1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Japan by Dumanios

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Dumanios, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Here's a Japanese civilization with revamped units, even if StrategyOnly's has a working download(and it was the base for this module). I wanted to use Aranor's Jomon Warrior for the warrior, but the download was broken.

Spoiler :
    Row 1: Settler, Worker, Scout, Explorer, Spy
    Row 2: Warrior, Swordsman, Axeman, UU, Spearman
    Row 3: Pikeman, Musketman, Rifleman, grenadier, Anti-Tank
    Row 4: Infantry, SAM Infantry, Marine, Mech Infantry, Archer
    Row 5: Longbowman, Crossbowman, Chariot, Horseman, Knight
    Row 6: Cuirassier, Cavalry, War Elephant, Tank, Modern Armour
    Row 7: Cannon, MG, Galley, Caravel, Galleon
    Row 7: Transport, Destroyer, Battleship, Submarine, Carrier
    Row 8: Fighter, Bomber, Great General(Anc/MEd)

The Modern General

Here, drink some Sake.(DL)

Credits:
    Spoiler :
    Based off of StrategyOnly's Japan.

Swordsman, Axeman, UU, Spearman, Pikeman, Archer, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Chariot, Horseman: Danrell's Japanese Units

Explorer, Warrior, Musketman, Grenadier, Anti-Tank, Infantry, SAM INfantry, Marine: Coffee Junkie's EthnicMixMore Mod

MG, Rifleman, Cavalry: Chuggi's Imperial Japanese Units

Mech Infantry: From KrugerPritz's Mech Infantry pack

Great General: C. Roland's Tokugawa

Battleship, Carrier: By Ardraeiss

War Elephant: Chugginator

Spy, Cuirassier, Cannon, Submarine, Bomber, Destroyer, Tank, Galleon: From StrategyOnly's(though the Cannon is Danrell's).

Modern Armour, Galley: Varietas Delactate

Fighter: Road to War

2. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

nice! you should add a LH (plenty to choose from), hate having japan always in wars because tokugawa is always LH

also ik you got my mod DLed, theres a japanese jet fighter in there (as well as subsonic fighter which could be used for jet fighter) if you wish to use

3. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

I'll leave the LH adding to the downloader. I don't want to make the filesize any bigger than it need be. As for the Jet Fighter, I'll see what I can do about it.

However, in my mod, they get Oda Nobunaga, Meiji, and Hirohito.

4. urbanchaos

urbanchaos Chieftain

hey i have download some civs mod from dumanios but i don't know how to install it please help me

5. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

@urbanchaos: If you want the civ alone, open the rar file and then drag what's within into your mods folder.

If you want multiple civs, then create a folder for your mod. Call it say 'My Mod' or 'The urbanchaos mod', whatever you want. Open the rar file, and then open files until you reach Custom_Civilizations. Open that one too. Drag the civilization into your Custom_Civilizations folder. The file structure should be 'My Mod' -> Assets -> Modules -> Custom_Civilizations -> Japan(or whatever civ you want that I have). Make sure that the configuration setting enable modular loading. (Copy them from another mod, rename them, and have a '1' next to ModularLoading = )

Alternatively, you could download my WIP mod, which includes essentially all of my civs, and some more stuff.

6. urbanchaos

urbanchaos Chieftain

when i load the mod its says "you must restart the game to load this mod" when i click ytes they load it all but when the aplication is about to start its allways encountered a problem and needs to close why is that?

7. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Are you using Beyond the Sword?

Version 2: Added new graphics for the warrior and musketman.

8. 7ronin

7ronin 海軍少佐

Yamamoto was an admiral, not a general.

9. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Sorry, the standard game makes the same mistake, and he was the first modern Japanese military commander I could think of off the top of my head.

10. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Version 3 Released

Fixed a few bugs with the Artdefines.
    Added a Transport.

11. TheWalkingR18

TheWalkingR18 Chieftain

Well I have problem about installing the mod. After I dragged the file into the mod file appropriately, I opened the game and play new scenario. Unfortunately the game can't load the unit. Can somebody help me? :sad:

12. YumikoxChan

YumikoxChan Chieftain

I have the same problem