1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

It's T-minus 30 minutes before the game launches...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ondolindë, Oct 8, 2016.

1. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

We still don't know whether it will be simultaneous launch or by zones.

2. Civbra

Civbra Warlord

oh Thank you!

well this only make me more anxious!!! kkk

3. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Man I'm going to be real tired for work Friday morning...tried to get the day off but a coworker had already taken it for a non-Civ related vacation. Begged and pleaded but she wouldn't reschedule her vacation...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. Abraxis

Abraxis

My colon recently exploded and had to be removed so I won't be working anytime soon. On the bright side, this happened at the best possible time as I now have all the time in the world for Civ6. I'm hoping they'll do a staggered release by time zones. If they do I'll unlock through Korea, which should be around 4pm eastern on Thursday I think? Otherwise I'll just go to sleep a bit early and wakeup at around 5, then play all day. Staying up is never a good idea, best to be well rested and have the whole day ahead of you.

I'll have to stock up on snacks of course, I lost a third of my weight I need to get back. Plenty of salt and vinegar chips with salt and vinegar flavour shakers for more tongue bleeding goodness, ice cream, dark chocolate, some kind of pastries -jos louis maybe, a box of cliff energy bars, plenty of cans of coke. I'll need to get a single cup coffee maker to throw on my desk with coffee supplies too. I'll also need to find the greasiest pizza in Ottawa and have them deliver nightly for at least the first few days. Definitely I'll be making a few runs to Costco the days leading up to release!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Depravo likes this.
  5. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

You win the thread :p

6. rastak

rastak Emperor

Abraxis, damn, that's certainly taking a "glass is half full" view of things.

I'll have some ice cold pale ale in the fridge next to the computer. It looks like the game will release at 11pm my time so a bit of a nap in the evening after work and then fire up Civ after it decrypts about 11:15pm. Pour a cold one, slap on the headphones and I'll probably play until 4 or 5am then get some shuteye. I have the next 10 days off!

7. Acken

Acken Deity

I'll be probably sleeping.
    Because two possibilities :
    1. If I have the friday off I preffer to wake up early at 6am to play the whole day than a bit in the night.
    2. If I don't have my friday I can ho to work early so that I can come home early.

Ondolindë likes this.
  8. Sprenk

Sprenk Prince

I have to teach Friday morning. Was actually tempted to cancel class to play (which would have been a first in over 25 years of teaching--canceling class to play a computer game. Mental Health Day, anyone?)

Sigh. Should do the right thing though. After all, I can play all day Friday after class ends! :)

MistyRonin likes this.
  9. InkyK

InkyK Chieftain

If it's not staggered and it releases at 3am in my time zone, I'll probably wait until the next morning. But I definitely plan to live-stream my first game.

10. SpaceCommunist

SpaceCommunist Warlord

I intend to spend the last few minutes before Civ 6 playing one final game of Civ 5, more than likely as the civ I'll play in the new game first (looks to be either Japan, India, Arabia, Germany, Aztecs if I preorder, or China).

I think the KKK makes everyone anxious. :p

racha and Ondolindë like this.
  11. Abraxis

Abraxis

cancelling class is the right thing, think of all the smiling faces. You'd be a hero.

Ondolindë likes this.
  12. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Or, or (just an idea, you see) you could do an in-class game tutorial session. That's teaching, for sure, and you get points for using technology and history. ;)

13. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

6 cups of coffee, all lined up in front of me, & declaring myself legally dead, so nobody disturbs me ;).

14. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

Snacks? check, Drinks? Check, Family knowing that if the house is on fire is the only reason to disturb you? Check

I'm good to go

15. CivCube

CivCube Spicy.

I'm going to be entering data for the short-term job I'm working on and hope I get it all in by the deadline. Maybe I'll notice that Civ 6 is out when I'm done.

16. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Ok, so thinking about it some more and having read the same sentiment in this thread, I wonder if instead of staying up late, I wake up early on the 21st and play. I have the day off also. Maybe that makes more sense. Although, it is exciting to just make a night out of it. What do you guys think?

17. Nefelia

Nefelia Prince

I'll likely be playing Rift. I'll check Steam some time on the 22nd or 23rd and get the download started though. :)

I understand the enthusiasm, but I've kept myself rather pre-occupied so that I don't torture myself over a game I can not yet play.

18. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I think if you even have to ask, your membership should be revoked. Make the coffee, prep the snacks, set the defibrillator to 'twitch', make sure you have an ample supply of Visine, and then play til death and glory.

Ondolindë likes this.
  19. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

:D My sincerest apologies.

20. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter