Jabarto's Map Conversion Center

Jabarto

Emperor
I'm glad this subforum exists, because now I can centralize my double and triple posts into a single place. :) Anyway, welcome to the Conversion Center, where I take vanilla BTS maps and add resources, etc. to make them work with ROM. Pretty self-explanatory, isn't it?

I usually only convert maps that I, personally, would have an interest in playing, but lately I haven't seen many that pique my interest, so I'm taking requests.

But first, a few guidelines:

If you are submitting a request...

I am now taking requests for from-scratch maps. But don't expect to see many of them come to fruition.

Also, I don't make scenarios. I suck at that, too.

Please link the map you want me to convert.

Tell me how you want the resources to be allocated (realistically as possible, in favor of balanced gameplay, don't much care, etc.)

If you think I should change something in one of the maps...

Great! I always like feedback, be it positive or negative. Just be specific in telling me what you want changed, and be aware that I may not make every single change that someone asks for. If you can provide a source or make an argument for your change, I'll be much more likely to implement it.

Now that that's out of the way, here's the section where I keep you updated on what I have planned. Oh, and unless otherwise noted, I am not the original creator of any of these maps. I try to credit the original authors whereever possible.

I am currently working on...

Making my own custom map.

I dont know is this the right place to suggest it but the 50civs earthmap with bigger europe with random starting places needs to be modified. Could you put the civs in their real starting places? (If you can/want to (seriously, could be a nice to play 50civs with real starting places.)

I dont know is this the right place to suggest it but the 50civs earthmap with bigger europe with random starting places needs to be modified. Could you put the civs in their real starting places? (If you can/want to (seriously, could be a nice to play 50civs with real starting places.)

Sure, I can do that. :)

I finished updating my previous maps. They're in the first post.

RFC Earth with Enlarged Europe is done. It's in the first post.

The map has 26 civs and preplaced resources. I tried to be realistic, but I'm not a geography buff (yet).

Are you still doing Perfect world 2? I would like to have that one.

Are you still doing Perfect world 2? I would like to have that one.

I'm afraid I don't know how to add new terrains to map scripts. I'll ask cephalo and see if he can tell me.

Anyway, I just uploaded a small Europe map to the first post.

I don't mind not having marsh. Do you know if it makes all the resources and if it can be used as it is?

Currently using perfect world 2, no marsh, no storm (two things I don't like anyway) so it's all fun for me :)

Great work by the way Jabarto, never used pre-made map but your conversion seems really nice. :)

Currently using perfect world 2, no marsh, no storm (two things I don't like anyway) so it's all fun for me :)

Great work by the way Jabarto, never used pre-made map but your conversion seems really nice. :)

Thanks. :)

My next project is to get a Europe map of every size possible for ROM. I've already got a small one and a huge one, and I'll convert my own giant one before long, plus I'm currently working on a large one made by Dieter von Clam.

I like Europe. :D

I know that your not good at making scenarios but can you or anybody else make an Earth 1000AD Scenario for Rise of Mankind 2.5?

Thanks ;)

Well...I know I said I wouldn't, but I kinda want some ROM scenarios myself, and since it's summer I have a lot of time on my hands, so maybe I can try making a few. ;)

EDIT: Alright, I've decided. I'll try making a 1400 AD Europe scenario based off Europa Universalis 3. No promises on being able to complete it, though.

I, for one, hope you do complete it.;)

I know that your not good at making scenarios but can you or anybody else make an Earth 1000AD Scenario for Rise of Mankind 2.5?

I did a 1066 AD for RoM 2.2 (and planned to do more), but couldn't quite keep up with the RoM version progression. As I currently have v. 2.62 installed, I don't think I'll do a conversion for any previous version - though I welcome anyone else trying their hand at it. I certainly welcome the idea of (more) scenarios for RoM, as it's a great mod.

Magna Mundi is great fun... lol

Magna Mundi is great fun... lol

I wonder how Ubik feels about having created a mod based soley around kicking the players' teeth in...and having them enjoy it. :lol:

By the way, about scenario making...does anyone know how to mark certain religions as founded even if they're not on the map? The perennial problem I have is that I set up the religions pertinent to an area, and then, 5 or 6 turns later, all the rest get founded and randomly assigned to existing cities.

Ubik is the Devil username... lol

Well he made an awesome mod, for hardcore strategist with enough history in it to learn something... I can't wait for the new version...

About the religion thingy no idea...

Since I couldn't find a standard-sized Europe map, I used MapView 2.0 to make a cutout of Bohemus' Eurasia map included in the map pack. After I finish it and Dieter's map, as well as make a few revisions to the existing maps, I'll upload them all. Probably won't take more than a day or two, but I've got my own giant Europe map to work on and I'm lazy regardless, so who knows. ;)

Since I couldn't find a standard-sized Europe map, I used MapView 2.0 to make a cutout of Bohemus' Eurasia map included in the map pack. After I finish it and Dieter's map, as well as make a few revisions to the existing maps, I'll upload them all. Probably won't take more than a day or two, but I've got my own giant Europe map to work on and I'm lazy regardless, so who knows. ;)

It's done. First post updated.

In addition to the above maps, I added another one that includes western Europe and Eastern North America. If I can figure out how to make scenarios, I'd love to make a colonization scenario with it.

Triple Post! Woohoo!

Anyway, guys, I haven't forgotten about mapmaking for ROM. In fact, I recently finished my first from-scratch map. I'm not sure I want to release it, it's kind of a silly map I made for my own entertainment, but that's not the point. The point is, I'm revoking the prohibition on asking me to make maps from scratch. Be aware, though, that it's a bit tedious to make them, so unless your request is fairly simple, or interesting to me personally, I likely won't take it on. But you're more than welcome to ask away. :)

That said, I am working on a map that I do intend to release when it's done. It's going to be a mix of continents and archipleagos, with civs preset in climates similar to the ones in which they existed in real life (Vikings in the frozen north, Maya and Khmer in the jungle, etc.) I'll try my best to make it balanced and fun.

Top Bottom