I'm curious about coding the AI. Did you do that using lua?

I'm curious about coding the AI. Did you do that using lua?
Yes. AI doesn't know how to handle custom missions so additional lua code for them is needed.

I thought it is posible only in dll. Hmm. I must think if my mods need something like this.

I thought it is posible only in dll. Hmm. I must think if my mods need something like this.
Unfortunately there is no efficient way to tell AI how to behave.
Some civ mods with custom missions I checked and took inspiration from rely on a random draw whether the unit behaves normally or is expended to perform the action.
In the cases the action doesn't require the unit to be expended then I gave a margin of 1-2 tiles of distance from the plot fulfilling the activation conditions (Horses for Amazons' Hippomache, sea luxury resource for Nan Madol's UA).

about the saettia, i'm not sure i quite understand the description

"Friendly embared land units starting their turn on the same tile of a Saettia receive it's movement points generating +1 great merchant point."

So if I have a land unit on the same tile as the Saettia I will generate one great merchant point? So if I have two Seattia and there is a land unit on each do I generate 2 points in total?

Or is it that a land unit starting on the boat tile have it's movement doubled? and the great merchant point is just for each boat/saettia I have?

Is the increased strenght (+3+3) generated every turn? does it get removed if the trade route ends or if the boat moves or?

about the saettia, i'm not sure i quite understand the description
"Friendly embared land units starting their turn on the same tile of a Saettia receive it's movement points generating +1 great merchant point."
So if I have a land unit on the same tile as the Saettia I will generate one great merchant point? So if I have two Seattia and there is a land unit on each do I generate 2 points in total?
Or is it that a land unit starting on the boat tile have it's movement doubled? and the great merchant point is just for each boat/saettia I have?
Is the increased strenght (+3+3) generated every turn? does it get removed if the trade route ends or if the boat moves or?
At the start of the turn every embarked unit on the same plot of a Saettia generate +1 GM point and gain UU's movement points and double movement on coast promo for 1 turn.
At the start of the turn the position of every Saettia is checked: if the UU is on or adjacent to an owned TR course (so not the Cargo Ship itself, just its trajectory) it gains/keeps the buff, otherwise is removed/not given.

Building a Fandaco in rival AI lands is almost a bit pointless since when you go to war it gives zero yields to you but still works as a town for them (I guess, lots of extra food and some gold anyway), it's mostly for building with city-states. Perhaps it's just salt cause I lost like 60 turns of yields from a rival AI due to the turn after I placed the Fandaco they declared a surprise war on me. So it was almost pointless and a complete waste in that regard from my perspective. At least if you build it in a city-state you still get the influence with them even when at war, just no yields beyond that.

Perhaps, if possible, in the popup you should also state that you are at war with someone instead of just leaving the row blank after the name. but that might be overkill. But it might make it more visible in some regard that you should take care of that asap cause it's a yield drain. Also perhaps not show it every single turn? Every other or every fifth perhaps? It felt a bit spammy to have it show up every turn, at least in the beginning when you don't have very many of them. Sort of the same with the TR bonus range being displayed every turn.

Should Jungle and Forests be different in some regard? It removes jungle but keeps forests as it is now.

A worker apparently counts as a land unit in the same tile as a Scaettia for the great merchant point bonus and movement speed bonus. I guess this is as in tended, more of a my bad point for not considering it or thinking it had to be a military unit.

Does Statecraft - Trade confederacy impact the Fandaco yields? I forgot to check when I took the policy, or I had already clicked away the tooltip icon. Perhaps ironic since I just thought it showed up to often. But I think it does improve the yields cause after I picked it a lot of the yields went decimal and I was getting .5 extra science and such thing while I think they where all integers before that. Are there other policies that improve it to? It's a bit odd cause it's only the science that went decimal, I don't get any half golds or half cultures or perhaps those got rounded properly?

Considering the display limitations of the tooltips perhaps they should alter the output, if possible, as the fondaci tooltip only display seven cities, perhaps it can be alternate between displays so the first time it's city0-7 and next time city city8-15 etc and eventually it rotates back. The sacro tooltip displays 15 cities, in city foundation order -- not bonus order. perhaps it could or should be sorted? So it's at least the top 5 or top3 or something. Or perhaps this is just an issue cause I run large maps so seven cities or even 12 is not even displaying a significant proportion of my total cities as the game progress. The difference between the two is that the line for the fondaci is longer and overflows so it displays the culture on its own line, but this could be to the wacky decimal that appeared after the policy so it now takes up more space to give me 3,75 science instead of 3 or 4. It seems to be growing, it's now up to 19 sacro and 9 fondaci. So it seems to be stacking. I thought it stopped at one point. But it's probably on my part.

(edit) I think I finally managed to cap out the tooltips. The Fondaci tooltip seems to drop out at 11. Possible due to the overlapping lines. Some policy of mine have made the numbers whole again instead of fractional but they still spill over so many of them now take up two lines instead of one line unless the city-state have a very very short name (like Ur). The Scaro tooltip is currently at 30 cities. I wish it was sorted tho by amount instead of being a list regarding how old things are. Example my capital has 20%, the next city (Atrani) has 5% while the 5th city (Ravello) has 25% and the 10th city (Praiano) has 30%, so does the 13th city (Minori).

You Great Merchants can overwrite enemy embassies in city-state lands, I guess they could do it in rival AI lands to, with teh Fonadci. Normally embassies can't be pillaged etc. Not sure if unintended or if it supposed to be like that.

Last edited:
Little update on the radar.

Changelog:
- Improved notification for List of Fondaci: to avoid a truncated notification test once Fondaci are more than 15, now a new notification is produced after the 10th Fondaco.
- Cartiera is now compatible with Work Ethics reformation belief from New Beliefs mod and is purchasable with faith.

Top Bottom