1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

It's T-minus 30 minutes before the game launches...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ondolindë, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

2. Kevin J

Kevin J Hewer of Wood

There better be internet there, I head for Malaysia at the end of the month.

3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Looks like it unlocks at 11 p.m. my time Thursday, but even if amazon delivers it Thursday instead of Friday, I expect I'll be sleeping. Kids wake up early. If I'm not sleeping, it will be because I'm celebrating a Cubs victory or mourning their loss....

Ondolindë likes this.
  4. Syrok

Syrok Chieftain

I will be able to play at 1 am for me. I will probably be sleeping, since I can't take a day off this friday.

5. Cheong Jia Sheng

Cheong Jia Sheng Chieftain

Get a data plan from Hotlink. I believe tourist plans with a few GBs are rather cheap if you cannot find WiFi spots.

6. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Strongly considering a VPN to enable playing 12 hours earlier (in US, switching to South Korea or Australia). Thoughts?

7. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

I read somewhere here that for the release of BE someone did it. However, I also read more times here also that it is against Steam`s policies and that it could have you "banned". So, I don`t know.

8. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Given all this mounting pre-launch hype heat that is slowly turning my brain into jelly, I might end up running down the street naked, singing 'Baba Yetu'.
    In a duller and more realistic scenario, I'll be sleeping, as the game unlocks at 1 a.m. my time. It will be a looong day at work on Friday. I'll try everything to cut it as short as possible.

Ondolindë likes this.
  9. BornInTheLoo

BornInTheLoo Warlord

It's T-minus 30 and I'll still be wondering what'll be in the Digital Deluxe package...

Ondolindë likes this.
  10. mnf

mnf King

T-30m would be 23:30 here and I'd have just had 6-8 hours of sleep, ate a full meal, and have some snacks and soft drink ready by my side, sitting in front of the computer browsing Twitter and Civfanatics, with my alarm set for 23:59.

11. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Afaik, you get the first 4 DLCs and the soundtrack.

12. genyl

genyl Chieftain

I went to the greenwich meridian last sunday which is closer home so GMT for me.

at 23 :30 i will be in bed. if Iam not asleep at 12 due to the nerves I will start downloading the game. Then I will wake up early due to the emotion and play a little bit before being very late for work.

I dont get paid if I don't work so probably will go but maybe I get glued to the chair!

13. BornInTheLoo

BornInTheLoo Warlord

But what are they?

14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

There have been no announcements of what content the first 4 DLCs will contain, or when they will be released. All that one can infer is that there will be at least 4 DLC.

15. genyl

genyl Chieftain

I have purchased the deluxe as well.

I expect bug fixes in free patches so DLC they will be either:

- new content for the game soecially civs, leaders and maps

or

- new mechanics like improved diplomacy, spionage, corporations, another victory conditions. plus rebalances

Civ 5 had 2 big ones of the latter(g&k , bnw) and many of the former.

I really hope they expand the game significantly as civ5 vanilla was disappointing

16. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

It is always exciting to wonder what the DLC´s will have, especially new leaders and mechanics, but I surely hope this release, meaning vanilla, is not as people say Civ V´s was. I actually cannot think it was bad, but then again, I was falling in love back then so they could have given me Civ I and I wouldn't have noticed.

As for right before the game, I think I will be playing Civ IV--got a game going out of the blue. Hadn't played in a while. Or maybe a Civ V modded game while checking the forums and chowing down on something I will regret when I go to the gym.

17. fay902

fay902 Chieftain

I'll be asleep.

18. Midori

Midori Chieftain

I have an exam on that day, so no playing the moment it launches for me. Maybe. Depending on my level of self control.

Ondolindë likes this.
  19. FooTooAy

FooTooAy Chieftain

Boy, that sure is tempting! I am in California, so if I "visit" Australia, then I can start at 9:00 a.m. my time, instead of midnight. That's 15 hours earlier!

So, yeah, I am looking into the VPN thing, but I never pirate software or do anything sketchy so I'm nervous about it even though I pre-ordered the day it was announced! I don't want the Steam Police to show up at my door and confiscate all my games :(

But I want to VPN! Because many years from now, when I am on my deathbed at the age of 112, and my 22-year-old wife asks if I had any regrets, I will whisper: "I wish I had spent more time playing Civilization 6." Using VPN will let me do that.

20. FooTooAy

FooTooAy Chieftain

Oh, and 30 minutes before launch I will be instructing my servants to bring me coffee. And I will let out the battle cry: "Prepare my Chair of Gaming!"