JAR02, Always War Emperor

Ah true. Better just to leave it then. Retaking wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I think you got stuck in the mindset from the previous game! :lol:

Unloading a boat outside of a city uses the movement of the units inside of the galley, so a 4 tile crossing might as well be 6 tiles.

Agreed. OTOH, the one thing I ignored earlier is that the peninsula tip site will be high-commerce once it has a Harbor and a Duct. Once the war front moves past the grapes E of Anda, maybe it becomes worthwhile to build there.

OK I've just finished, but I don't have time to do the turn-log just now, even if it is going to be quite brief. On balance things have gone well. We have another sword army and another leader waiting to be converted next turn (unless the team decides otherwise). Hovd is ours and the Settler is almost in position. We have some galleys transporting troops over at a decent rate.
I'll post later this evening.

I'd almost rather rush HE at this point. We're seeing enough Leader-fishing chances that it will be very worthwhile, I think.

Unless he swapped the HE to the GLib in teno, the HE should be done by now. Would we want to rush the GLib, if that's the case?

Turn 0 450AD
MM, move some units, Anda -> Harbour

IBT
Inca request audience: They have philosophy, COL, Currency

Literature -> Currency
Loads of incoming Mongol and Inca troops

Turn 1 460AD
Army kills Inca sword, sure up mountain defences
HE changed to Great Library
Colossea chnaged to libraries
Anda building harbour (to collect chop shields)as not to be disbanded

IBT
Horse attacked on incence hill, survived one horse then died red-lining another

Turn 2 470AD
Kill mongol horse with Ehorse. No promotio. Move units, MM cities

IBT
More troops congregating on the battlefield

Turn 3 480AD
Army kills Inca sword next to Anda, Jag from Anda attacks another sword, doing 1 damage before withdrawing back to Anda, eSword kills Inca sword no promotion
Workers -> plains NW of Vilcas

IBT
The Inca appear to have learned Feudalism as we now have MIs in the vicinity
Mongol Archer leaves Hovd heading towards the undefended Cempola

Turn 4 490AD
1 of our 2 eSwords outside Anda kils a Mongol vArcher, but the next eSword does not want to get drawn to the foot of the mountains. We attack with an eHorse, win and we have a shiny new GML. Moved GML to Vilcas, built a new Army (3vSwords) and started a march up the eastern mountains
Army outside Anda attacks an Incan mountain horse and loses 9HP.

IBT
Mongol horse attacks our fortified eHorse on a mountain and wins!
Incan MI attacks eSword and wins

Turn 5 500AD
New army moves North towards Incan stack
Cats use new road to bomb and red-line Incan spear.
Our old army needs to heal so moves towards Vilcas taking out a red-lined Incan sword and red-lined Incan spear. Close call - one HP left.

IBT
Currency -> Philosophy
Troop movements
another Mongol archer leaves Hovd

Turn 6 510AD
Cats bomb archer (Hovd)
vSword beats archer and promotes (no damage)
eSword removes one of 2 Incan Archers next to Anda
New Army descends from mountains, kills the Incan Archer and re-establishes position protecting Anda.
Cats go back to Vilcas and bomb (red-line) Mongol horse just outside.
eHorse beats horse but does not promote.

IBT
Mongol horse dies attacking Vilcas

Turn 7 520AD
Bomb and red-line Mongol spear next to Vilcas. e 4/5 Horse beats spear but no leader.

IBT More troop movements

Turn 8 530AD
Tzintzuntzan Library -> HE
Move troops around
Incan MIs threatening, but no horses around so move all units to stack and give them their space next to Anda
Fortified a rSword in Anda with the Jag to try to quell the resistance which is still ongoing

IBT
More enemies amassing
Incan MI and Archer take the bait

Turn 9 540 AD
Army beats MI
Jag beats Archer but is red-lined

IBT
Philosophy -> COL
Incan MI suicides on our mountain sword
Resistance in Anda finally quelled

Turn 10 550AD
We take Hovd
Cats bomb and red-line a lone Incan Archer. eHorse beats Archer and generates a GML - which is now in Vilcas. I mis-clicked and it took the long way round via the wheat and ended up with no turn left.

