Jan. 6th commission

That's fascinating.

A good number of posters here were unknowingly part of this huge conspiracy to protect the elections (by warning about the claims Trump would make when he was temporarily ahead in the vote count on Election Day itself).

The thing is, all of the efforts that this conspiracy did in their (correct) prediction regarding how Trump would attempt to steal the election are things that one would be ok with doing in every election: getting people to vote by believing that their vote would count, making it easier to vote, getting election officials not to respond to bribes, having counter-protestors stand down if it's not going to be productive, etc.

In other words, if any of this stuff "comes out" (as it has in the Time article), they are efforts to be proud of, not crimes.

The halo is warranted.

The Democrats censored critics while flooding the country with bs about Trump being a traitor

influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it.

How did they control the flow of information and how is that protecting democracy?

They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears.

Oh yeah, I remember the Democrats in Congress demanding censorship... more censorship. Thats certainly Orwellian, silencing critics fortifies elections. And repeatedly lying to a Fisa court to spy on Trump for a year was just the Democrats protecting us from a liar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...uliani-3-other-trump-lawyers-accuses-n1287670

Jan. 6 committee subpoenas Giuliani, 3 other Trump allies, accuses them of pushing election lies

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol issued subpoenas Tuesday to Rudy Giuliani and three other allies of former President Donald Trump who were involved in efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.

The committee said Giuliani, Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell and Boris Epshteyn "publicly promoted unsupported claims about the 2020 election and participated in attempts to disrupt or delay the certification of election results."

"The four individuals we’ve subpoenaed today advanced unsupported theories about election fraud, pushed efforts to overturn the election results, or were in direct contact with the former President about attempts to stop the counting of electoral votes," Committee Chair Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., said in a statement.

Dormammu... I've come to bargain...

Yet we have an obligation to work with our murderous countrymen nonetheless. It feels like this all. the. time.

Just like with legislative districts here at home. You just have to know that a lot of them think that it's only fair that we should change the rules so that they never lose again. It's a bug of the system that they don't. Huh. That actually is extremely apropos for this thread. Nice.

*Looks at glowing green rotating circles on wrist*...

It's about features. Not bugs. The Republicans are currently adding more, similar features. The Democrats are trying to stop them, and to add different features... well except for Manchin and Sinema...:ack:

The Democrats think that if more people have easier access to the vote, they will win more elections. The Republicans think that if less people of certain types have easy access to the vote, they will win more elections. Features, not bugs. Manchin thinks that if he goes along with his party, he will lose his base and thus his office. Sinema thinks that if she goes along with her party, she will lose her relevance and thus her media profile. The meta-motivations are clear. Individually, we decide what our subjective motivations are for supporting one meta-cause or the other.

Last edited:
Ok, I haven't watched it that recently. :p

Edit: Ah, ok, then I get that better. I'm watching them on that a little, note for the future. I'm still way more pissed off about my congressional district in 2022.

Last edited:
NM is now pretty blue and the GOPidiots* are complaining their mostly safe seat has been made more competitive.

* "GOPidiots" is my new word for the day.

I voted for Perot, so I would say no to this.

Did you vote for Perot in 2000?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_2000_presidential_campaign

Jesse Ventura convinced Trump to run and he won 2 primaries before withdrawing

Trump focused his campaign on the issues of fair trade, eliminating the national debt, and achieving universal healthcare as outlined in the campaign companion piece The America We Deserve, released in January 2000. He named media proprietor Oprah Winfrey as his ideal running mate and said he would instantly marry his girlfriend, Melania Knauss, to make her First Lady.

He was talking about the same issue back then. But no, what actually made him popular was claiming rapists were crossing the border. Thats the Democrat narrative, its us & them and them are racists so vote for Joe.... because...he isn't... wait a minute. Joe has been destroying black lives for 5 decades.

It's always amusing to see how they decide to annihilate the moderates that have cropped up in spite of The Machine.

Oh yea, so beige. No strong opinions on which of my countrymen are murderous parasites we'd be better off without, at all. :lol:

Great pun tho, heheh.

By early December Rudy G and the Trump Campaign had organized a campaign to get swing states to name and submit Republican electors on forged documents as if they were official, to Congress and the National Archives. At least 7 states did so, There is at least one recorded call from the campaign making such a request.

EDIT: On GA and the request to empanel a grand jury:

"If Trump were to be charged and ultimately convicted under Georgia’s criminal solicitation to commit election fraud statute, he could face as much as three years in state prison. If his overall pattern of behavior led to his conviction under Georgia’s RICO statute — Willis’ office hired a RICO expert to assist in the Trump investigation — he could face as much as 20 years in prison."

Last edited:
Lol this moron has been breaking the law for decades and now something is going to happen to him? Yeah right

There's still people around who have faith in the American legal system? The whole thing is a joke
The law caught up to billionaire Epstein after 34 years of committing felonies against children, so anything is possible.

Trump might know where the bodies are buried in New York, but he doesn't have crap in Georgia.

Top Bottom