Jarcast's Samnites for VP

jarcast2

Janitor Raccoon
Hello everyone, as suggested by @CppMaster I am opening this thread to discuss and receive feedbacks about improvements and balance of my civ when playing with Vox Populi. :)

Spoiler Totem bonuses in detail :

All grants 5 Turns of WLtKD (scales with game speed).

1) Horse Totem
  • +15 XP to all Units.
  • Promotion "Dexterity of Horse": Can move after attacking.
  • +1 Great Writer point (can be disabled by UserSettings option).
2) Bull/Ox Totem (Cattle)
  • +2:c5citizen:, +3:c5food:, +3:c5production:.
  • +2:c5happy: Happiness. VP only: -25% :c5unhappy: Local unhappiness instead.
  • Promotion "Serenity of Ox": Additional +10 HP when healing.
  • +1 Great Artist point (can be disabled by UserSettings option).
3) Buffalo Totem (Bison)
  • +300 City Defense, +25 Hit Points. Garrisoned units heal additional 10 HP.
  • Promotion "Sturdiness of Buffalo": +25% Combat Strength when Defending.
  • +1 Great Engineer point (can be disabled by UserSettings option).
4) Goat/Aries Totem (Sheep)
  • +2:c5production:, +10% :c5production: (VP: 1:c5production: for every 10 :c5citizen: citizens instead of modifier).
  • Promotion "Balance of Goat": Can move impassable (i.e mountains), +33% Combat Strength vs. Cities.
  • +1 Great Merchant point (can be disabled by UserSettings option).
5) Deer Totem
  • +15% Population growth (food carried away etc...)
  • VP only: 10% of city's :c5culture: culture is added whenever a new citizen is born.
  • Promotion "Elusiveness of Deer": Double movements in Jungle/Forests, Ignores Zone of Control, 10% probability of withdraw melee attack.
  • +1 Great Scientist point (can be disabled by UserSettings option).
6) Elephant Totem (Ivory)
  • +10% :c5greatperson: Great People generation rate in the city.
  • VP only: +20 :c5faith: Faith when a Great Person is born in the empire.
  • Promotion "Majesty of Elephant": -10% Combat strength to adjacent enemy units.
7) Wolf Totem (Fur)
  • -25% :c5culture: Culture and :c5gold: Gold cost of acquiring new tiles (specific city only).
  • VP only: 20 :c5faith: Faith when city's borders expand.
  • Promotion "Solidarity of Wolf": +30% Flank attack bonus.
8) Boar Totem (Truffles... I know they are mushrooms)
  • Unit :c5gold: Gold maintenance reduced by 5% (max 20% empire-wide). Receive +1 :c5gold: from both Land and Sea Trade Routes (max 5:c5gold: empire-wide).
  • VP only: 5 :c5goldenage: Golden Age points when a owned military unit is killed.
  • Promotion "Fury of the Boar": +30% Combat strength against wounded units, yields :c5goldenage: Golden Age points from kills.
9) Woodpecker/Bird Totem (no eligible resource around)
  • +2:c5gold:, +10% :c5gold: (VP: modifier removed).
  • +1:c5food: to Mines and Quarries. +1:c5production: to Farms and Plantations.
  • VP only: +1:c5culture: Culture for every 2 Jungle or Forest tiles.
  • Promotion "Industry of Woodpecker": +1 Sight, Earns experience toward promotions 50% faster.
  • +1 Great Musician point (can be disabled by UserSettings option).

Spoiler 3rd and 4th Unique Components :

The Oppidum has also the following progression:
  • +1 :c5food: Food at Chemistry.
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture at Architecture.
  • +1 :c5gold: Gold at Economics.
  • +2 :c5production: Production at Industrialization.
  • +1 :c5food: Food at Fertilizer.
  • +2 :c5culture: Culture at Radio.
  • +1 :c5production: and +1 :c5gold: from Road route.
  • +2 :c5production: and +1 :c5gold: from Railroad route.
Final yield: 4:c5food: Food, 3:c5production: (+3:c5production:) Production, 3 :c5culture: Culture, 1:c5gold: (+2:c5gold:) Gold.

