Jan. 6th commission

Yes, and a baseball and the Earth are in similar orders of magnitude when perceived from the Universe's scale.

I dunno, that Glen Kessler guy at the WaPo certainly has a similar level of credibility as Trump.

"fact checkers" are about as reliable as trump when he's claiming how great something is
I know right!

Each time we have an opinion, these "checkers" with their "facts" come along and ignore all the alternative "facts" on which our opinions are formed. Surely these "fact" "checkers" have to be wrong. The only alternative is that we are wrong, and that's just craizee talk.

I know right!

Each time we have an opinion, these "checkers" with their "facts" come along and ignore all the alternative "facts" on which our opinions are formed. Surely these "fact" "checkers" have to be wrong. The only alternative is that we are wrong, and that's just craizee talk.
you can have more than 1 liar. track record for fact checkers suggests they should not credibly hold the title.

you can have more than 1 liar. track record for fact checkers suggests they should not credibly hold the title.
I fact checked that and found your post to be untrue! :p

I know right!

There is no truth, everything is a lie trust no one, arm yourself and prepare for Armageddon. The favored logic stream used by authoritarians since 6000 BCE...

I know right!

Trusting the fact-checkers uncritically is about equally as dumb as trusting Trump uncritically. Maybe a tiny bit less dumb since the fact-checkers call themselves "fact-checkers" to lull the unsavvy.

There is no truth, everything is a lie trust no one, arm yourself and prepare for Armageddon. The favored logic stream used by authoritarians since 6000 BCE...

The fact-checker's line of "there is unquestionable truth and I dispense it" is actually the favored logic stream used by authoritarians since 6000 BCE.

The fact-checker's line of "there is unquestionable truth and I dispense it" is actually the favored logic stream used by authoritarians since 6000 BCE.
I do not know what fact checkers you use, but for example snopes is more well evidenced than that.

Trusting the fact-checkers uncritically is about equally as dumb as trusting Trump uncritically. Maybe a tiny bit less dumb since the fact-checkers call themselves "fact-checkers" to lull the unsavvy.

There were fact checkers 8,000 years ago? Do tell...

Fact checkers have no political or legislative power. Authoritarians have both. I distrust those with power than those trying to cal out leaders for lies.

Statistically, when you're trusting a fact checker, you're also gambling on the odds of them being malicious or incompetent. With trump, it's guaranteed. Ergo, trusting a random assortment of fact checkers will likely outperform believing Trump.

Also, I'm much less concerned about a cult-like following around a specific fact checker.

There were fact checkers 8,000 years ago? Do tell...

They were called priests then
I do not know what fact checkers you use, but for example snopes is more well evidenced than that.

Glenn Kessler, the resident fact-checker at the Washington Post, is who I have in mind. His many outright lies and nonsenses make it quite clear that "fact-checking" in this context is about enforcing ideological boundaries of "acceptable" discourse.

Statistically, when you're trusting a fact checker, you're also gambling on the odds of them being malicious or incompetent. With trump, it's guaranteed. Ergo, trusting a random assortment of fact checkers will likely outperform believing Trump.

At least Trump doesn't call himself a fact-checker or pretend to neutrality.

They were called priests then

Glenn Kessler, the resident fact-checker at the Washington Post, is who I have in mind. His many outright lies and nonsenses make it quite clear that "fact-checking" in this context is about enforcing ideological boundaries of "acceptable" discourse.

At least Trump doesn't call himself a fact-checker or pretend to neutrality.
I understand there are politically motivated fact checkers and I try to avoid. But fact checking the Manhattan Moron is easy. Did he say something? Then it's a lie.

Also, I'm much less concerned about a cult-like following around a specific fact checker.
As long as they are well referenced it is not really a case of gambling. You can make your own decision based on the evidence presented.

But fact checking the Manhattan Moron is easy. Did he say something? Then it's a lie.

Yes, which is easy enough to figure out that it doesn't require journalists paid six figures to tell us.

Top Bottom