Jan. 6th commission

I just know what I heard Trump and his allies said starting in March 2020 all the way through Jan. 6 and continuing through today. This was and continues to be an attempt to undermine and neuter the Constitution to the point there would be no federal government and very, very limited civil rights. Look at how Trump's allies in state legislatures that are making laws against the LGBTQ+ community women, and minority voters -- not exactly liberal democracy in action. I have no doubt there were a few FBI agents in the crowd. We know for certain there were state lawmakers, members of the military, police officers, even pastors in the crowd. Trump attracts right wingers.

All governments include a certain level of corruption and bad actors, but in this case, it really is what it appears to be: a former president trying to overthrow the government with the enthusiastic support of millions of Americans.

Or maybe they did get in and now there are many power struggles going on between the different groups in these agencies.

If so, we'll learn. There'll be tell-alls. But law enforcement is a fundamentally conservative enterprise.

Rioter Who Pinned Officer With Shield Gets 7½ Years
BY C. RYAN BARBER

WASHINGTON—Among the most searing images of Jan. 6, 2021, was a police officer, bloodied and pinned inside a doorway, screaming for help as a rioter at the front of a pro-Trump mob pushed against him with a stolen riot shield.
More than two years later, that rioter received one of the lengthiest prison sentences to date in a prosecution stemming from the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

A federal judge on Friday sentenced Patrick McCaughey of Connecticut to 7½ years in prison after finding him guilty in September of assaulting police and obstructing Congress’s certification of the 2020 presidential election results. Mr. McCaughey elected to have a so-called bench trial, leaving it up to Judge Trevor McFadden rather than a jury to review evidence and render a verdict. Handing down the sentence, Judge McFadden said Mr. McCaughey, 25 years old, had become a “poster-child of all that was dangerous and appalling” about the Capitol assault. But he said the defendant’s role in the Capitol assault marked a “strange aberration” from an otherwise law-abiding life. “You can do better than this,” said Judge McFadden, who was appointed to the bench by President Donald Trump. Ahead of Friday’s sentencing, the Justice Department recommended a nearly 16-year prison term for Mr. McCaughey.

Mr. McCaughey’s defense lawyer, Dennis Boyle, earlier suggested a year-long sentence but said at Friday’s hearing he would “concede that is too low” and instead recommended a two-year prison sentence. “Jan. 6 is over. It’s done,” Mr. Boyle said. The sentence fell below the 10-year prison term that Thomas Webster, a former New York City police officer, is currently serving after being convicted of violently assaulting a police officer in a melee outside the Capitol. That remains the longest sentence ordered in a case related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack.
Federal prosecutors described Mr. McCaughey’s conduct as “ heinous” and recounted a violent scene where dozens of rioters joined him in a “ heave-ho” push against a police line defending a door into the Capitol. Mr. McCaughey gained control of a police shield, prosecutors said, and headed to the front of the mob, where he came face-to-face with D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges. Mr. McCaughey apologized for his role in the Capitol assault, describing his conduct as the “greatest embarrassment of my life.” From now on, he said, anyone can go online and find a “video of me behaving like a thug.” In an address to Judge Mc-Fadden, Officer Hodges

‘Of all the weapons used that day, the most effective was the mob.’

In this image from a U.S. Capitol Police video, released and annotated by the Justice Department, Patrick McCaughey appears on police body-worn camera footage at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE/ ASSOCIATED PRESS

said a day doesn’t pass without him remembering the Jan. 6 attack and police officers’ efforts to defend the Capitol. “Of all the weapons used that day, the most effective was the mob,” he said.
Of Mr. McCaughey, Officer Hodges added, “He was not just part of the mob. He was at the vanguard of the assault.”

FBI prompted this exchange. Post 1718

I remember way back in the day when the only federal enforcement agency was the Secret Service. Now there's too many! The only way such a plurality could exist is because the duties therein go beyond mere law enforcement but rather into matters of domestic espionage.

The fact that many leftists are still angry over what happened in the sixties makes me wonder if, if they then were to get a job in Washington they'd try to seek revenge by politicizing enforcement agencies the other way around.
What in the world are you talking about?

Oh, maybe that was his point. I thought he just forgot which agency started our exchange.

What in the world are you talking about?
The fact that many righties are still angry over everything all the time makes me wonder if, if they then were to get a job in Washington they'd try to seek revenge by politicizing enforcement agencies the other way around.

In the 60s, the conservatives tended to be pro Nixon and pro war. They were offended by the hippies, braless women, drugs and music that wasn't Frank Sinatra.

To be fair, the "Silent Majority" was pretty quick to accept the braless thingy....

People who think the FBI or any law enforcement agency is chock full of woke libbies need to put down the bong. There's little difference between the FBI of the Sixties and the current crop of feds. More females, more POC, but still righty.

To be fair, the "Silent Majority" was pretty quick to accept the braless thingy....

People who think the FBI or any law enforcement agency is chock full of woke libbies need to put down the bong. There's little difference between the FBI of the Sixties and the current crop of feds. More females, more POC, but still righty.

"The bong" here being slang for Dan Bongino's social media accounts

Top Bottom