Note: I just discovered that TECH_MASONRY corresponds to Construction in VP, so yes it unlocks together with Walls an Quarries.

Spoiler Decisions :

1) Regulate the use of the tratturi
  • Must have researched Engineering.
  • May only be enacted once per game.
  • Cost: 2 Magistrates and 250 :c5culture: Culture (scales with game speed).
  • Reward:
  • +2 :c5culture: Culture on Pastures and Camps with Roads on them.
  • Gold maintenance for Routes reduced by 33%
  • +10%:c5gold: Gold from :c5trade: City Connections.
2) Institute a Verehia in every city
  • May only be enacted once per game
  • Cost: 1 Magistrate and 300 :c5gold: Gold (scales with game speed).
  • Reward:
  • Cities receives 20 :c5culture: Culture and :c5production: Production whenever a new :c5citizen: Citizen is born (scales with Era).
  • Land Units receive the Promotion "Guardians of the Gates": +10%:c5strength: Combat Strength when garrisoned in a city.
  • (VP only) Unit Supply generated by :c5citizen: Population increased by 10%.
Supports also CBP events with dedicated .xml file but too lazy to write all.

Spoiler Notorious Bug :

The first free unit you obtain when game starts (warrior or pathfinder in VP) received the promotion from the totem of all the founded cities instead of capital only becoming crazily OP.
To deal with this I had to delete the unit from free starting unit table and add a dummy building that gives it back once the capital is founded (InitUnit retained the problem). But worry not, the settler is not left alone against barbarians! In fact, only to the first settler it is granted the ability to always withdraw from melee attacks.

You can find the latest update on CivFanatics or on Steam Workshop (March 26, 2019).

Last edited:
Very interesting civ !

The Bull totem seems to give +3 food and +3 production on the building twice. First on the building, then in the city (on the turn after founding).

Also, is the Falanghia meant to be improved or it just appears under the city ? I can't seem to be able to improve it with a plantation (or other).

Very interesting civ !
The Bull totem seems to give +3 food and +3 production on the building twice. First on the building, then in the city (on the turn after founding).
Also, is the Falanghia meant to be improved or it just appears under the city ? I can't seem to be able to improve it with a plantation (or other).

The Bull Totem gives the +3:c5food:/+3:c5production: yields once and only under the city tile the turn after founding (it's lua and not sql coded), the building gives only +1 Culture and the happiness bonus but its description already mentions the food/prod yields.

The Falanghina resource is given by the Enoteca building and behaves like Jewels/ Porcelain, it does not appear on the map but still gives happiness and can be traded with other civs (edit: btw it doesn't count towards any monopoly).

Hope you enjoy playing it. :)

Last edited:
I was playing a game against the Samnites (v3.2). They pretty much ran away with the game. While I was just finishing my third policy tree, they had unlocked 9 policies in the Freedom ideology. They also had a 7 tech lead in industrial.

Maybe the base +1 culture is too much.

Tomorrow, I will try playing a game as them (on Diety... I usually do not win at Diety but i'm feeling lucky :lol:)

I was playing a game against the Samnites (v3.2). They pretty much ran away with the game. While I was just finishing my third policy tree, they had unlocked 9 policies in the Freedom ideology. They also had a 7 tech lead in industrial.

Maybe the base +1 culture is too much.

Tomorrow, I will try playing a game as them (on Diety... I usually do not win at Diety but i'm feeling lucky :lol:)

Thanks for the feedback.
Some few questions:
  • Did you enable the 3rd and 4th components for Samnites?
  • Which was their starting policy tree? And the following trees?
  • Which is their main monopoly resource?
  • Which eligible resources are present in the capital? If you have In-Game Editor mod active, which totem buildings do they have in the first 5 cities?
  • edit: Do you play with civ-specific CBP events enabled?

Last edited:
I already installed the new version of VP, so I can't load the save. But I remember a few things.

