Jan. 6th commission

I'm pretty sure Trump will refuse and hope that the committee is dissolved in January.

I'm pretty sure Trump will refuse and hope that the committee is dissolved in January.

Well, the committee will be dissolved in January, per congressional rules, regardless of November results.

Trump subpoenaed to testify before the committee. Under oath.
I had it on in the background while working today but they definitely ended it on a mic drop moment.

EDIT to add:
Well, the committee will be dissolved in January, per congressional rules, regardless of November results.
I did not know that - thanks. That makes this some great planning on their part, if nothing else just regarding scheduling & timing. Presumably they can just willingly dissolve the committee & say "we've done our jobs, we're out" even before then? If so, they should do that before the elections just as a way to pull the rug out from under the R's & not let them say they killed it & take it off the table as a possible election motivator (I'm still holding onto an outside shot of the D's keeping control, & if that helps even a little, I say do it).

Last edited:
Of course the DOJ investigation will be ongoing.

Yes, ideally. Ideally. We have no idea at this point. I'm waffling between between optimism that they are keeping their cards close to their vest &, well... @Lexicus's POV. I hope he's wrong, but fear he's right.

I'll hedge a bit by saying that if Trump does somehow get in real trouble over this he won't go to prison, he'll go to some resort-type facility where he's still allowed to drop fire Truths with such phrases as "that of a Whacko?"

When Trump lost his election case at SCOTUS, Trump was apparently livid and asked: "Why didn't we make more calls?" Hmmm....Who didn't he call? The deciders in that were the nine justices. Had he been calling justices or their clerks to strong arm a decision? Was Mark Meadows making those calls? If so, maybe that is why he refuses to testify.

I'm waffling on how to spin the Supreme Court rejection. Obviously, I think that it's intelligent to take whatever shot you can at court, because delays and interruptions are the defendants best friends.

On the other hand, if we're trying to paint him as an unworthy public servant, then wasting taxpayer and Court time on such obviously lost causes shows a lack of respect.

I don't think I can get that second sentence to resonate, no matter how I craft it.

I'm waffling on how to spin the Supreme Court rejection. Obviously, I think that it's intelligent to take whatever shot you can at court, because delays and interruptions are the defendants best friends.

On the other hand, if we're trying to paint him as an unworthy public servant, then wasting taxpayer and Court time on such obviously lost causes shows a lack of respect.

I don't think I can get that second sentence to resonate, no matter how I craft it.

Trump, wasting taxpayer and Court time? Showing a lack of respect for an institution? It's like announcing that 1+1=2.

The 2020 Loser is in a bit of a pickle. Refusing to testify puts him in clear danger of indictment by DOJ, since citizens are required by law to obey a subpoena, and the Orange Mush ain't president so no executive privilege.

On the other hand, if Scuzzy McSlumlord does testify, the expresident will undoubtedly lie to high heaven or say he doesn't remember 748 times. Either way, a charge of lying to Congrexx

Cadet Bonespurs' lawyers must be losing their minds, because they have to come up with some type of legal argument to quash the subpoena and like every other lawsuit filed by Dirty Dump since 11/2020 there are no facts to back up their assertions.

On the other hand, if Scuzzy McSlumlord does testify, the expresident will undoubtedly lie to high heaven or say he doesn't remember 748 times.
He could just plead the fifth 748 times. It is not going to change anyone's mind at this point.

He could just plead the fifth 748 times. It is not going to change anyone's mind at this point.
Absolutely but opens him up to civil and criminal liability. Not remembering is just defection, and there no judges in these proceedings that can force a witness to answer the question.

Absolutely but opens him up to civil and criminal liability.
Does it though? Everyone who makes the decisions about prosecution knows he has done loads of crimes. The only question is if anyone has both the motive and ability to get something to stick.

There are folks who are saying that Trump will not be able to resist the stage of a public testimony but will demand concessions such that he will be denied them. Then he can refuse and say he was unjustly treated. I don't think it matters. DOJ will do what they do, but Mar a Lago and GA will sink him. Election fraud and Espionage Act violations will be difficult to evade. His days of dancing around his legal troubles are over.

There are folks who are saying that Trump will not be able to resist the stage of a public testimony but will demand concessions such that he will be denied them. Then he can refuse and say he was unjustly treated. I don't think it matters. DOJ will do what they do, but Mar a Lago and GA will sink him. Election fraud and Espionage Act violations will be difficult to evade. His days of dancing around his legal troubles are over.
You do not generally get to demand concessions to comply with a subpoena.

I suspect Trump would anyway. He will want to remain center stage and make his case that he won in 2020.

Some of the other folks testifying in front of the commission have apparently "negotiated their appearance".

And really, Trump's lawyers, bad as they seem to be, know what a potential disaster it is having Trump under oath for hostile questioning.

For starters, I presume Trump will insist on it being broadcast live (like Bannon wanted, IIRC) and the committee will be having none of that.

Top Bottom