[Col] It's possible to play as Tories!

El Toro

Chieftain
...and i'm just doing it!

Hello guys.
I've found the way to play king's army and Tories. It's a little bit tricky but appears real entertaining. I played the English standard way and Spanish power withdrew during the gameplay.
After declaring independence and saving into colony00.sav file i used hex editor
and changed two things in the file:
- byte &137 (Spanish as withdrown power - now Tories) byte to "00" to control the power myself,
- byte &0CF (English) to "01" to let AI control it.
(editing .sav files is well explained here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=5011)
Then I loaded colony00.sav again and pressed "next turn". King's forces landed and i was swithed to control them. The problem was that it was impossible for me to attack colonies as "You cannot attack foreign colonies during the war of independendence".
I saved the game again and changed byte &0CF (English- now Rebels) to "00" (human player). After reloading game i was able to attack rebel colonies and units.
Before proceedeing to "next turn" i saved game again and changed byte &0CF (English) to "01" (AI control). After reloading AI took control of Rebels and did the moves. At the beging of my turn i saved the game and changed English control byte again to "00" and repeted the scheme.

In this scenario king's forces land as Spanish Continental troops. I used ALT-WIN cheat to replace them a Kings Regulars and Kings Cavalry.
Hope you find my solution useful. Believe me - its real fun to crush those damn rebels at last :)

A very helpful first post!

I haven't played this game in forever because I can't find my CD, but it's good to know someone is still out there tinkering with it.

Top Bottom