• 3rd and 4th components were active.
  • Their policy choices were Progress, Statecraft and Rationalism. Then Freedom Ideology.
  • I don't activate civ-specific events. Decisions were active though.
  • I activated the free great people points related to the totems.

I think you should remove +1 culture from totem. +1 culture from start in VP is very very powerful.

I enabled VP and MUCfVP components int this mod and still got errors in database.log:
Code:
[1505.534] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.FlavorType - "FLAVOR_JFD_STATE_RELIGION" does not exist in Flavors
[1505.534] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.FlavorType - "FLAVOR_JFD_REFORM_LEGAL" does not exist in Flavors
[1514.052] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X" does not exist in Policies
[1514.052] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_PROTECTIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
I was using last 3.2 version.

Moreover, I think those 2 options should be enabled by default. Other mods use such method. You did amazing job by adding those components and making it VP balanced, so it should be emphasized.

Few suggestions:
  • if you want your mod to be compatible with Trade Opportunities I made then you need to fill "Help" text in table for Falanghina like we did for Coca:
upload_2018-11-14_12-12-19.png

• what this unit does? it is not mentioned anywhere, it takes space and it has standard icon. If it is only for flavour, better drop it and leave standard settler. We did the same in MUCfVP few times:
upload_2018-11-14_12-13-17.png

• picture of Falanghina is very bad quality and contrast. You should rifine it:
upload_2018-11-14_12-14-3.png

• that's my loading screen. Too much information on screen:
upload_2018-11-14_12-15-1.png

• this icon is also bad quality. It is too "sharp", too big, has no mipmaps, and no shadows. Look at our icons in MUCfVP for an example. I didn't check resto of icons, but they suffer the same issues probably:
upload_2018-11-14_12-17-20.png

Sorry for such long list. I hope this can help you make the mod better.

Last edited:
Regarding the Sacratus, you can silence it taking up so much space in the UI by setting ShowInPedia = 0 where Units = UNIT_SACRATUS.

This option is commonly used by modders to add little easter egg unique units

After some busy weeks, I am back with a new update.
Thanks @Minh Le , @adan_eslavo and @pineappledan for the suggestions.

Spoiler Changelog :

• Sacratus does not appear in the civ selection UI and DoM screen anymore (as it should have been since beginning);
  • Shortened dawn of man text to better fit in the screen;
  • Totems do not provide anymore the +1:c5culture: Culture;
  • Nerfed Decision "Regulate the use of the tratturi";
  • 3rd-4th Unique Components: Now enabled by default. Enoteca yields +2:tourism: Tourism after discovering Radio (was 1). Falanghina Vox Populi happiness adjusted from 1 to 2. Oppidum does not provide anymore the +1:c5culture: Culture when built but yields +2:c5culture: Culture at Radio (was 1);
  • Adjusted some JFDLC missing support (i.e. inventions, 2 leader flavors).

Decision changes:
OLD:
  • Cost: 2 Magistrates and 250 :c5culture: Culture (scales with game speed).
  • Reward:
  • +2 :c5culture: Culture on Pastures and Camps with Roads on them.
  • Gold maintenance for Routes reduced by 33%.
  • +10%:c5gold: Gold from :c5trade: City Connections.
NEW:
  • Cost: 1 Magistrates and 250 :c5culture: Culture (scales with game speed).
  • Reward:
  • +1:c5gold: Gold on Pastures. A Road spawns on Pastures (if not already there).
  • Gold maintenance for Routes reduced by 20%.

I enabled VP and MUCfVP components int this mod and still got errors in database.log:
Code:
[1505.534] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.FlavorType - "FLAVOR_JFD_STATE_RELIGION" does not exist in Flavors
[1505.534] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.FlavorType - "FLAVOR_JFD_REFORM_LEGAL" does not exist in Flavors
[1514.052] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X" does not exist in Policies
[1514.052] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_PROTECTIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
I was using last 3.2 version.

I corrected the first 2 in the last update, for the other 2 the mod Bingles' Civ IV Leader Traits in Civ V has to be activated.

Few suggestions:
  • if you want your mod to be compatible with Trade Opportunities I made then you need to fill "Help" text in table for Falanghina like we did for Coca:

Uhm... the problem I didn't give Falanghina a resource monopoly so there's no such thing as TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_MONOPOLY_FALANGHINA.
If I had given it a monopoly bonus, it would have been triggered once obtaining the first copy through the first enoteca built.

• picture of Falanghina is very bad quality and contrast. You should rifine it:
  • this icon is also bad quality. It is too "sharp", too big, has no mipmaps, and no shadows. Look at our icons in MUCfVP for an example. I didn't check resto of icons, but they suffer the same issues probably:

At the moment I am giving priority to the code. I will focus on the graphics once I managed to upload a satisfyingly balanced version (by the way the Triarii flag icon is not mine but by Zwei833 as well as the unit model :p).

Lack of help text cause errors. So maybe make it a bonus reaource if it doesn't have any monopoly? Or make help text that explains that this resource doesn't have such. Either way it is odd that all luxuries have one, but this not.

Make the code check for Civ IV Leader Traits mod and enable, disable the code. There's nothing worse that such errors which mess logs just because. There are two ways:
  1. make two separate versions of the mod like @pineappledan did for one of his civs (one for VP and one for additional MUCfVP),
  2. use "special" code checker from one of my mods (MUCfVP, Capture+++, CSL etc.). It is done in sql.

Lack of help text cause errors. So maybe make it a bonus resource if it doesn't have any monopoly? Or make help text that explains that this resource doesn't have such. Either way it is odd that all luxuries have one, but this not.
Falanghina is like city states' jewely, procelain or like JFD's Belgium Praline, Tomatekh's Kongo Raffia, Light In The East's Safavids Carpet, that is a luxury given by a building.
If it is necessary I can put a TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_MONOPOLY_FALANGHINA specifying that it gives no monopoly and add
Code:
UPDATE Resources SET IsMonopoly = '1' WHERE Type = 'RESOURCE_FALANGHINA';

Make the code check for Civ IV Leader Traits mod and enable, disable the code. There's nothing worse that such errors which mess logs just because. There are two ways:
  1. make two separate versions of the mod like pineappledan did for one of his civs (one for VP and one for additional MUCfVP),
  2. use "special" code checker from one of my mods (MUCfVP, Capture+++, CSL etc.). It is done in sql.
If the Civ4Traits mod is active the code is fairly loaded, if the mod is disabled then there are 2 error lines in database.log with no effect whatsoever on the rest of the code (and this happens for every modded civ that has Civ4Traits compatibility, not just mine). I don't see such big problem honestly, also because if you use other modded civs (let's say the latest from DMS Kenya) you will still get those 2 lines in the database.log.

Spoiler Check :

DMS' code
Code:
--=======================================================================================================================
-- Bingle's Civ IV Traits
--=======================================================================================================================
-- Leader_SharedTraits
------------------------------  
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
    Leader_SharedTraits (
    LeaderType          text    REFERENCES Leaders(Type)        default null,
    TraitOne            text    REFERENCES Policies(Type)       default null,
    TraitTwo            text    REFERENCES Policies(Type)       default null);

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Leader_SharedTraits
        (LeaderType,                       TraitOne,                    TraitTwo)
VALUES    ('LEADER_DMS_JOMO_KENYATTA',    'POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X',        'POLICY_FINANCIAL_X');
-- Leaders
UPDATE Leaders
SET Description = (CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT Type FROM Policies WHERE Type = 'POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_X' )
    THEN 'Jomo Kenyatta [ICON_PRODUCTION][ICON_TRADE]'
    ELSE 'TXT_KEY_LEADER_DMS_JOMO_KENYATTA' END)
WHERE Type = 'LEADER_DMS_JOMO_KENYATTA';

CREATE TRIGGER CivIVTraitsDMSKenya
AFTER INSERT ON Leaders WHEN 'LEADER_DMS_JOMO_KENYATTA' = NEW.Type
BEGIN
    UPDATE Leaders
    SET Description = (CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT Type FROM Policies WHERE Type = 'POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_X' )
END;

Database.log with Kenya active and Samnites disabled
Code:
[33355.234] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_FINANCIAL_X" does not exist in Policies
[33355.234] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X" does not exist in Policies

And I added the user setting to enable/disable the additional components just to avoid to duplicate my mod. If a player wants to use my mod with or without MUC she has just to open a file and change a number instead of downloading the same mod twice.

