it's so damn annoying when... (for Pangea map)

Leathaface

Emperor
You have declared war on an ememy Civ, take all of their cities yet found out they have 1 or 2 cities left in some obscure place off the continent.

In my present game I declared war on Japan first, got Kyoto, Japan, all the main cities. The idiot had 1 city off the coastline. I didn't have any galleys at the time cos it's pangea.

Next is Churchhill, captured London, Coventy, etc, but he has 1 city left in the middle of nowhere. I have to use my galley to move 2 units across at a time, taking 3 turns to get to his little island. On his little island he has 80% culture defence and a load of longbowman, while I am getting 4 unhappiness all the time from my cities cos of "War...What is it good for?". The war is costing me a bomb.

ARRGH!!!!

On a more serious tone, you can make peace, get some techs and see later.
Unfortunately, this may lead to peacevassaling.

But assuming medieval times, you may try spy (city revolt that destroys all cultural defense for one turn)+amphibious units if possible?

YOn his little island he has 80% culture defence and a load of longbowman, while I am getting 4 unhappiness all the time from my cities cos of "War...What is it good for?". The war is costing me a bomb.

ARRGH!!!!

It is exactly this reason that I leave on Vassals (despite their numerous flaws).

Top Bottom