1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

It's not an achievement but should be.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Primacide, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Primacide

Primacide Settler

This is a thread for what isn't an achievement but really should be.

Out of shear frustration:

#1.) "Hold the spice, please." Play as Indonesia and do not settle any cities on another continent.

and a close second:

#2.) "Shaka Who-loo?" Declare war on Shaka the same turn you meet his forward-settling psychopathic little self.

2. GoStu

GoStu Chieftain

1) Elite Force: have your starting Warrior survive until the end of the game and obtain every possible Promotion.

2) Wolfpack: playing as any Civilization, sink 10 units with Submarines in 3 turns or less.

3) It is Better to be Feared than Loved: have every single AI either "Guarded" or "Afraid", with no less than half the other civilizations being "Afraid".

3. Primacide

Primacide Settler

Ha! Those are great. I like the idea of my warrior surviving til the end. I always lose track of that guy.

How bout:

"The wasteland" Raze every city you conquer except the capital.

And

"Not yo turn" Have an opponent get an ancient ruin with your unit one tile away.

4. Justini12

Justini12 Chieftain

"Loved by all": Win a diplomatic victory with at least 75% of living civs voting for you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

5. RatesAnalyst

RatesAnalyst Chieftain

The "Hokey Pokey": Capture, Lose and Recapture the same city in three consecutive turns....

6. Rooftrellen

Rooftrellen Chieftain

Juggernaut - On a huge map with 12 civs, capture every capital from it's original owner on the same turn.

Death and Taxes - Be in so much debt that a unit disbands.

Louisiana Purchase - As America, buy Orleans from France and rename it New Orleans.

Sambadrome - As Brazil, have 7 great works of music in Rio de Janeiro.

The Last Man - Use Mary Shelly to create a great work with her as your only unit.

The Lusiads - As Portugal, complete a CS quest to find Indian lands using Vasco da Gama.

Good Old Days - Destroy a tank with a spearman :spear:

City of Marble - As Rome on deity, build every building, every national wonder, and at least 15 world wonders in Rome. Win by launching a space ship from Rome.

7. dasaard200

dasaard200 Chieftain

How about "Old School" - own as allies, all CS's, and all cities on the map, razing none !

8. Memoryjar

Memoryjar Chieftain

Lucky today - Do not have Old faithful or Barringer crater in a Spain game.

Not this time - Beat AIs for a wonder 3 times in a game, one turn before it end it.

No coal, no chocolate - Win a science victory with order without any coal and alu in your borders all the game.

I come in peace - Be nuke by Gandhi.

9. Doktor Vic Tim

Doktor Vic Tim Chieftain

Biting off more than you can chew - Lose a Deity game without having won an Immortal game.

You're not getting this - Found 3 cities, Start a Religion, Find El Dorado, Researcha Technology, Find a Ruin, Create a work of Art, Music and Writing, Extract an archeology artifact from Egypt, Spain, 8 city states, Rome, Poland, Mongolia, Build the Great Library and have a Barbarian Brute take your city. All of this MUST be done on Turn 438. On Deity.

And they said it was impossible - Have Krakatoa within your city's working range

Supremacy - As Spain, have control of at least 2 Natural Wonders, have the One with Nature Pantheon in those cities, and enact Natural Heritage Sites.

10. ikkenickdanniet

ikkenickdanniet Chieftain

* Piet Hein's Silver Fleet: Pillage a domestic sea trade route from Spain as the Netherlands.

Good old history :lol:

11. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

Eternal 'youth' - find fountain of youth and have fountain of youth in your borders.

12. Ryoga

Ryoga Chieftain

"Harem route" : Win the game as Austria after joining by marriage at least 12 City States.

"I'll make you an offer that you can't refuse": In the course of a game gain at least 20 puppets, without ever conquering any city.

13. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle King of the Whale Sharks

Wololo: With the heathen conversion belief, convert a barbarian unit to your side with a missionary.

14. Primacide

Primacide Settler

:D This made my week.

15. Primacide

Primacide Settler

"ADHD": Play as Poland and never complete a policy tree.

16. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I'm a fan of "Puppet Empire" - as Venice, lose then regain your original capital and win the game

17. RatesAnalyst

RatesAnalyst Chieftain

Was it something I Said?
    Be at war, simultaneously, with every original Civ on a standard or larger map. Survive 10 turns.

Owed by so many, to so few
    Use a single fighter to destroy 5 German bombers.

18. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

"Peek a boo"- Recall a civ to life and then exterminate them again in the same turn.

19. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Chieftain

''I didn't mean to, I swear''-Declare war on a country you had a Declaration of Friendship with, by hitting one of their units with a nuke as collateral damage.

20. NomadMan284

NomadMan284 Chieftain

A lot of these are hilarious, but this had me laughing out loud at work (don't worry, I was on my lunch break) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk