Jan. 6th commission

you are claiming the stupid should be jailed in posting that.

a fake conspiracy is not a crime, because it is fake. they had neither means nor will to carry it out, yet were charged for a criminal conspiracy where the only actual criminals were with "law enforcement".

already happened. not a question of if or when

Please cite the case so we can check the details
Still waiting for a case where any of these came up and a judge ruled.

Still waiting for a case where any of these came up and a judge ruled.
Dude, don't you know the entire justice system is corrupt? You can't go by how judges rule on things.

Dude, don't you know the entire justice system is corrupt? You can't go by how judges rule on things.

What's so mind-boggling is that, yeah, the justice system is corrupt and judges often rule wrongly on things (for example when the US Supreme Court ruled that it's okay for Nestle to have slaves as long as they're in other countries).

But again, it is clear from the whole context of this situation that the court system is treating these people with kid gloves. If I'd been in charge we wouldn't be bothering with trials because they'd have been treated as enemy combatants.

Oh and incidentally posting that Jan 6th was some sort of collective hallucination and no one actually did anything wrong should be construed as giving aid and comfort to enemies of the United States, ie, treason.

You recognise this when the term "mostly peaceful protest" is used. As if 10.000 people not commiting crimes excuses the hundreds who did.

As if we're supposed to use the average of the entire group to determine the offenses made by individuals. Which is ludicrous.

What's so mind-boggling is that, yeah, the justice system is corrupt and judges often rule wrongly on things (for example when the US Supreme Court ruled that it's okay for Nestle to have slaves as long as they're in other countries).

But again, it is clear from the whole context of this situation that the court system is treating these people with kid gloves. If I'd been in charge we wouldn't be bothering with trials because they'd have been treated as enemy combatants.

Oh and incidentally posting that Jan 6th was some sort of collective hallucination and no one actually did anything wrong should be construed as giving aid and comfort to enemies of the United States, ie, treason.

If BLM demonstrators had attacked the Capitol over George Floyd's on-camera murder the way these physcopaths did over Trump's election lie, not only wwould they have been killed on the spot, Black folk and Leftists would've be rounded up and killed across the country.

You recognise this when the term "mostly peaceful protest" is used. As if 10.000 people not commiting crimes excuses the hundreds who did.

I don't think merely being part of the crowd outside counts as treason. Storming the Capitol to lay hands on the Congress, on the other hand...

not only wwould they have been killed on the spot,

Definitely true

Black folk and Leftists would've be rounded up and killed across the country.

this, I actually doubt. But they'd have used the whole thing as an excuse to pass laws further militarizing the police and allowing more surveillance of people in general. Like, there would be a police unit with tanks and military body armor and rifles defending the Capitol 24/7 forever.

Last edited:
I have no idea, but given that it's Tucker Carlson, I'd say that the answer is "weak to none".

nods Like most people I've always considered Tucker Carlson to be among the worst of the FoxNews mouthpieces, but this morning I got direct evidence of how he twists things beyond recognition when he quoted me in a piece about NPR and LGBTQ+ folks owning guns.

First, it's cool to see that you're famous!
Second, it's cool to see that you're getting under Tucker's skin.
Third, it's astonishing that he can say with a straight face what he says starting at the 11:45 mark: that the left is ginning up imaginary fears and encouraging its members to purchase guns to face those fears, when his whole segment has that aim for people on the right.

I know you have to feel differently, but in a way, I'd count it as a major win.

nods Like most people I've always considered Tucker Carlson to be among the worst of the FoxNews mouthpieces, but this morning I got direct evidence of how he twists things beyond recognition when he quoted me in a piece about NPR and LGBTQ+ folks owning guns.
So good of you to still associate with us common folk now that you're a huge celebrity... lol

I'm surprised Tucker quoted you. I mean, you were rational, informed nuanced, reasonable and factual. I thought that kind of thinking on Fox News' programming was forbidden.

I'm surprised Tucker quoted you. I mean, you were rational, informed nuanced, reasonable and factual. I thought that kind of thinking on Fox News' programming was forbidden.
Yeah, but Tucker's framing of Igloo's quote is designed to neutralize/miscast all of those qualities in it.

It wasn't the framing, it was putting up the quote in writing instead a verbal quote. Tuck's audience aren't known as big readers. They had no idea what all those big words on their TV screens meant.

What you're pointing out is included in what I mean by framing, but listen to the whole segment. Tucker only gets to Igloo very late, and by the time he does, he's coached his audience on exactly how to process what Igloo says.

Yeah, trans people should be able to have guns. It's fun when people talk about you on the news, it's almost like they still care about themselves, not you.

F'ing awesome! Sharon gets 15 minutes of fame! Twice, once on NPR and again on FoxNews.

If BLM demonstrators had attacked the Capitol over George Floyd's on-camera murder the way these physcopaths did over Trump's election lie, not only wwould they have been killed on the spot, Black folk and Leftists would've be rounded up and killed across the country.
no they would try to assault and torch police precincts in Portland, OR like they did. But I think I get where you're going with this. yes Right wing anger is typically directed at DC and it shows. But Left wing anger, at city and municipal entities. It makes sense: it's probably more immediate to where they live.

F'ing awesome! Sharon gets 15 minutes of fame! Twice, once on NPR and again on FoxNews.

The funny thing is, the annual Transgender Day of Visibility is next week. I'm chalking this up to doing TDoV a few days early, though I'd never have expected to be presenting myself as a transgender woman to a few million people, most of them not particularly familiar with trans folk. :snowcool:

And we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread programming...

no they would try to assault and torch police precincts in Portland, OR like they did. But I think I get where you're going with this. yes Right wing anger is typically directed at DC and it shows. But Left wing anger, at city and municipal entities. It makes sense: it's probably more immediate to where they live.
Vandalizing a local police station is not the same as attempting to coup the US government.

Wow, that's really you talking in the recorded clip??:eek:

As an aside... something else I noticed, is that right afterwards, Tucker Carlson seemingly inadvertently and ironically, mockingly, essentially admits that Neo-Nazism ideology is exclusively a Red-state/right wing ie Republican thing. He doesn't say "only Republicans/Conservatives can be Nazis", but in his attempt to mock the LGBTQ+ folks he is quoting, he seems to accidentally imply exactly this. "Implies" might be too mild... Its pretty explicit, listening to it again.

Ha! That did of the tracks is for

Top Bottom