1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

It's T-minus 30 minutes before the game launches...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ondolindë, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

So, it's T-minus 30 minutes before the game launches on October 21st wherever you are. What are you doing? How have you prepared? And, what will you do after it launches?

As far as I know, and according to Amazon, it will launch at midnight PST, so that means 3 a.m. Bolivia time. 30 minutes before and up to launch time, I will probably be awake working or forcing myself to do some work while I check Steam every 5 minutes or/and checking the latest news and anticipation talk here. I have pre-ordered, so that's preparation step 1; definitely have some munchies around and make sure I have an easier Friday work wise (crossing fingers). I work independently and live on my own, so that helps. After, who knows? The one-more-turn addictive quality of Civ games might just be too much to overcome. I should have automatic voice and email replies in case I just crash out of exhaustion or just don't mind the world that day. It is possible, I guess. :D

2. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

I dunno, does amazon send you your steam keys before you get the box, if you pre-ordered it?

3. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

Nice cup of coffee, some snacks and one two liter empty bottle. That should do till i pass out for the first time. :d

Ondolindë likes this.
  4. Xur

Xur Prince

Might as well get adult diapers while you are at it :)

I'm probably sleeping at release - got a long friday sadly :( So, I'll probably be at it saturday...

Ondolindë likes this.
  5. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I tested the diapers couple of times, not my thing... just can't roll like a boss in them. I'll stick to my piss jugs.

cakes likes this.
  6. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Officially I got college that day. Wheter I'll be going? Unsure. Also depends on what midnight PST is in GMT+1.

7. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I'll be somewhere off Malaysia, with no internet, surrounded by Chinamen.

Well, hopefully the first patch will release before I get home.

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Kiss the wife and kids because you won't be seeing them much for a while.

Ikael, Babri, racha and 3 others like this.
  9. ovrdose

ovrdose Chieftain

Probably be asleep by that time. 2 am in jakarta :(

10. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

You know, a title like this one can easily be misunderstood... Hope is a powerful thing. ;)

I will be staring at the clock the entire time, begging for it to go faster..! :aargh::help: A jar of Nutella (along with bread-cookies to dip in it) will be sitting on my desk, as well as several bottles of my favorite energy drink, to sustain me through the dark ages that lie ahead... And the light ages that will follow, and the dark ages after them, etc... Sleep is for the weak, who have yet to adopt stiiknafulism and bow to the Wise Eternal One, God of Maniacal Laughing Fits and (coincidentally) Holiest Atomic Fire... :mwaha::bump::cooool:

You could say the game's anticipated, ahem, quite so, yes. :yup:

Fourmi1 and Ondolindë like this.
  11. BrokenSky

BrokenSky Warlord

21st is a friday, right? Probably asleep. Won't be able to start playing until the afternoon :(. But I'll have the weekend :)!

12. Cyberian

Cyberian Warlord

I got the same problem had a 50 euro gift card for amazon so I bought it there physical as that was 10 cheaper than digital very strange. Usually I prefer to buy digital as you only get a box shipped with a steam key inside anyway.

13. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

I'm sorry. I thought of it after I posted it and then I couldn't figure out how to explain myself better, but I guess hope needs to be exercised more. :D

14. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

15. Mort_Q

Mort_Q Prince

It's a work night. I'll likely be sleeping.

16. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

Sadly, I'll probably be sleeping, plenty of stuff to do Friday morning. I'll be pretty pumped for my daughter's naptime on Friday though. :D

17. CIVLOYALIST

CIVLOYALIST Chieftain

Get online right away, search for comrades

18. Civilization6

Civilization6 Chieftain

put in for those sick days load up on mountain dew and pizza rolls, tell the girlfriend shes about to become a widow, civilization 6 is finally here.

okay so i borrowed that from an Xplay review, thanks guys.

19. ELRACj

ELRACj Warlord

I am terrible for dates so when I read this post I thought Civ VI was about to be released in 30 minutes. I almost crapped my pants but then I realized it was Oct 8th.

Ondolindë likes this.
  20. Civbra

Civbra Warlord

I always have trouble with time zones! I'm in Brazil so it will be released at what time here? Someone can help me?