It's not just a "conflict" anymore...

Sir Donald III

Emperor
Point of Order: Provo and Blackheart have been banned for 3 days because of arguments between themselves. Am thinking because of this to hold the TC on Wednesday instead of Monday. Also am starting this discussion in their absence.

I commented in chat that the MPPs would be helpful if the Rusians were "Stupid" enough to attack us, and yet would difuse the situation if the Russians were "Smart" enough not to.

Well guess what? The Russians chose Stupid.

At this point, I want to put all dreams of conquest of Russian India aside for a much more important matter.

America is one of our allies.
America shares a sizable border with the Russian Homeland.

Therefore, if follows that the Russians might get their GA off the Americans rather than us. (That is, if they didn't have one already via the Collosus and the Great Library, the latter being captured from India.)

Currently, we have 2 Ironclads (the 3rd was sent off in pursuit of the recently damaged Russian Fleet.) and 2 Galleons, 1 of which is carrying 2 Cavelry and 2 Infantry for Pillaging Operations. They should be able to reach American Shores within 2 turns.

I know it's too small to hold the line, but if we can destroy even a few Cossacks, it might help the Americans hold their Nation. If we go Diplo, I see the Americans as a key vote. But we MUST Protect them if we are to get that vote!

Alternately, we could use them to directly pillage the St. Petersburg Elephants before going on to Moscow for Suppression.

We should also research and set aside a city for the Americans in case of National Destruction.

Also, Combustion is due in 4 turns. This will give us the ability to upgrade our Galleons to Transports. The Empty Galleon could reach a Harbor around that tiem for an Upgrade, allowing us to transport Infantry and Artillery to the American Front. Or to transport our Armies to India.

Speaking of Armies, we can now build the Pentagon and the Espionage Agency. Zojoji is too heavily invested in US to divert, but other cities like En'Gha (aka the Warp Speed City) may pump these buildings out. I would've recommeded Kagemusha for the Pentagon in concordance with Culture's Limited Wonder Policy and Provo's Area 52 Cards, but it'll take too long to construct there.

I quite agree that we need to aid our new allies. It would make much more strategic sense--as well as being more honorable--to send our troops to help defend the American border.

On a side note, might I ask what we plan to do about the Russian ship that seems to be off the coast of Ela Springs? I thought our navy was supposed to be a wall through which the Russians could not pass.

if our navy was a wall that russia couldnt pass, then we wouldnt have american and aztec fighting the russians. And yes lets do everything we can to protect america and fight on until total victory,

I would like to say that a brief look at the term V military ministry and the DEA thread has shown no evidence that deputy stoner(err minister) Epithemus resigned so he may be in charge now. I have to write a 880 more words for a paper due tommorow but I will PM the possible deputy about this matter.

Provo asked me to head the MSAV while he was gone because he was going to be away, so I will look into this further and evaluate some type of plan to help the Americans defend their country. So for now people would like to see a defense of America, and no conquest, but maybe the recapture of Huntington Beach?

The Naval Wall blocked our Front Yard.

What we didn't take into account was that that was Russia's back yard.

Ela Springs was the closest city to Rusia's "Front" Yard, on the other Coast.

And I got a plan, too!

Notes

-Zojiji (WTF?) has a lot of cannons. I tried sending them down to Ela, but they wouldn't attack the ship.
-Railroads allow you to move really fast. So I don't think we want the enemy on our railroads. But we don't want to destroy them, either.
-We've got troops and ships over near Russia. It seems to me those would be nice over in Russia. So I sent them over to Odesa and St. Petersburg. They didn't run into any other Russian ships, which sounds like a good sign.
-That boat outside Ela seems to be the only Russian ship near us. So I don't see what the big deal is.
-Its a frigate, which means it can move four spaces. So it can't land at any other city next turn.
-It also can't land if it doesn't have anywhere to land. So I took all those troops sitting around and used them to fill up the tiles around Ela.

-1 Galleon full of troops up near North China.
-1 long line of ironclads along the western Russian coastline.
-1 ironclad near Ela Springs
-2 ironclads near Russia, along with 2 Galleons full of troops.
-3 Samurai in Ela Springs
-3 Artillery in Ela Springs
-1 Infantry in Ela Springs
-8 Cavalry in Regent Town
-8 Cavalry in Zojiji
-7 Artillery in Zojiji
-3 Infantry in Zojiji

That makes a total of 16 cavalry and 7 artillery in Zojiji and Regent Town. As I see it we have to fill up 6 spaces with troops to stop the frigate from landing. Once we do that we can send that ironclad nearby out to kill it.

My Plan

Okay, so first we have to defend ourselves. As far as I can tell all we have to worry about is one half-dead boat, though. The boat is stuck near Ela and can only move four tiles. Its also about to be finished off by ours. So my plan is to block the boat from landing with a huge amount of troops. This will force the Russians to move elsewhere, which will bring them within range of our ironclad, which will kill them the next turn. So heres a picture and a breakdown of the Defensive Line:

A-3 cavalry, 1 artillery
B-3 cavalry, 1 artillery
C-3 cavalry, 1 artillery
D-3 cavalry, 1 artillery
E-3 cavalry, 1 artillery
F-2 cavalry, 1 cavalry army, 1 infantry, 1 artillery
Ela Springs-2 cavalry, 2 infantry, 2 samuria, 4 artillery
These troops are to be moved from Zojiji and Regent Town into the area. They are to remain there for that turn. The Ironclad will then move in next turn and wipe out the frigate. So that takes care of that.

We also seem to have two galleons and two ironclads over near Russia itself. So I figured we'd send them over St. Petersburg. The navy would take them to the ivory (blue) and land them there (green), from which they'd take the city (red). One boat would stay there, and the other would run over to Sevastapol and take that (yellow). This would surround Moscow and really screw up Russia (pink). After that they should dig in and beat any sort of attack the Russians throw, before taking Moscow and Smolesk themselves.

Thank you Deputy Epimethius, most appreciated, I will add the plan to the options polled this monday.

To add to Epimethius' plan, I would like to say that We can get Combustion in 4 turns. We have an Empty Galleon in the strike Force. We could bring that to Ela Springs in 2 Turns. When it reaches the Harbor and we get Combustion, the Galleon can be Upgraded to a Transport. That said Transport can carry some of our "Line Garrison" from Ela Springs to the St. Pete Front in time to take Sevastpool.

Alternately, if the People still want only a Defensive War, we could use all the mentioned forces to Defend the American Homeland which is the most at-risk. Our current Force is 2 turns from landing North of Buffalo on either side. From there, we can use the American RoP to reinforce any holes in the American Line against Russia. They actually have a good Rail Network for all points West or South of the Great Salt Lake.

BTW, I don't think we would need more than 1 Cav/Infant and 1 Artillery on Square F, as the line A-E should be sufficient to hold off any land atack on Ela and even 1 unit can hold a square against a landing unless you have Marines. The rest of the OoB for Ela seems fair. (Just send the army to the City.)

In other notes:
We should probably build the Pentagon. It will give us 1 more unit in our Armies.

I'm comming up with a plan on how to "divide" Russia, (between us, ourn Allies, and China, since I don't think any occupier can hold Kiev against Beijing,) should they be eliminated in this War. As a hint, I would like to say that I'm not holding much hope for controling any Ivory in this Division.

Top Bottom