Falanghina is like city states' jewely, procelain or like JFD's Belgium Praline, Tomatekh's Kongo Raffia, Light In The East's Safavids Carpet, that is a luxury given by a building.
If it is necessary I can put a TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_MONOPOLY_FALANGHINA specifying that it gives no monopoly and add
Code:
UPDATE Resources SET IsMonopoly = '1' WHERE Type = 'RESOURCE_FALANGHINA';

If the Civ4Traits mod is active the code is fairly loaded, if the mod is disabled then there are 2 error lines in database.log with no effect whatsoever on the rest of the code (and this happens for every modded civ that has Civ4Traits compatibility, not just mine). I don't see such big problem honestly, also because if you use other modded civs (let's say the latest from DMS Kenya) you will still get those 2 lines in the database.log.

Spoiler Check :

DMS' code
Code:
-- Bingle's Civ IV Traits
-- Leader_SharedTraits
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
    Leader_SharedTraits (
    LeaderType          text    REFERENCES Leaders(Type)        default null,
    TraitOne            text    REFERENCES Policies(Type)       default null,
    TraitTwo            text    REFERENCES Policies(Type)       default null);

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Leader_SharedTraits
        (LeaderType,                       TraitOne,                    TraitTwo)
VALUES    ('LEADER_DMS_JOMO_KENYATTA',    'POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X',        'POLICY_FINANCIAL_X');
-- Leaders
UPDATE Leaders

CREATE TRIGGER CivIVTraitsDMSKenya
AFTER INSERT ON Leaders WHEN 'LEADER_DMS_JOMO_KENYATTA' = NEW.Type
BEGIN
    UPDATE Leaders
END;

Database.log with Kenya active and Samnites disabled
Code:
[33355.234] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_FINANCIAL_X" does not exist in Policies
[33355.234] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X" does not exist in Policies

And I added the user setting to enable/disable the additional components just to avoid to duplicate my mod. If a player wants to use my mod with or without MUC she has just to open a file and change a number instead of downloading the same mod twice.
resources that aren’t placed on the map won’t be able to provide monopolies. If it is given by a building then no monopoly can be implemented. We did a workaround for this, which involved adding the resource on the tile beneath the city for a unique coca resource in MUCfVP

I see. I could mimic your workaround by adding on lua something like for each city in player's cities if city has just built the enoteca building then get city plot and put the resource there, right?
Do I need to provide some graphic model or icon? Any resource under a city tile is invisible, isn't it? Does this workaround creates problem with the maximum limit of "placeable" resources on a map (like 320 or something)?
I can put it in the next update if it is not too much code cumbersome.

I could mimic your workaround by adding on lua something like for each city in player's cities if city has just built the enoteca building then get city plot and put the resource there, right?
Right. You can check the Inca/Tambo/Qullqa.lua for a reference of how we did it. You have to "activate" the connection of the resource by improving the tile after you place the resource, so you will have to set values for an improvability, etc. with the resource
Do I need to provide some graphic model or icon?
You do, but they will be hidden by the city anyways so it won't matter. I just made all the art files the same as another resource for coca, but I did add a strategic view icon.
Does this workaround creates problem with the maximum limit of "placeable" resources on a map (like 320 or something)?
I don't think so, since it is being added by lua, those max placeable resources only interfere with map scripts. Since the resource is being placed after the map is generated, it won't interfere.

