1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaguar Warrior

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by tchristensen, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tchristensen

tchristensen Chieftain

Started a new game and selected the Aztec. I simply love the mesoamerican cultures. Anyway, I noticed that the Jaguar Warrior gets +50% vs. Elephants. Problem is elephants are not indigenous to North or South America -- other than perhaps in the late Pleistocene era.

thoughts of converting that to a +50% vs. Mounted units? Or perhaps Archers?

edit: I made the adjustment to give them a +50% vs. musketman. The idea behind that is the jaguar warriors were the nemesis to the Spaniards; plus it adds interesting tactic to hold off upgrading the jaguars to late mid-game to use this bonus against barbarians and other empires with guns.

2. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

They have that because all Swordsmen class units do; it was added to provide a counter to War Elephants. Though, now that War Elephants are available a fair bit later than they were in previous versions it may not be necessary anymore.

I agree it does sound strange for the Jaguar Warrior, wouldn't hurt to give them something else as you suggest.