1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I've Got a Good Scenario Idea, But I Don't Know What to Do With It.....

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by The Omega, Dec 23, 2004.

1. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

I've got a basic idea for a scenario, but the problem is that's all I have. I don't know what the map should be, the tech tree, civs, scenario, etc. Al I've got is teh basic concept. The idea is basically where there's one large, powerful civilization, and multiple smaller civilizations. The goal of the smaller civilizations is to hold of the armies of the larfger one, while fighting their way to get a resource, or wonder, that will allow them to defeat teh larger civlization. I just need ideas, and some help making it once I get the ideas, since this would be the largest scenario I've ever made. Please help!

2. WildWeazel

WildWeazel Yeah, well... Supporter

Hmm, sounds a bit like the Roman Empire from the other side, or LOTR, or WW2 Europe, or..... well, there could be a lot of ways to do this. Sounds like you need some brainstorming to start off with.
    Epic mod?
    Conquest-style?
    Alternate world/ Sci-fi?
    Scenario or mod?

3. The Omega

1. Is an epic mod where you start out with a settler? If so, I don't think that would work.
    2. Yes, conquest styel.
    3. Probably.
    4. Scenario.

4. tcbutch

tcbutch Chieftain

Big central continent w/2 smaller continents on each side. You might try sourrounding the smaller continents with mountains for protection (at least on the side facing the larger continent). Make the early strategic resources near the coast of the larger continent, and move the resources toward the center (not too far) of the continent as time passes and new ones appear. Try not to give the larger civ easy access to uranium (or any civ for that matter). Lots of luxury and bonus resources for the smaller civs.

5. The Omega

That would work for an epic game, but I was more planninga scenario, where they start with cities.

6. tcbutch

tcbutch Chieftain

How about a radioactive meteor hit the planet and altered all life around it. Just create a civ of advanced mutated beings

7. RedAlert

RedAlert Love one another

This reminds me of an actual historical situation:

During the classic period of Mesoamerican history (running from about 300 to 800 CE) There were two main civilizations which were reaching their height about the same time. The first was the Maya of the Yucatan, Peten, and Guatemala Highlands. The Maya were not unified, but divided into hundreds of city states, few of which were very powerful, and were usually at war with each other. On the other hand, to the west, centered in the valley of Mexico, was the vast and powerful Teotihuacan Empire, whose influence and might rivaled the later Toltec and Aztec empires. It can be suggested from examining Mayan records that Teotihuacan could have had anything from a cultural or economic sway over the Maya, to have actually invaded them.

Anyway, your scenario idea sounds interesting. I hope to see it developed further :)

8. The Omega

Hmmm......That might work, if it weren't for hte fact that all the historical information here is too biased too let me make a very good historical scenario, so I gues I'll have to stick with fantasy/sci-fi typ scenario.

9. RedAlert

That's fine, just throwing out ideas (well, an idea). Of course, it could be sci-fi like if you incorporated a good amount of mesoamerican mythology. But what you do your scenario on is your decision. I just really hope to see it developed, because the idea is great.

I do have one question: What do you mean by 'the historical information here is biased'? How is it biased, what / who's information is biased :confused:
    I'm afraid I don't quite understand.

10. The Omega

All historical information in my city, whether it be library, bookstore, or teachers, is extremely biased towards one side or another, making getting actual historical information next too impossible. Also, I'm thinking that it would be best as a sci-fi scenario.....and I'm slowly getting an idea of the map in my head........eventually, if I get a sudden flash of inspiration, I may be able to make this!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!!!! :xmas:

11. RedAlert

Ah yes, Merry Christmas! :xmas:

Sci-fi sounds great. I can't wait to see your ideas...

btw, I find one of the best places for good, accurate historical information (which is usually slightly biased in some way) is right here on this site ;)

12. The Omega

Yes, which is probably why I've elarned more about history since joining this site than in my history class my entire life! :D

13. The Omega

Haha! I have had the sudden inspiration that I sought! There's just one problem........My ideas are up with alot of the major scenarios out there, but i lack the understanding of computers or the skills needed to make it. That's where I need help. I don't ahve time to list everything I need, but what I would like right now would be someone telling me how to go about making major scenarios, with custom tech tree, custom terrain, units, etc. All help is welcome!