Ok. I have changed the resource to the herbal liqueur Strega, just to be a little bit more original as wine already exists.
This time I was careful to check a background color with a good contrast.

Strategic view:

Fonticon:

So first I delete this

Code:
-- Building_ResourceQuantity
INSERT INTO Building_ResourceQuantity    
        (BuildingType,             ResourceType,         Quantity)
VALUES    ('BUILDING_ENOTECA',    'RESOURCE_FALANGHINA', 1);

Then I add this that is basically the coca code

Spoiler Res_LiqueurStrega.sql :
Code:
--==========================================================================================================================
-- RESOURCES
--==========================================================================================================================
INSERT INTO Resources
            (Type,                TechReveal,        TechCityTrade,         Description,                    Civilopedia,                                 Help,                                    ResourceClassType,     IsMonopoly,     ArtDefineTag,                     CivilizationType,        OnlyMinorCivs,  Happiness,  IconString,         PortraitIndex,     IconAtlas)
VALUES        ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    null,            null,            'TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'TXT_KEY_CIV5_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA_TEXT',    'TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_MONOPOLY_LIQSTREGA',    'RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY',    1,                'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'CIVILIZATION_INCA',    0,                2,            '[ICON_RES_LIQSTREGA]',    0,         'SAMNITES4UC_ATLAS');
-- Resource_YieldChanges
INSERT INTO Resource_YieldChanges    
            (ResourceType,                 YieldType,             Yield)
VALUES        ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'YIELD_PRODUCTION',        1);
-- Resource_Flavors
INSERT INTO Resource_Flavors    
        (ResourceType,             FlavorType,                 Flavor)
VALUES    ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'FLAVOR_GOLD',                10),
        ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'FLAVOR_PRODUCTION',        10),
        ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'FLAVOR_CULTURE',            10);

-- ARTDEFINES
-- ArtDefine_StrategicView
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView
            (StrategicViewType,                 TileType,         Asset)
VALUES         ('ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',     'Resource',     'IconStrega_256sv.dds');
-- ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
            (Type,                             LandmarkType,     FriendlyName)
VALUES         ('ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',     'Resource',     'SAMNITE_STREGA');
-- ArtDefine_Landmarks
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks
            (Era,             State,                     Scale,     ImprovementType,                     LayoutHandler,     ResourceType,                         Model,                                         TerrainContour,    Tech)
VALUES         ('Any',         'Any',                    1,        'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_NONE',            'SNAPSHOT',        'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'resource_flax.fxsxml',                        1,                null),
            ('Ancient',     'UnderConstruction',    1,        'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',    'SNAPSHOT',        'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'hb_plantation_mid_flax.fxsxml',            1,                null),
            ('Ancient',     'Constructed',            1,        'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',    'SNAPSHOT',        'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'plantation_mid_flax.fxsxml',                1,                null),
            ('Ancient',     'Pillaged',                1,        'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',    'SNAPSHOT',        'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'pl_plantation_mid_flax.fxsxml',            1,                null),
            ('Industrial',     'UnderConstruction',    1,        'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',    'SNAPSHOT',        'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'hb_plantation_ind_flax.fxsxml',            1,                null),
            ('Industrial',     'Constructed',            1,        'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',    'SNAPSHOT',        'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'plantation_ind_flax.fxsxml',                1,                null),
            ('Industrial',     'Pillaged',                1,        'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',    'SNAPSHOT',        'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',        'pl_plantation_ind_flax.fxsxml',            1,                null);

-- FONT ICONS
-- IconFontTextures
INSERT INTO IconFontTextures
        (IconFontTexture,                         IconFontTextureFile)
VALUES    ('ICON_FONT_TEXTURE_LIQSTREGA',         'LiqStrega_FontIcons');
-- IconFontMapping
INSERT INTO IconFontMapping
        (IconName,                 IconFontTexture,                IconMapping)
VALUES    ('ICON_RES_LIQSTREGA',     'ICON_FONT_TEXTURE_LIQSTREGA',    1);

