I've never seen the AI intercept or air sweep

I've done air sweeps when the enemy had many air units around but they never met any resistance so I stopped and I don't remember getting show down ever. Also the AI has often thrown away many aircraft on suicide attacks trying to attack my units when I had several interceptors waiting. And then they brought more and threw them against my jets again.
The AI doesn't seem to know interception exists, either to be used by them or against them.

The AI seems to be bad with suiciding air units in general, they'll do it against melee units as well if you have enough affinity over them.

Seems like this goes back to Civ V as I always and only use jets for interception. The only exception is finishing off near dead units I don't want to see reborn with experience.

Here's something. The units XML for civ5 has fighters with FLAVOR_ANTIAIR set, but nothing in CivBE has it. Although it does have UNITAI_DEFENSE_AIR set so it probably doesn't matter.

Here's something. The units XML for civ5 has fighters with FLAVOR_ANTIAIR set, but nothing in CivBE has it. Although it does have UNITAI_DEFENSE_AIR set so it probably doesn't matter.

It's a DLL issue. Once that's released there's one guy here who can provide his CivV mod for port to BE. Won't help with things like satellite usage (i.e. Rocktopus) tho.

EDIT: The guy who I was talking about has a mod which helps with XML and it does unlock the Rocktopus for AI use tho IDK how.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542543

I'm pretty sure the AI did a couple air sweeps in my latest game. The message that usually comes up when you intercept an enemy air strike is something like,
Your Locust (x damage) intercepted an enemy Herald (x damage) as it attacked your Marauder (x damage)
but every once in a while I saw a message like this:
An enemy Herald (x damage) attacked your Locust (x damage)
It happened pretty rarely though, maybe only two or three times compared to the 30 or 40 regular air strikes during that game. Definitely not nearly as much as the AI should have done, but it does do them.

Never seen the AI intercept though.

I'm pretty sure the AI did a couple air sweeps in my latest game. The message that usually comes up when you intercept an enemy air strike is something like,

It happened pretty rarely though, maybe only two or three times compared to the 30 or 40 regular air strikes during that game. Definitely not nearly as much as the AI should have done, but it does do them.

Are you playing with any mods?

Were there other units around that were valid targets? Maybe it only sweeps when it doesn't see other targets, which would defeat the purpose of sweeping.
Trying to think if the action priority of air units might be out of order, and instead of thinking 'take out air units then ground' it's doing 'take out ground then air'.

Were there other units around that were valid targets? Maybe it only sweeps when it doesn't see other targets, which would defeat the purpose of sweeping.
Trying to think if the action priority of air units might be out of order, and instead of thinking 'take out air units then ground' it's doing 'take out ground then air'.

That's entirely possible, at one point I deleted all my units aside from the jets.

Top Bottom