definitely recommend buying Roman Riquelme from the Argentinians. He's just made a big money move to Europe but in the older games he's not recognised as expensive as he would be in the latest CM. He's still as good though and ideal for that Premiership promotion chasing! :goodjob:

Originally posted by deepfreeze
Hi everyone, as this is off-topic of Civilisation games, though they are marvellus games, does anyone know how to turn off the option on Championship Manager 00/01 that stops Saudis from joining your club. I have spotted this Ibrahim Shahrani guy or something who was scored about 20 goals and the scout says i should sign him, but every time I do it says 'Saudi Arabian players are not allowed to play in other countries.' Help me sign him.

Anyway, who do you reckon realistically is going to win the World Cup??

none of them will win a single game, and about CM 01/02: don't forget to buy Rafael van der Vaart of Ajax. He'll develop very good (as do Yakubu and Chivu). And you can't buy Saudi players. They're not allowed to leave in real life either.

Altough I have very little knowledge about the Saudi team, I chose Equador.

Originally posted by willemvanoranje

none of them will win a single game, and about CM 01/02: don't forget to buy Rafael van der Vaart of Ajax. He'll develop very good (as do Yakubu and Chivu). And you can't buy Saudi players. They're not allowed to leave in real life either.

If you want a real challenge you should be managing a team like Cheltenham and then you have to be much more careful to find a bargain or two...

:lol: I'm still in my third game.....season 2006/2007 as coach of Ajax. I'll continue 'till I win that damn Championsleague. It's always those evil Lazio or Roma people :mad: Van der Vaart plays at Manchester now :( (he left in season 2003/2004 for 30 million)

I'm in my secoind season as arsenal, my team is playing really crap and i've been knocked out all the cup competetions.
And I shelled out 40 million on veron as well:cry:

didn´t ecuador come second in the south american qualifications?

i would say usa won´t take a single point.

There is a championship manager thread in the other games forum if you want to tlak about CM some more...

I hope belgium wont win a match.

They suck ass and they are a boring team, they got me bored to death in Euro2k.

I hope they finish last :rolleyes:

Having seen Tunisia's performance in the African Cup of Nations I'm tempted to vote for them. Senegal did very well there as did Equador in the South American qualification round.
South Korea has the advantage of playing at home, they will win at least once I think.
So I'll vote for Tunesia, they didn't even score a goal in the African Cup!

Is anyone tempted to vote for the Republic of Ireland following this week's excitement?
I really really want the Irish to do really well in the World Cup now that Keane has had a hissy fit and skulked off to wallow in all his cash at "I once stamped on someone's head and am still playing hahahahahaha" Mansions. It would be poetic justice if they could stick at least a quarter final place up the moody get's er.. chimney. :D
Go Ireland!

PS - If the FAI decide to allow the dirty sod back into the squad then all the above is null and void.

Top Bottom