Hand over:
MGL in Vilcas
Workers are roading in the mountains to give Cats easy access to enemy troops.
Settler stack one move away from Conduit site

Attachments

• JAR02 550AD.SAV
    130.7 KB · Views: 95
Here you go!
upload_2019-6-13_17-57-54.png

We will have to take the nearest Incan town as their culture borders have taken our city site. Sorry, omitted to mention that, but it shouldn't take long to get there now with our Armies / SOD.

Unloading a boat outside of a city uses the movement of the units inside of the galley, so a 4 tile crossing might as well be 6 tiles.
However, transferring land-units from one boat to another midwater (aka ship-chaining) does not use up the land-units' moves. So we could station Galleys in Atzca, load them up, send them over the strait, then send a Galley(s) out of New Anda to collect the units and sail them into port. Then the units can be unloaded and moved further, and only the now-empty boats from Atzca would be exposed to attack over the interturn.
Unless he swapped the HE to the GLib in teno, the HE should be done by now. Would we want to rush the GLib, if that's the case?
Can't rush GWonders with an MGL, unfortunately! Can rush SWonders, though...

Tenoch was switched to GLib; HE is now being built in Tzintz, and could be rushed.

I'd rather have another Army though -- even if we waited to fill it until we have Feud/Maces from the GLib.
We will have to take the nearest Incan town as their culture borders have taken our city site.
Given the very high flip-risk calculated for Anda, I'm now wondering if that Inca city is actually Cuzco?
Sorry, omitted to mention that, but it shouldn't take long to get there now with our Armies / SOD.
Founding on a rival's territory is not 'illegal' if you're already at war with them... ;)

We should set up a chain. My comment more in reference to moving Anda as close to Atzca as possible.

MGL, SGL, what's the difference? ;)

I thought Cuzco was up near Machu Picchu/Tiwanaku, and that the range of values given was because we haven't discovered it's real location yet (10% being as close as possible, 0.3% being as far as possible).

If we are moving Anda, we shouldn't build a Harbor there. Any opposition to this plan?

1. Settler-abandon Anda; build New Anda 1 SE (next to the mountains; it gets the Whales with culture expansion).
2. Later on, build a commerce-rich but shield-poor coastal city where the slave is working (the peninsula tip).

I'm pretty much neutral on both points.

Also: EEP! Incas have maces!!!

Hopefully the next turnset can push them back and take the Mysterious City In The Fog. Who's up? Is it Suede?

I thought Cuzco was up near Machu Picchu/Tiwanaku, and that the range of values given was because we haven't discovered it's real location yet (10% being as close as possible, 0.3% being as far as possible).
I think the range of values is because we don't know the Incan culture very well, but it could also partly be that we don't know where Cuzco is. In any case, MapStat gives a range even when we know where the capital is.

I'd also rather have an army than rush HE. If Tzintzuntzan takes back the cow from Teayo, we'll have the HE in 11 or fewer turns. Additionally, if we lose the GL in a cascade, if we have 3 armies we can switch our GL build to the pentagon without losing the shields we've invested.

We can see the Incas culture via F8... If two values are always given (and due to the unreliability of that formula), I'm inclined to believe the apolyton formula is either incomplete or wrong. (I might dl mapstat and run some tests, but it no longer seems important)

I'm not sure if MapStat goes off the foreign advisor's comments (they admire our culture, they are dismissive of our culture, etc.) about culture or if it tries to read it off the culture graph, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't read it off the victory screen for the best rival's total. (That didn't exist in vanilla and PTW, and since it only gives the value for one rival, it likely wasn't worth changing for Conquests.) I'd always thought it read the culture graph and estimated how much a pixel was worth, but the foreign advisor's comments would surely have been easier to code and it would give more uncertainty in the flip risk. I don't know how it deals with the distance formula, either.

Top Bottom