Japan, China, or Mongolia for conquest

• China

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Japan

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Mongolia

Votes: 62 47.0%

• Total voters
Tough choices... I say Japan because of 2 UU's and the UA is crazy with Autocracy. However, if you want to be open to more science then China is great. If you want fast army & want city states dead and everyone else hates you then Mongolia is cool.

Mongolia because Keshlik is the best UU in the game & Khan helps further in steam rolling opponents in a short time. Japan UU Samurai has already been nerfed along with LS & Zero is a useless UU.

china is not the best offensive civ, you should also rely on a good economy with them. japan or mongolia can totally focus on war.

china. cho-ko-nus are way over the top.

I am sure Keshliks can beat them unless they are hiding inside cities. Also China is not a completely warring nation because their UB which is a replacement of Library & UU which is a bit defensive in nature.

India?

Even though China's and Mongolia's UU's are both very good, not having to stop or pause your conquesting due to unhappiness is probably more important than any UU.

India?

Even though China's and Mongolia's UU's are both very good, not having to stop or pause your conquesting due to unhappiness is probably more important than any UU.

The India isn't a choice on the poll. Besides, India is made for 3-4, large, efficient cities. In other words, they are best if you want to play tall an opposed to wide. Not good for conquest at all. They are a great civ, just not for conquest.;)

The India isn't a choice on the poll. Besides, India is made for 3-4, large, efficient cities. In other words, they are best if you want to play tall an opposed to wide. Not good for conquest at all. They are a great civ, just not for conquest.;)

Umm, have you played a conquest game as India? With courthouses in their current state? Yeah, didn't think so. While the actual conquering isn't any easier as India (except in the initial War Elephant rush, which works like a more mobile version of the Babylonian Bowman rush), the post-conquering phase is stronger as India than any other civ. Zero unhappiness per city down from 6, thanks to the courthouse, while still only having 0.5 unhappiness per citizen.

Interesting, China is last. I think most of us agree that they are the best overall though.
At least I do.
Japan and Mongolia are both driven for total war since their unique attributes are 100% about war.
China, on the other hand, has an economic UB which balances things more than having two warlike UU:s. It's UU is also immensely more defensive than Japan's or Mongolia's ones.

At least I do.
Japan and Mongolia are both driven for total war since their unique attributes are 100% about war.
China, on the other hand, has an economic UB which balances things more than having two warlike UU:s. It's UU is also immensely more defensive than Japan's or Mongolia's ones.

And their UA can be used for Golden Ages, which is the only advantage it really has over the Khan.

Top Bottom