Japan captures Chinese city - now it's 92% Spanish?

groundfisher

Chieftain
I am Japan and I captured Nanjing. There were many rounds of unrest. During that unrest I eliminated the Chinese civilization.

When I finally gained control of the city, it was completely within Spanish territory. When I gained control of the city, it was 92% Spanish.

In a few rounds I am sure the city will revolt and eventually flip to Spain - but why?

Before I took it, it was Chinese. It was a strong city, completely within China's borders. Why do the people of the city identify themselves as Spanish after only a few years? I have another city which I have controlled for THOUSANDS of years. It has 8.2 million citizens. 4% of them are 'Barbarian'. After 1000s of years, in the 21st century.

So why aren't any of Nanjing's citizens Chinese? Because China no longer exists? Neither does a Barbarian civilization! There are no Barbarian cities and there haven't been for 1000s of years. Shenanigans!

And why if I station 1 million troops there, doesn't the 92% Spanish nationality drop? Aren't those troops Japanese citizens? Shenanigans!

I think I'll just turn off culture flipping next time. The concept is a bit silly anyway.

[URL=http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?img=12-004126L&y=2006&m=08&t=jpg&rand=6661&srv=img2][/URL]

Because when you destroy a civ, you esentially wipe all traces of them off of the face of the earth. in Nanjings case, with china gone, the spanish have majority in the city. The concept is pretty wierd.

It's annoying when this happens.

I had a double holy city switch to korean on me a few turns after I captured it.... Despite the fact I put a SOD there to prevent revolts.

Needless to say I captured it back, and razed every single Korean city as punishment ;)

Top Bottom