Japan conquest Geisha houses take two

Grimjack

Bounty Hunter
Since you wont get believed without pictures, I made a few screenies showing the effects of Geisha houses :) :p

Japan conquest,
Research into Feudalism
Build a Geisha house
Watch the unmentioned side-effect of the shields.

I suspect the bug is in the civilopedia, and not in the geisha house.

Tip: Count the shields before and after the Geisha house...

Grimjack

According to the Sengoku editor, it has a Production of 2.

From the editor help file:

Production (Improvement Properties)
The value set here is the percentage increase in total shield production granted by the improvement, in multiples of 25% (so if the value is set at 2, the building gives +50% total shield production).

Attachments

• gh production.jpg
    gh production.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 207
Most true, Kring. The editor indeed holds the value of 2 meaning +50% production. Grimjack's original observation however was that this is not mentioned in the civilopedia.
Grimjack: In the Japanese Campaign, the Geisha houses in addition to the four happy faces mentioned in the civilipedia, also grants a 50 % increase in production.
A proof that happy workers work harder ?
So I guess the bug is the fact that the civilopedia doesn't have the latest details on the production effect, which is another argument in favour of my suggestion to make those effects in the civilopedia dynamic based on the value of the scenario rather than hard-coding it. When Firaxis supported only one scenario (the base game), this was more or less understandable, but if they are going to support multiple scenarios, then it's better to get the information from one source instead of hard-coding it in two places.

I Think this is just a bug.
The civilopedia is correct.
A Geisha House has nothing to do with Shield Production and everything with Happy Icons.
This must be an error in the editor, just tune the production slider to zero and the geisha's causes only happiness (as they do for ages!)

In this scenario, the production increase is needed, and the high cost for the Geisha house makes it not ridiculously overpowered in that regards. I would have preferred a blacksmith or some tush instead though. The production together with the happiness makes the Geisha house move from not ever wanted to be built, to absolutely necessary to build.

If the production bonus is removed, the house is ridiculously overpriced. There are so many happiness increasing/war weariness reducing buildings, it is highly unlikely you would ever want to build the thing for happiness alone. Myself, I discovered it not by building it, but when I counted shields in opponent cities I investigated prior to attack.

Grimjack

Maybe you're right.

I haven't played the Sengoku scenario jet.
Still it's a strange idea to use a "Geisha House" for shield production.
An overall game concept is the fact that due to happiness (and you said 4 more happy icons for this improvement, wich is a lot! ) more citizens can put to work and give e.g. in that manner shieldproduction a boost.

Vedoreus

Top Bottom