-- IMPROVEMENTS
-- Improvements
INSERT INTO Improvement_ResourceTypes
            (ResourceType,             ImprovementType)
VALUES        ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION');
-- Improvement_ResourceType_Yields
INSERT INTO Improvement_ResourceType_Yields
        (ResourceType,             ImprovementType,            YieldType,            Yield)
VALUES    ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',    'YIELD_CULTURE',    1),
        ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',    'IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION',     'YIELD_GOLD',        1);

-- MONOPOLY
--This
INSERT INTO Resource_YieldChangeFromMonopoly
        (ResourceType,             YieldType, Yield)
VALUES    ('RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA', 'YIELD_GOLD', 2);

-- or this?
UPDATE Resources SET MonopolyHappiness = '3' WHERE Type = 'RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA';

And this

Spoiler Enoteca.lua :

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------
-- Samnites - Enoteca
--------------------------------------------------------------
local eResourceLiqStrega = GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA
local eCivilizationSamnites = GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_SAMNITES
local eImprovementPlantation = GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION

-- creates Liqueur Strega under city
function OnConstructionPlaceLiqStrega(iPlayer, iCity, iBuilding)
    local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]

if not(pPlayer and pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == eCivilizationSamnites) then return end
    if iBuilding ~= GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_ENOTECA then return end

local pCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(iCity)

if pCity then
        local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(pCity:GetX(), pCity:GetY())

pPlot:SetResourceType(eResourceLiqStrega, 1)
        pPlot:SetImprovementType(eImprovementPlantation)
        -- removes plantation after connecting LiqStrega to trade list
        pPlot:SetImprovementType(-1)
    end
end

-- deletes Liqueur Strega if city is razed
function OnRazeRemoveLiqStrega(hexPos, iOldOwner, iCity, iNewOwner)
    local pPlayer = Players[iOldOwner]
    local pCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(iCity)

if pCity then
        local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(pCity:GetX(), pCity:GetY())

if pPlot and pPlot:GetResourceType() == eResourceLiqStrega then
            pPlot:SetResourceType(-1)
        end
    end
end

if Game.IsCivEverActive(eCivilizationSamnites) then
    GameEvents.CityConstructed.Add(OnConstructionPlaceLiqStrega)
    Events.SerialEventCityDestroyed.Add(OnRazeRemoveLiqStrega)
end

For the monopoly I am unsure between giving +2:c5gold: Gold on tile or +3:c5happy: Global happiness (half of fur and other resources)

For the texture I copied the folder 3DModel from Egypt's Flax, is it ok?

If this is under the city then you can use even standard plantation model of base resource without adding new files. It is hidden.

Now icon is ok. I think for liquior happiness will be better.

If this is under the city then you can use even standard plantation model of base resource without adding new files. It is hidden.

Now icon is ok. I think for liquior happiness will be better.
Ok then, I referred the wine model.
Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks
              (Era,             State,                     Scale,     ImprovementType,                     LayoutHandler,     ResourceType,                         Model,                                         TerrainContour,    Tech)
SELECT         Era,             State,                     Scale,     ImprovementType,                     LayoutHandler,     'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_LIQSTREGA',         Model,                                         TerrainContour,    Tech
FROM ArtDefine_Landmarks WHERE ResourceType = 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_WINE';

There isn't much information about Comius from my research. Is there any films that he is featured in?
There are not much resources about Comius (you may have better luck using the Italian denomination "Comio Castronio" though) but every year in the town of Bojano (modern day Bovianum, capital of Pentri tribe) there is a reenactment event celebrating the first ver sacrum and the foundation of the town: link and video (audio ita, around min 5.38 there is an actor playing Comius holding a bull-headed cane).

Just dug up this mod. The animal totems are quite an interesting concept. The main mod still works, but 3/4 UC does not work with a recent VP version. Any chance to update?

The sheep totem with 2 culture is very strong in the capital. +50xp sounds very good for siege units to get to range faster. And move after attack sounds very useful for ships, esp. after navigation. Frigates moving in and out like galeasses, but with 2 range.

Top Bottom