1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

It's impossible to cancel an order to a ship in "Europe status" screen

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by Pep, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Pep

Pep King

I don't know if this is a bug or it is intended, buy once you give a ship the order to "return to the new world" you can't change your mind thereafter. Maybe it could be a realistic feature if the vessel is in high seas (well, in the XVI century satellite phones didn't exist :lol: ) BUT I think you should be able to cancel an order in the same turn you gave it (you can think of it as a verbal command while the ship is near the docks leaving the port).

I remember that in Colonization I it was possible to cancel a ship to a vessel, even on high seas. I think in Col 2 you should be able to do the same at least on the same turn you gave the order...

2. MadMaligor

MadMaligor Chieftain

There were a couple of changes that removed short cuts, this being one of them. The whole units have to finish moves to join colonies thing is another example I can think of off hand.

I actually prefer the realism but I too have /facepalmed myself after giving the order to sail away.

I just think of Homer Simpson and give the old....
    DOH!!

3. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Warlord

I've done the same thing and I wish you could catch your mistake before leaving the Europe screen. Such a pain! And it used to warn you if you tried to send off a ship while there were people on the dock.

4. City Builder

City Builder Complicated Complication

I've often wondered about this myself, it feels as if they just forgot to include this as it's a natural to have this sort of "return to dock" if I issue it before leaving the europe screen. Feels half done in this respect.