It's discount time

Cute.

All the singers park in the cheep parking.

Not really related but it remind me of two things:

a) Some store tried to stop doing sales and instead decreased prices on everything. It didn't really work.
b) Some European countries have their fines dependent on income instead of a flat fee.

You mean like this?

It's a funny world where "let's scrap OAP subsidies and let them fend for themselves" is considered being on the left.

Do you know how long have senior discounts been around? Could they be from an earlier time when things were different, and just never revisited?

For senior housing areas, I assume that's because of noise levels?

Also theres usually a resident caretaker who checks that the residents are ok and the houses may be adapted to make life easier for the elderly.

Income-based discounts aren't taken up by everyone entitled to them because of stigma.

You mean like this?

No not that. I was able to find it though.

In 2012, JC Penney tried doing away with sales and instead instated "fair and square" pricing. It didn't work out.

I was just joking remembering those stupid rollback ads like hey check our everyday low prices! Walmart still has sales too though. I find Kohl's to be the most ridiculous. Nothing is ever regular price and Kohl's and they always have monthly % off your entire purchase coupons. But then on your receipt it says guess what you saved 99% today! cus they base it off the original retail prices that nobody pays. In reality you might save like 10-20%. Still nice clothing for cheap but it's a marketing trick that everything is always on sale.

Also kind of funny, those My Pillow ads that used to always show a sale where it was 2 for $49 or whatever, well they got hit by the fcc or whomever regulates that stuff for advertising a sale on their pillows when it was actually always that price. The deal was the regular price. So they had to change their ad.

Everything I get from Walmart seems to break, so I've stopped going there. :lol:

Top Bottom