1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

January Beta - Patch Preview

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Bryan317

Bryan317 Chieftain

I've come from the future to stop the apocalypse. It is the AI from the mod known as Vox Populi that becomes self aware and enslaves humanity.

vyyt likes this.
  2. Zanteogo

Zanteogo Chieftain

It’s about fun. The thing that made them unique was taken away and replaced with a watered down boring replacement.

If it’s about balance. Remove from them in other areas. The pillage raids were enjoyable.

I have suggested removing the gold from attacks on cities from all units other than their UU. Someone else suggested removing the culture from their UB. I also suggested just cutting back on the pillage increase by era on runestones.

vyyt and CppMaster like this.
  3. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Tangential to the whole Denmark thing, but I noticed that Prora wasn't changed in the patch notes.

Prora uses the same yields on pillage table as the Runestone, and got hit pretty bad by this change as well; it's now locked to yields on land resource tiles only, and only gives 10:c5culture: Culture. It's only yields in a single city, and on a fairly late wonder.

This aspect of Prora was always largely ignorable, to the degree that I wasn't really sure why it existed, but with how YieldsOnPillage has been changed lately, I think this either needs to be dropped from Prora entirely, or you need to add YieldsOnPillageSea, and increase the bonus to at least 25:c5culture:.

Bromar1 and Kim Dong Un like this.
  4. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Is it possible to change up the 10% bonus to Open Borders (which is now pitiful) in Artistry into a 30% buff to Historic Events? It would indirectly buff Wonder-based Tourism which is nice.

Kim Dong Un likes this.
  5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

I disagree - it isn't possible to balance the Runestone as it was. It's just not, it scaled too hard in too many different ways. Taking away era scaling wouldn't help, I tried that. It's fine as it is now. OP != fun and fun != OP, in terms of balancing the game.

G

6. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

I also thought Runestone was OP, that was too many yields for too little.

7. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

1. A mate of mine played the new Denmark on marathon on a large map and was a bit bored. In the renaissance, he had 120.000 gold and wasnt able to spend it (his words).
    This shows 2 things. First, its still a strong mechanic, and second, its even more boring. You already get a lot of gold by your UA promotions, gaining such amounts of gold is kinda unnecessary und unfun.

2. To solve this, ive searched and found the formula for pillaging improvements
    If the yields gained by runestone are based on the pillaged gold, we are using an already ingenious system. The gold is based on era and the type of the pillaged improvement. A scaler for the runestone isnt necessary and its really plausible, that GPTI are giving more gold than farms.
    To response to the increase of improvements in later eras, we could add "....*0,9^era*..... " but set the random area a bit higher to compensate the loss in the early stage: "75-125 ---> 90 - 130".
    If we are worried about too many yields cause of too many improvements able to plunder, this would be also true to the normal gold for "normal" pillaging. So such a change would hit 2 flies at same time. It would create a smoother curve and cuts the yields in later eras.

3. Another solution would be also a logical one
    A degeneration of the gained yields, based on the time of war with the civ. The first 5 turns you can plunder with full impunity, but with each turn after this time period, the gained yields are reduced by 4% each turn, down to a minimum of 20%.
    This would force Denmark to make quick, well prepared raids, like they have done in reality. So you didnt get the advantage anyway by going for war, atleast not to that degree. I dont know if this is possible, but I would give the AI in this case an advantage and half the decrease, cause the AI will may have problems to adopt to that playstyle.

4. Change the gained to a wider spectrum
    As said, the amount of gold you get with denmark is stupidly high. So, change the yields to more useful yields but to a lower amount. Something like 2 :c5food:/:c5production:/:c5gold:/:c5culture:. Even 1 :c5food:/:c5production:/:c5gold:/:c5culture:/:c5science: would be more useful and balanced than the current yields.

8. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

BTW...... is it intended, science has a decimal result if multiplied with the puppet modifier (4:c5science: = 0.8 :c5science:), but faith is completly nullified, till you hit a multiple of 5? (4:c5faith: = 0:c5faith:)
    Its really annoying to have a lot of puppet cities in the early game but none of them is contributing to faith till you are able to build temples.

phantomaxl1207 likes this.
  9. bigcat88

bigcat88 Chieftain

@Gazebo pls introduce automatic open boarders for 3 turns after war. Or maybe create a poll?

Vastator, CppMaster and civplayer33 like this.
  10. TheBigFundamental

TheBigFundamental Chieftain

@Gazebo , the accumulated faith resets to zero when you conquer a holy city even if you immediately liberate it. Is this intended?

11. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

Did you already have a religion when this happened?

12. CppMaster

CppMaster Chieftain

Yes

13. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

If you keep it, don't already have an holy city, and the religion is not yet enhanced:
    => Yes. It is to prevent people from capturing an holy city in the early game and use their first GP to enhance it immediatly.

Otherwise, I don't know if it is intended, and you could argue it isn't.

Skidizzle likes this.
  14. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Liberating the city probably shouldn't reset your faith.

15. TheBigFundamental

I didn't have a holy city. I didn't want that city either, but it stood in the way of my next target, plus it belonged to my vassal, so I decided to liberate it, thinking it wouldn't count as "conquering" if I liberate it immediately.

I think it shouldn't reset your faith, since you actually don't gain control of that Holy city and therefore can't slingshot yourself ahead with the accumulated faith.

16. Zanteogo

Zanteogo Chieftain

We need something. The whole getting units stuck behind a border is garbage.

Though Gamey, why not have any units that are in other borders without an open borders be transported to the nearest city? It’s better than artificially losing units.

17. TheBigFundamental

Lightning warfare (Autocracy T2 tenet) grants the promotion to melee infantry units (Riflemen, Great War Infantry) instead of Machine guns etc. Is this intended?

18. Bryan317

Bryan317 Chieftain

I thought there's been a poll and some work had already been done to better teleport units to nearby cities.

Edit. I suppose it's a good as time as any to comment that... yes, if it were possible for a short open borders it would solve all the complaints

19. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Maybe the wording of the tenet is incomplete, but it makes sense to me that it would go to melee gun units instead of machine guns.

20. Bromar1

Bromar1 Chieftain

Instead of delaying it, just lower the bonus. Base is +15% and then gets +15% at printing press, +15% at currency, etc

MidnightAfterglow likes this.